Monday, September 27, 2010

Due Date

Today is Jillian's due date!! It's hard to believe that 36 weeks ago today we found out this precious baby would be joining our family. What a wonderful blessing! We are so thankful that Jillian joined our family 12 days early. She is such a sweet presence in our home, and she and Brody bring us so much joy!

My mom took Brody to MDO this morning since I still cannot drive. Brody wanted to tell Jillian goodbye before he left so he climbed-up onto our bed to give her a kiss before he headed out the door. I just love how he lovingly he looks at her! My heart almost explodes when I look at this picture. Josh and I are so crazy in love with these two. They are just so precious!
A little goodbye kiss. Bless Jillian's heart. She get smoothered with at least 20 kisses a day. :)
Sweet Brody wore some of his new fall play clothes today. He was having some issues keeping his eyes open for a picture!
I tried to take a few more pictures but he was moving in all of the other pictures. I guess that's what life is like as a 2 year old...always on the move! While Brody was at MDO, my mom took Jillian and me to Jillian's weight check/check-up. Jillian was 9lbs at birth and 8lbs 7oz when we left the hospital. When we went to her check-up last Monday, she weighed 8lbs 12oz. Today, she weighed 9lbs 5oz!! She gained 9oz in a week. She is quite the little eater! :) Our doctor was really pleased that she had gotten back to her birth weight so quickly and that she had actually exceeded it. He said she looked great and that her weight gain looked great especially for a breastfed baby. We do not have to go back until November when we go for her 2 month appointment!

I meant to take a few pictures at the doctor but as I was taking off Jillian's diaper in the exam room, she had a total blowout and poop shot all over the exam table, all over my dress, all over the floor and across the room on her car seat!! My mom and I could not stop laughing! It was pure chaos. The poor nurse was terrified. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any children. She ran and got Clorox wipes so we could clean-up the table and floor! Ha! It was sooo funny! Definitely something I will remember. We had a few episodes like that with Brody, too, when he was a baby. Needless to say, I never had time to pull out my camera after all of this! :)

Tonight, a college friend of mine came over to our house to take newborn/family pictures. I cannot wait to see how they turn out! Meredith was soooo sweet and patient with all of us. A 2 year old and a newborn can make for challenging subjects but she did a wonderful job. We are so thankful that she was willing to come hang out in the craziness for a few hours tonight! Brody was so exhausted from pictures that he went to bed at 7:30 which is an hour before he usually goes to bed. I think we all may need an early bedtime tonight after our eventful Monday! :)

22 comments:

The Templeton's said...

Congrats on your beautiful family! I have read your blog forever and I just love it! My son and daughter are 21 months apart and it only gets better, they are 3 and 20 months now! It is the best blessing in the world seeing the love brody and jillian will share! Congrats!

Laurie said...

Sweet pictures! Brody is a great big brother.

Holly said...

I love people who can laugh in spite of being covered in poop! If you can't laugh at yourself in those instances, it makes for a long road in parenting! My newest laughter comes b/c I can't take my 7 week old to Sunday School with me anymore...she has such explosive gas...and she's not ashamed of it either!! Congrats on your newest addition, and can't wait to see the newborn pics!

Amanda M. said...

Okay, the poop story is absolutely HILARIOUS!
Love the pics. :)

Christa said...

My daughter had a poo explosion all over me and the front of her dresser. My husband and I were cracking up! Before you become a mom you never imagine all the stuff you are going to be laughing about! Brody is an adorable big brother! Congrats on your beautiful family of four.

Kati @ "along for the ryde..." said...

I can't wait to see the pictures Meredith took!! Ya'll are one beautiful family!

Kelly @ Blessed Mommy, Blessed Wife said...

Those pictures of big brother kissing little sister are so heart-warming! He is going to be such a great big brother! My kids (5 and 2) are in the same birth order and every day there are tender moments of brotherly/sisterly love between them...it is AMAZING to witness and nurture that relationship. Enjoy every moment of it! You are so blessed!

Linds said...

my son pooped all over my husband during his first visit to the doctor. all of the nurses were laughing, my mom almost peed in her pants she was laughing so hard, and I just stood there scared what my husband would do because he was always so terrified of baby poo before we had kids... needless to say he was thoroughly indoctrinated!

Ashley said...

I am so glad you are doing well! She is just perfect! can't wait to come see you guys, hopefully sometime this week! =)

Katie said...

What a great big brother!! I love how Jillian is looking at him when she's getting *smothered* with kisses :)

Adge said...

brody looks like he is going to be such a good big brother.

Amy said...

I Love reading your blog, and seeing fun pictures! I have a 8month old name McCoy Kate..and girls are soo sweet! You are so good at updating!!! I Am proud of you

The Rohman Family said...

Gotta love the breastfeeding blowouts! Hope we get to see the professional pictures!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

1.) The first two pictures are so sweet. It really does make your heart just fill with joy to watch your kids love on each other!
2.) I laughed out loud about the "poop incident".

Megan said...

Omigosh, are "blowouts" a normal occurance? I'm terrified.

thegreenestgrass said...

She is adorable! I am a long time reader and love your blog. Congratulations on the new addition. I can't believe you are so good about updating so soon - that is inspiring!

cMs said...

I never leave a comment, but I just wanted to let you know how much I love reading your families blog! I love how happy and cheerful it, you share about the Lord and I feel like I know your family so well!

xoxo, Caitlin

Momofgirls said...

You are an inspiration...always a joy to read your posts!

*you look fabulous!!
*LOVED the blowout story and imagining how hilarious it was!!
*Jillian's room is adorable!

Congratulations!!!!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

Those pictures are just precious!! Can't wait to see the family pictures!

Whitney said...

I love the pictures of Brody. He's so awesome!!

It's so weird to me that you know Meredith (not that it should surprise me, because we're all around the same age and y'all went to OBU). She's a friend of mine's little sister..(assuming this is the same Meredith)! :)

Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Alex and Jill said...

Okay, the pic of Brody kissing Jillian is precious.

And the story of Jillian's blowout is hilarious!

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

I'm a new follower coming over from Kelly's Korner! Congrats on your new baby girl, she's just precious!

I saw the nursery pictures as I was browsing your site and just love it!