Thursday, September 2, 2010

Brody's Thoughts about Jillian

One of my favorite things about this pregnancy has been watching Brody experience me being pregnant. I have loved watching him process all the information about Jillian and I have loved hearing him tell others about his "sissy". As a mother, there is nothing sweeter than hearing one of your children talk about their sibling with such love. Brody is so proud of Jillian. He loves to show her room off to friends who come by the house. He loves to show everyone her new clothes and her toys. He really loves the "idea" of Jillian.

What I have loved so much is hearing all the funny things he has said about Jillian! Here are just a few things he has said recently...

*One of my mom's co-workers asked him what he was going to get in 2 weeks. He said, "A Rmm Rmm!" That's the noise he makes when he is talking about a tractor or dump truck! Ha!

*If anyone asks him where Jillian is he says, "She nap."

*When I push the shopping cart at the store my belly ends up against the bar. Brody will put his hands on my belly and say, "Move Sissy! Move!"

*Sometimes he looks at my belly and says, "That a biiiggg sissy!" Or he says, "That a biiiggg momma!"

*One time I pointed to my belly and asked Brody who was in there and he said, "A doggy!"

*I have found he hanging out in Jillian's swing just relaxing the past few days. When I ask him what he is doing he says, "Twinging!" I hope he doesn't try to "twing" while she is swinging! Ha!

*He will sometimes voluntarily hug and kiss my belly before he goes to bed. One night he was about to kiss my belly and he looked at me and said, "Don't bite sissy!" I'm not sure if he was thinking about biting her or if he was worried she was going to bite but either way, not biting occurred.

*If I have my shirt pulled-up or my belly is even showing at all, he immediately pulls it down and says, "Night Night, sissy!"

*If we are in public he will lift-up my shirt and point to my belly while yelling, "That a sissy!"

*When we pray with him, we always pray for Jillian. Now he has started praying and his prayers are "mommy, daddy, sissy...amen." I love that he prays for her!

*We were reading a big brother book and we came to the last page where the mommy had just had the baby. I pointed to the baby and said, "Brody, what is the mommy holding? What did the mommy have?" Brody looked and me and said so proudly, "A monkey!!!!"

We are in for a lot of fun with these two!

25 comments:

Mallory said...

LOL!!! Too cute! He really is a doll and I can't wait to see how he is with her! :)

Paige said...

That is the sweetest! LOL, I absolutely love the "That a biiiggg sissy" He is just to precious!

Beth said...

Oh my goodness! That is the sweetest thing ever! He's such a smart and funny little guy!

Summer said...

Jennifer,
This is just to cute!! Brody is going to be such a great big brother....I laughed out loud about the grocery cart and him saying "move sissy, move" and the That a biiig sissy, and the what did the mommy have? "A Monkey" hahahahah
Already brotherly love at it's best....so stinkin cute

xoxo
Summer :0)

The Wife said...

How sweet! What great memories to have!

The Adventures of Baby Bond said...

That is about the sweetest post I have ever read!! So sweet!!

Ashley said...

How cute is that! Just precious!

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh! Those made me laugh out loud!! How cute! I can't wait to see what he says when he see's her!

Amanda M. said...

oh my gosh, that monkey comment at the end made me laugh SO hard. that boy of yours is SO cute. i absolutely LOVE reading this blog and reading brody stories!!!

-Lauren said...

so sweet.. you will have great stories to tell his future girlfriends and embarrass him a little!

Kristi (Turley) Jackson said...

One of THE best feelings as a mother is to watch siblings interact. My son was 10 when my daughter was born & he is very possessive of her but in the best brotherly love way! She loves him too, just as much. He told me he never dreamed he could love a sister so much. It's such a blessing to hear them laugh & talk together...and she's just now 1! Jillian will be here before you know it! How exciting!

Katie said...

You are in for a lot of fun!

Sweet prayers from Brody. ; )

So excited she'll be here soon. She'll be a beauty.

Missed seeing you at the open house this morning. Hope you're feeling good. ; )

The Allens said...

I love all of these - especially the one where he pulls your shirt up!

Beth Ann said...

I LOVE the "night, night" part!! And the prayers are so sweet :)

The Tesdalls said...

Oh my goodness...that is just TOO CUTE!! Our boys were both born in October 2008 and he sounds just like my Jonah:)

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Ha! That is both sweet and hilarious!! Lilly would "push" the swing for Reid and she thought he wanted to go as high as possible! Haha. It is soooo sweet that he prays for her. That is just heart-melting! I can't wait to meet that little "monkey"--haha!!

Adge said...

those are all so sweet. he is so adorable

Erin said...

These are soo cute. So glad you put them on a post, will be so great to remember years down the road and for Jillian to read!

Laura said...

That is so stinkin' sweet!

Faith said...

So cute!! He's going to be such a great big brother!!

Mary said...

my son was like this too before his baby brother arrived...when he arrived it was a whole different story! the first week was good and he loved and kissed on him all day long...but then he started really acting up....good luck!
just remeber not to expect to much out of brody, this is a huge change for him.

Lauren said...

Awww, this is the sweetest post EVER!!!!!

Whitney said...

I love all those stories!! Such a great thing that he loves his sissy so much!! :) I can't wait to see her.

Meg said...

Haha! That is too cute!

Wyn said...

That is just too cute! I bet you can't wait to see how they interact with each other.
I have a little girl who is 16 months and a boy who's 5 months and was really nervous about how she would take to a new baby. She was too young to really explain or understand that there would be a new baby but as soon as we brought him home she just fell in love with him and now they are just the cutest together! (Although we did have a small biting incident of our own today, oh dear!)