Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nursery Furniture

A few months ago, I asked my friend, Emily, who paints and distresses furniture, if she could paint some things for Jillian's room. I knew I wanted a dresser/changing table painted to match her room. I also gave Emily a side table I had gotten from Josh's mom. She was no longer using it in her house and it was just sitting in a closet so I took it back home one weekend thinking Emily might be able to make it work in the nursery. Emily came over one day last month to look at the room. I gave her the fabric swatches for the bedding while she was here and then told her she could do whatever she wanted. Bless her heart. I wasn't much help, but I totally trusted her and knew she would come up with something perfect for the nursery. And she did!!

We picked up the furniture from Emily this weekend and could not be more pleased with the way the pieces look in Jillian's room!

This is the adorable dresser/changing table!
I love how it stands out against the wall color in the nursery. I am so glad we decided not to paint the room. Emily gave the inside of the drawers a little girlie touch by painting them pink. Perfect! This is the side table we got from Josh's parents. I wish I had taken a before picture of it. It was a very nice table but it had a solid cherry finish on it so it was really traditional looking. I LOVE the painted table top! This is going to be next to our green glider in the room.She distressed the table some. It looks so great in the room! I just wanted to show you how perfectly the paint color matches Jillian's crib sheet! We had not even bought this sheet when Emily bought the paint, but is the exact same color!
Thanks for all your hard work, Emily!! We LOVE both pieces and we know Jillian is going to love her furniture, too!

Y'all have to go read Emily's blog post about the dresser. You wouldn't believe all the work she did to it to make it functional. I love before and after pictures and this post has some great ones of the dresser!

20 comments:

Morgan Paige said...

So cute! Hey where is her bumper from? Did you have it made? If so, where did you find the fabric. I have a camera strap that same fabric and have been looking for it to make curtains!

Brittany said...

Love it!! It's so classic! She will love it!

Emily Richardson said...

Thanks for the shout out! Love the pics too- it looks great:)! Now, just waiting for little Jillian!

mjellis said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Summer said...

Jennifer,
Yay you posted a sneaky peaky of the nursery I was hoping if I asked enough you would LOL.....

How awesome is that furniture....I love the contrast of the blue and then the inside pink drawer....love it and that distressed table is beyond fab...love it....love the bedding too

I think Jillian will be more than pleased....isn't it fun decorating for a girl? I can't wait to get you started with Matilda Jane clothes LOL

xoxo
Summer :)

Domestic Goddess said...

Those pieces are amazing! I love how she'll be able to have them long after she's a baby! Now, if only your friend lived close to me..... :)

Jenna said...

Very cute!

Sarah @ 365 Glimpses of John Parker said...

We want to see more of the nursery! Love her bedding, did you order it from somewhere?

Traci said...

It looks really great! I can only imagine what the room will look like when it's complete!

Abbie said...

Love it!! And I especially LOVE how she did the inside of the drawers pink!! Can't wait to see Jillian in it!

Lauren said...

Looks fantastic!!!!! :)

Vonda Axe said...

The pink inside the dresser/changing table is too cute. I never would have thought of that. Jillian is a lucky girl with a great room.

Ashley said...

That looks so great! I love it! I can't wait to see her in it! : )

Ashley said...

I'm ready to see the nursery reveal! We just refinished some of my old furniture for my sister's room, and it makes a HUGE difference. So adorable!

Megan said...

So cute I love the colors! She did a great job!

Kelly said...

LOVE IT!!!! The nursery is going to be SO cute!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Looks great! I love repurposing furniture - so much more character!!

Hattie said...

It all looks so good! I love the pink inside the drawers!!! Your friend Emily rocks!

Kaylee114 said...

That is such a lovely girly blue color! Your friend did such a great job! I read her blog too, since you provided the link , and I couldn't believe how cheap she got everything for! So it only cost you $30 for everything plus $5 for the paint!! I am shocked. You got such an AWESOME DEAL!!!

Will she charge those same prices for anyone too?

Emily Richardson said...

Thanks for all of the sweet furniture comments! I'm so encouraged:)! And unfortunately Kaylee, I have to charge for labor too. $35 was just cost of goods, but since I can find good deals- I can still charge less:)!