Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our Weekend

Our weekend actually began early Friday morning around 1am. Our friends, Ryan and Sarah, welcomed their sweet baby boy, Payne into the world. Sarah is a school teacher and went into labor on Thursday during the first day of school. :) She went to the hospital Thursday afternoon and had Payne early Friday morning. I headed up to the hospital about 10:30 or 11 Thursday night and then left soon after Payne was born. We went back to visit them Friday evening. We are so excited for Ryan and Sarah! Sarah blogged more about their weekend on their blog here.

After we went to the hospital, we went to eat and then relaxed at the house. Saturday morning, Brody and I ran several errands while Josh worked on a few things around the house. Brody and I went to Target to pick-up a few things. We made a stop by the vacuum cleaners before we left the store. :)
We headed to Old Navy after that to see if they were having any good sales. We didn't get anything but we did visit with the mannequins before we left. Brody kept giving this girl a shoe and tried to get her to put it on. I didn't have the heart to tell him she was not real! Ha!
He apparently didn't care and laid a big wet one on her before we left. He said, "Bye bye girl!"
We left there and met Julee and Kimbo for lunch. Kimbo was my suite mate my freshman year of college and was one of my good friends all through our time at OBU. Her and her husband were up here for the weekend. I was so glad to get to see her and spend some time with her at lunch. Brody was crazy but thankfully, she didn't care! :)
Brody and I ran a few more errands and finally headed home early that afternoon. Brody took a four nap once we got home. When he woke-up from his nap, we found him undressed, covered in poop and poop all over his crib! Ha! It was so nasty! I have heard about this happening to so many people but it had never happened to us until Saturday. Oh my word!

Sunday was promotion day at our church. Our church had former Florida State football coach, Bobby Bowden, come speak as part of the kick-off celebration for the new church year. We also had a tailgate party/lunch after church services. We also were all encouraged to wear our favorite sports team shirts. It was a lot of fun! Here are the boys dressed in the Hog shirts! Our family at the tailgate party. I can't fit into any of my Razorback shirts! Ha!
I cooked chicken spaghetti for dinner Sunday night. I think Josh and I had both been craving it! :) Brody had such a fun time playing with his spaghetti! I mentioned on Twitter that I had made chicken spaghetti and several people asked for the recipe so here it is. There are a million versions of it but this is the one we like best!
Chicken Spaghetti
4 boneless chicken breast
8oz Velveeta (cubed)
1 can Rotel
1 can Cream of Mushroom ( I use cream of chicken soup because I don't eat mushrooms! Ick!)
1 package spaghetti noodles
salt, pepper, garlic- to taste

Boil or bake chicken chicken.
Boil spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
In pan combine Cream of Mushroom, Rotel (I use the whole can but you can use half if you don't want it as spicy), cubed Velveeta in pan and heat over low to medium heat until Velveeta melts.
Once heated through, combine with noodles and chicken. Mix together, season to taste and serve.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

10 comments:

Mom2One said...

Chicken Spaghetti is a household favorite for us too! =) Looks you had a great weekend! Brody is too cute talking to mannequins! =)

(I'd rather not jinx myself about the poo-poo experience you had, but here goes..I've never had an experience as yours..but I wouldn't say it won't ever happen... You NEVER know what's going to take place in a day when you have a busy toddler in the house!)

Courtney said...

Ahh the poop experience. lol Yeah it happens. It'll probably happen in the tub too.

Lauren said...

What a fun weekend! That Brody is a mess, ha!!! :)

Erin said...

ok I love your pregnant belly and I love that he woke up to poop every where. I have yet to have that happen and if it ever does I sure hope my husband is home. That does not sound fun.

Sounds like an amazing weekend.

Megan said...

I love chicken spaghetti also and thats my favorite recipe but Luke won't eat Velveeta so I can't ever make it. Sad day I know. You all look cute in that pic from church!

Bryan and Ashlan said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Brody makes me laugh, he is too cute. :)

Thanks for posting the recipe. I'll have to try it soon.

Katie said...

Love Chicken Spaghetti! Looks like you all had a great weekend, I just love your blog. I am friends with Julee Turner and saw the shower she threw for you and sweet Jillian. I shared it on my party blog today b/c I just thought it was so cute! www.katiegracedesign.com

Brooke said...

I am SO jealous to got to hang out with Bobby!!! I am an FSU grad and just LOVE that man...we're gonna miss him being on the field this year!

Brody is so cute! Congrats and good luck with your soon-to-be addition, Jillian!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I meant to tell you the other day that I made it and was really good. I accidently doubled the amount of cheese because I thought a block of velveeta was 16 ounces. Haha. Oops. Then, I also baked it at the end...it was really good!

Mrs. Jenk said...

Don't tell my Aunt Mary, but your chicken spaghetti is my new favorite!