Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jillian Kate's Shower

Sunday afternoon, some sweet friends and my sister hosted a precious baby shower for Jillian and me. Everything was just SO cute! I wanted to share pictures of all the details so this post if fairly long but it's full of cuteness!
The shower was at Julee's house. This sign on a door arrangement greeted all the guest as they walked into the house. The table in the foyer with Jillian's baby book. There was a framed invitation and a vase full of pink bubble gum. The adorable food table in the dining room! It was seriously soooo cute! I love that they used all the colors from her nursery. The pink and turquoise were so cute together. The drink table. Little birds, bird nest and bird eggs were used all around in the decorations. This might be my most favorite Rick's cake ever. I thought it was adorable! The invitations matched Jillian's bedding and the cake matched as well! The bottom layer of the cake is done in the same pattern as Jillian's crib skirt. We all loved the cake and none of us wanted to see it get cut! The back of the cake. I loved the little mod birdie! There are cute little bird accents in Jillian's nursery as well.
They had a little area of the table that had some of my pregnancy cravings. I craved sour candy for weeks. I don't even like sour things but I ate tons of it for weeks so they had sour watermelons. I also have loved the pretzel M&M's. Have you all tried those? If not you need to! And of course, Twix candy bars. I never leave Target or Walmart without buying one when I check out. :) Little mini brownies with icing on top. They looked like little bird's nest! The little bird eggs in all the nests on the table were chocolate covered almonds. Fruit kabobs in little flower pots with moss. They were sooo good! Banana pudding. One of my favorite desserts! The sweet hostesses and me.
Leslie, Julee, Sarah, me, Maggie and Jill
I loved seeing Jillian's name on the big banner. The paper was patterned to match her bedding fabric. Leslie is a graphic designer so she went all out on all details!! I am going to have to share the invitations and stationary this week that Leslie made. She is sooo talented! The girls also had my ultrasound DVD playing during the shower on the tv.
My weekly picture from the week before the shower. So many of our friends were able to come celebrate with us. It was so fun getting to spend the afternoon with them. Opening all the wonderful gifts!!Jillian was given so many cute things! Me with all the gifts we were given! I just love seeing all the PINK!!!
We were so blessed by our wonderful friends! My sweet mom! She and my dad successfully raised two girls (although we made it difficult most days. Ha!). Thankfully, they will be able to give a lot of advice when it comes to raising a girl! My sis. Jillian is going to have so much fun shopping with her aunt Jill!
Josh's mom. We were so glad she was able to come up for the shower and spend the weekend with us!
My cutie and me. I cannot believe we are about to have 2 kids!!
Our family of 4! If you look up at the TV you can see Jillian's profile in 4D! It just happened to be on the screen when Julee took this picture! :)
Jill, Leslie, Me, Julee, Stefan and Halle Kate. We were so excited Stefan and Halle came up for the weekend!!
The party planners!! These two worked so hard on all the details to make Sunday extra special. I am so thankful for them and love them both! Julee-thank you for hosting the shower at your house. You are such a precious friend.
Jill, Julee and Leslie stayed up until 2:30 working on things Saturday night and then worked all morning on Sunday. The shower was perfect and I appreciate their hard work so much!! I hope you three were able to get some much needed and much deserved rest after pulling off such a wonderful shower!

36 comments:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

They did do such a great job!! All of the details were so impressive and sweet.

I can't wait to see Jillian in all of that adorable stuff!

Oh, and I just got a chance to watch the video of Brody--hysterical!

Sarah said...

what a beautiful shower!! the decorations were ADORABLE! miss jillian is a lucky little girl! hope the last few weeks go smoothly!! :)

Lauren said...

Oh my word, Jennifer. Everything about the shower is precious!!! FANTASTIC!!!! Loving all the pink. Now all we need is that sweet baby to show her face!! :)

Julee Turner said...

You are very welcome!! We enjoyed doing it even in the delirious state we were in on Saturday night! :) I thought it all turned out pretty perfect for baby Jillian! Love you!

Alex and Jill said...

What a sweet shower. I love all of the little details that match the bedding and her room. They did a wonderful job!

Can't wait to sweet Jillian's face.

EmmyLou said...

This is so cute! How blessed you are and how beautiful you look! Also, can't get over the adorableness of that cake! xo

Crystal said...

So cute!!! The decorations were adorable!!! I have to ask..where is the pink rug from? I've been looking for one for Macey's nursery and I cannot find one in that color pink.

La Dolce Vita said...

I am completely obsessed with the colors turquiose and pink together. (that was the colors for our wedding. I just adore the color combination) so of course I think your shower is the cutest ever! They did SUCH a great job. Absolutely precious. Best wishes as you eagerly wait for your baby girl to arrive!
-sandi from sc

Mrs. Williams said...

Too Cute!! They did a very good job. Love those 2 colors together pink/turquoise.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

so sweet! i LOVE the colors and all the personal details are so sweet. i love that they had your pregnancy cravings there for you to enjoy. SO thoughtful. the little birds and the "nest" stuff. such a great shower!

and you look so beautiful, jennifer! i'm thrilled for you!

Sweet Bef said...

everything looked so perfect! i love that they incorporated the colors of her nursery and the invitations into the shower decor. definitely gives me tips for all the baby showers i'll be hosting in the future.

and that dress is so cute and looks great on you! :)

Mallory said...

They should go into a business, the shower looked perfect! I LOVE the cake! Gorgeous! You look great, just a few more weeks!

Ben and Emily said...

Love all the details! Your hostesses out did themselves!

:) emily

Brei said...

Looks like SUCH a fun shower! I am DYING over that cake!! I love mod birds, too...cutest shower and such great gifts! You looked so pretty!

Heather said...

It looks absolutely perfect and that cake!!!!! Unbelievable!!! Love it!

Aimee said...

LOVE IT! I just had a baby girl in June and we did her nursery in birds! It's becoming popular I think!

Caroline said...

i love everything!!!!!!!!!! it is perfect and you look beautiful!!!!!! i love birds

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Seriously, absolutely beautiful baby shower! Every detail is gorgeous. I am really impressed. What wonderful friends and family! Cute dresses everyone too.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Such a CUTE shower!!! I love all the details (especially your pregnancy cravings)...and that cake made to match Jillian's bedding is AMAZING!!! JK is a blessed little girl to be loved so much already.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

What an fabulous day :) I love ALL of the details, the cravings, so cute!, colors, Jillian's name on the mantel is adorable, everything! And you look gorgeous as usual! (Where did you get your dress??)

Traci said...

Everyone did a fabulous job! It looks adorable!

Betsy said...

Wow...what a beautiful shower!! They did such a great job with every little detail! And you look so pretty!! :) Can't wait to see your sweet baby girl.

PS-It IS so funny how many anniversaries we have in common!!

Rebekah said...

Precious. Every single detail. The cake is TO DIE FOR!

Heather said...

Your shower looked absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors and all the decorations, your friends and family did a great job! You look beautiful!

Erin said...

wow that cake looks amazing and look at all those wonderful gifts!!! What a fun time . . you have amazing friends!

Whinging said...

Hi Jennifer,

Your shower is SOOOOOO CUTTTEEEE!

Your friends did an AMAZING job of decorating. And the food, so cute and thoughtful.

What wasn't very thoughtful was Jenna posting photos of your big day on her blog before you could post your own photos.

How disappointing. Big blogging no-no. So sorry some have to ruin such a fun time for you.

Can't wait until Jillian is born. I just know she is going to be gorgeous. Just like her mamma!!

GOODE TIME GIRLS! said...

Jennifer,

What a great shower. And I LOVE the name Jillian Kate!

It was all so girly and cute!!!

And the cake was off the chain!!! LOL

BTW I just love your sister. My teased hair is never as perfect as hers!! HA!

Hugs to you! KJ

goodetimegirls.blogspot.com

Lea Liz said...

What an adorable shower!!!!!!!!! They did a great job!!! You got so many pink girly things!! You look great girl, love your dress!!!

Megon said...

What an adorable shower! Your friends need to go into business... precious.

Stacy said...

Wow, what a beautiful and thoughtful shower your precious friends put together for you. Enjoy all that girlie PINK!

After 5 boys and then a little girl, pink has been an new color to adorn our household. We've loved every minute of it.

You look wonderful and so happy.

Jaime said...

What a beautiful shower! You look fabulous. I have been reading your blog for a few months now and just love hearing about your family. Also, I bought some pretzel M&Ms today :) I'm pregnant too so maybe this is a common pregnancy craving!

Ashley said...

Sooo cute! So excited for y'all!

Yycien said...

What a beautiful shower! Seriously, I love EVERYTHING, all the details are simply amazing! Your friends did such a great job, you're so lucky to have them. I am truly impressed. Anyway, you look great. Thanks for sharing! Now, I need to find baby gifts for an upcoming baby shower party of two of my beloved friends. Hope to find a unique one! Wish me luck! :)

Jeremy and Vonda said...

Love your dress, where did you get it? Your girlfriends did an amazing job on your shower. Jillian is a lucky little girl. You look great!!

Sarah said...

That is seriously one of the cutest showers ever! I love it!!!
I'm sure you've been asked this a million times but I'm going to say it anyway. Is Jillian named after Jill?

karamichelle84 said...

I'm doing this same theme! Do you have ANY of it left over by any chance?! :) also you mentioned Ricks.. Do you live in NWA?