Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A few more hospital pictures

We had so many wonderful friends, in addition to our family, visit us while I was in the hospital. We had close to 30 of our friends stop by to meet our precious girl. I wish I had done a better job of getting pictures of all our visitors. We are so thankful for our sweet friends who stopped by to check on us and to meet Jillian. :)

My mom and sister had this bow made for my hospital room door the morning after Jillian was born. It made it much easier to find our room. It had her name, birth date, weight and length on it. It was really cute and a great keepsake from her birth. This was the table in my room. It had flowers, a basket of cookies and Jillian's baby book on it for people to sign. These beautiful flowers came the morning after Jillian was born from my sweet friend, Jenna! They were such a wonderful surprise! These were the super cute cookies that we ordered from Robin to give to our visitors. They were soooo good!!Here is a better picture of them from Robin's blog. Big brother was at the hospital some to visit with friends as well. :) Doesn't he look thrilled to be there? Ha!My friend, Leslie, came to visit! Harper came to visit with her sweet momma. She was still trying to decide what she thought about Jillian. Jill and Gigi
Julee, me, Jillian and Jill
I remember thinking I was skinny that day! Ha! Looking at this picture I now realize I felt skinnier than I actually looked! :)
Sarah came to the hospital for Jillian's birth and then came back a couple of times to check on us!
She brought her son, Payne, who was 3 weeks old at the time and introduced him to Jillian. They were instant friends. Jillian was a wild woman and started kissing on Payne.
He tried to fight her off! :)He looks so frustrated with her in this picture!He finally gave in and let her snuggle next to him! Ha! They are super cute together! And because I enjoy a good laugh I had to show y'all this picture of me. This was when I was being taken from recovery to my hospital room. I have no memory of this picture being taken. It's so weird because I remember my entire surgery and my entire time in recovery but I don't really remember leaving recovery and ending up in my room. It's really weird. Once I got in my room, though, I remember everything. The only thing I remember from being moved is the nurse laughing because I kept trying to hold my head up because it was the only part of my body not numb! Ha! I look so loopy in this picture! It cracks me up!


Hope y'all are having a great week!

17 comments:

Laura said...

I see a future slide slow pic for the wedding of Payne and Jillian! Ha! SO glad you got pics of everyone holding Jillian. That's my daughter's favorite part of her baby book/album is seeing all the different people holding and loving her after she was born! I hope Jillian enjoys it just as much!

Amy said...

Please promise to post those pictures of Jillian and Payne every day. They are sooo (SO!) cute. And girl, you ARE skinny!

I had some dental work done recently that they put me "out" for. I love asking my husband what I did and said the rest of the day because I have NO memory of it at all. Totally cracks me up, too. :)

Absolutely love coming to your blog and seeing such sweetness. Thank you for sharing with all of us!

Brittany said...

I had that same feeling about being skinny! I remember when the nurses took Vince to clean him up and put him in his swaddler that I could feel my ribs! I was so excited! It's funny how you miss that feeling.

claynefields said...

Jillian is SO cute! I love Brody's shirt! Where did you get it?

Katie said...

That picture of Payne and Jillian cuddling together is so cute. ; )

Laura Burciaga said...

Beautiful babies!! Nothing like a newborn!! Thanks for sharing! Love your blog!

Faith said...

Those pictures of the snuggling babies are almost too much to bear! So much cuteness in one post!

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

I remember everything about my surgery, recovery too BUT can NOT remember the trip to my room. Why is that?
Maybe b/c we are getting wheeled down a hallway where ppl are staring at us looking horrible and our minds block that part out. Lets hop anyways

Amanda M. said...

Those pics of the babies together are SO darling. SOOOOOO darling!

The Rohman Family said...

Yes, isn't the post-recovery room period weird after a c-section? My husband said I was VERY loopy! The pics of Payne and Jillian are hysterical!

Heather said...

The pictures of y'all babies snuggling together are too much!! Precious!! You look great girl, so blessed to have friends and family surrounding y'all during this happy time!

Mommarazzi said...

Love Brody's shirt! Can you share where you found it?

Marie said...

your precious daughter is a little darling, Bet Brody is or tries to be a big help to you. you are doing so good, walking, shopping,looking good ,wow !!, I has a c-section 42 years ago, was in the hospital for 7 days, nothing wrong, that is just the way that did it way back then, and I got a boy for all that trouble LOL, we ended up with 3 boys on earth and 1 in Heaven,(( but I got GRANDDAUGHTERS ))I love everyone of my boys and not disappointed at all when they said a boy 4 times to me (worked out better, I did not have any girl names picked out))I kinda had a feeling LOL

Ashley said...

Cute pictures girly. Love the one of you at the bottom!! SO CUTE! HEHE!

Amy said...

love the pictures. especially the one of jillian and payne snuggling....i love the fact that she's just about the same size that he is! :)

Val, Mike, Brax and Harper said...

i have read your blog from time to time since before you had brody... just wanted to say congrats on your new baby girl! i also have a boy and girl, 3 yrs and 8 months. we are lucky mommas aren't we!
i enjoy your blog, you are one of those girls i know i'd be friends with if we met in "real life!" ha!

Maria said...

dropping back to this post because i saw the picture you recently posted on the kids and their shirts from this day. where did you find them? thanks!