Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday

We had a fun little afternoon running a few errands and doing a little shopping!

First, we met Jill and my mom for lunch. Then, Brody and I headed to a local gift shop to look at a few things. I love just walking around this particular store. They have some of the CUTEST things!! Apparently, when I browse stores I say, "This is cute!" way too much because today we were looking around and Brody kept picking-up things and saying, "Cute!" He picked up this little bucket, said "cute", then flipped the price tag over and acted like he was looking at the price. That's exactly how I shop! ;)
After we left this store, we headed to a local children's clothing store. I was looking for a little outfit for Jillian to wear home from the hospital. I didn't see what I was looking for so we were in and out pretty quickly!

Then, we headed to Lowe's. We (Josh) is putting trim in Jillian's room this weekend so he needed me to make a quick stop for him. Our quick stop turned into a 30 minute trip because Brody wanted to sit on the riding mowers. He calls them tractors and he thinks he is so big when he sits on them! We left Lowe's and made a quick stop at Sonic Happy Hour. I got an ocean water! I love to get these even if they turn my tongue a little blue. ;)Our last stop was at Target. There were a couple of things I had wanted to look at to possibly add to my baby registry so we got a scan gun and looked around. Brody wanted to hold it while we walked through the store. No Target trip is complete without a stop on the vacuum aisle. Brody will ask for the vacuums as soon as we walk into the store. He knows exactly where they are and gets so excited when we head that way. It seriously cracks me up! I think Santa will probably be bringing him his own little vacuum this year. ;)We left Target and headed back home. We were greeted by the mess we left from earlier in the day. I have just learned not to clean up until the end of the day. It's silly to constantly be picking-up toys, etc., if we are going to be home playing and making messes all day. Brody had been 'cooking' this morning and serving food on paper plates. He is such a great cook! ;) We cleaned this little mess up before we cooked dinner this evening. Once Josh got home, we cooked chicken tacos together. He grilled the chicken and I did the rest! They were really good!! Then, we cleaned-up from dinner, gave Brody a bath, and got him in bed.
It's amazing how a simple afternoon of running a few errands can totally wear me out these days! I am definitely ready for bed!
Hope y'all had a great day!

23 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

What a fun day. Sonic Ocean Water...yummy!

Laura Ann said...

I think is so funny how they imitate us at such a young age. That is hilarious that he flipped that bucket upside down to look at the price.

What is it you are looking for Miss Jillian to wear home? Maybe I can help you out or point you in the right direction (I have a bad little shopping habit when it comes to my kiddos).

Will not be long and you will be a Mommy of 2 beautiful little children. I can not wait to see pictures of them together.

Rebekah said...

oh the things we do to keep our kids happy! how funny that brody loves the vacuum cleaners!

Miranda said...

I love Brody stories - he does the cutest things! :-) Glad ya'll had a great day!

Lianna Knight said...

You and Jill are just precious!!!

AND, I LOVED your wellies in the post below...too cute!

Mom2One said...

My lil' guy calls mowers, "tractors" as well. He cries when he has to get off of one. I'm not preggers and a day of errands wears me out...I don't know how you do it! =) Chicken tacos sounds yummy and I'm a big fan of Sonic ocean water too! =)

Melissa said...

Brody's love for vacuums just cracks me up!! I've never had Sonic Ocean Water - sounds interesting, I'll have to try it! :)

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Brody cracks me up! What a sweetie! I'm glad he's learning how to "shop" and that's so funny that he has to stop by the vaccuum aisle at Target. Too much! I wish I liked vaccuuming that much because our house is covered in carpet :)

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had a great day!

My husband liked vacuums when he was a little (and big) boy, and now he is the one to always do the floors. I love it because I HATE doing the floors. (His mom and dad are the same way. *lol*) Hopefully that means Brody will love to help you clean!

The Allens said...

That was a great day!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I am officially craving chicken soft tacos now, those look delish!!

Lauren said...

You and your sister are adorable!!!

Sounds like the perfect day!! :)

The Rohman Family said...

What is Ocean Water?

Faith said...

He could not be any cuter!! It cracks me up that he knows where the vacuum aisle is and wants to go there everytime. Hahaha!

Karen said...

What a great day you had! I finally made it to my first Sonic a few weeks ago during our drive to Arkansas. Can you believe it? Loved it. Hope you are doing well!!!! Only a few more weeks!

Mary said...

my 3 year old saw your 33 week picture today and said "OOHH, look mommy! she has a baby in her belly! cute!!" i thought it was so sweet!

Jess said...

What a fun filled day! Id say you DO get wore out! I think it is so funny/cute that Brody loooves vaccumns so much! I had a little cousin (boy) who was the exact same way, he knew them by names and Dirt Devil was his favorite haha.

Tammy's Funky Flowers said...

Hey Jennifer I don't know if you saw my previous commment about me sending you some of my flowers for Jillian and doing a giveaway on your blog. If you are willing and interested please send me an email at tammysfunkyflowers.blogspot.com
You can check out my flowers at www.tammysfunkyflowers.blogspot.com or even on facebook facebook.com/tammysfunkyflowers. Let me know what you like and I will send them to you free for doing the giveaway. Thanks for you time...You are one of the cutest pregnant women I know. I am so jealous...I blow up like a ballon...lol.

Meg said...

Your post had me laughing. I have a little guy (16 months old) who is also in love with "tackters" AKA riding lawn mowers, and the vaccuum aisle at Target. We always have to make sure we see the vaccuums at Target! I grew up in a family of all girls and none of these things appealed to us. Haha!

Kristen said...

Hey, Jennifer. I've just commented once before but I've been reading your story for a while. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award on my blog! You can check us out at: http://ckmichaels.blogspot.com .

Have a great day!

Kristen

Barbara said...

Hi Jennifer! I admit it.... I am a stocker of your blog.....LOVE IT! Your son is a handsome doll! Even thou I don't personally know you, you are the only one I know that is going to have a baby girl! CONGRATS! you have to got to this blog and enter to win when I saw these outfits I thought of you and your baby girl! they are to die for!

http://itsthelittlethingsthatmakeahouseahome.blogspot.com/2010/08/ruffles-cream-new-sponsor-giveaway.html

Thanks for all your enjoyable blogging....oh and Congrats to your sister on her upcoming nuptials!

Erin said...

sounds like a great day!! :) Love the play by play !

怡張樺怡張樺怡張樺 said...

唯有穿鞋的人,才知道鞋的哪一處擠腳......................................................................