Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend Project

This weekend, we finished up cleaning-out and packing-up our guest bedroom/office so that it can soon be turned into a sweet, girly nursery!

There were a few items in that room that I wanted to try and find new uses for in our home instead of packing them away or selling them. These little storage ottomans were the first things I wanted to reuse. I really like them and we have only had them for about a year or so. I knew the fabric on the tops wouldn't match any other rooms in our house, but I thought I could recover them and find a new place to use them.
I found this fabric on sale at Hob Lob on Saturday so I bought a yard of it and decided to give the ottoman's a little makeover. The reason this particular fabric caught my eye was because it matched the armless chair in our living room perfectly!I clearly made this as easy as possible and used hot glue to recover the lids. I feel like you can really do anything with a little hot glue! :)The finished product!
I was really pleased with the way they turned out! I decided to use them as toy storage in our living room. We had been using this basket that I found at TJ Maxx, but I thought these ottomans might make the living room look a little more tidy since the toys would be hidden inside (when Brody doesn't have them out all over the living room)! Ha!

Here is the before...And here is the after...I think they look so much better and they also do a great job holding Brody's toys!
Hope you have a great Tuesday!

22 comments:

Resisting Perfection said...

That's an awesome idea. I never thought of recovering anything with hot glue, that's my kinda thing. They look great.

Lauren Kelly said...

So cute!!!! And love your wedding picture hanging up!!! :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

looks great! and you'd never know it's baby storage! :) we have one of those baskets with the lid. i should cover them like that. it's adorable!

SweetBef said...

a little hot glue ALWAYS does the trick. ;) they look great!

Summer said...

Jennifer,
What a super cute project! I love when you can find fabric that matches something you already have perfectly! They look so good and trendy! LOVE IT and I love that wedding pic so presh!

Can't wait to see what you have decided to decorate your little princess nursery in!

xoxo
Summer :0)

Mary said...

Very pretty! Love this idea of reusing things because you can pick exactly what fabric you like and it saves $$. They look great there.

Karah said...

Love those ottomans. Thats a great idea.

Kati @ "along for the ryde..." said...

Very cute! & they can double as extra chairs when ya'll have people over! Love the wicker ottomans!

Erin said...

Those look great! Our little man just turned 10 months old and we're really starting to have trouble keeping the toys at bay. We have that same Poppin' Pals toy! I need to get on the hunt for some big baskets to control the mess!

The Allens said...

Those look great! I LOVE them!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Looks good! I like it better too. We need a way to hide some toys at our house too.

Crystal said...

Can you please come to NC and help get organized and ready for our sweet girl in October!?! They look great in the living room!

Jilly said...

They also hide the cords to your lamps -- great job!

Amanda M. said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love them. Great job. And I am also a firm believer that many, many things can be accomplished with a little hot glue. I think hot glue is a woman's duct tape. ;)

Lianna Knight said...

So perfect!! I always hate when my cords show, so these two storage units solved that too! Love it!

Laura said...

You did an amazing job!! I'm going in the same blue and white in our bedroom. We're in the process of remodeling our new home and hope to be moved in within about 2 weeks! Love your blog!!

EmmyLou said...

Woo hoo! Looks great! It always feels good to get something (noticeable) accomplished! Hope your week is off to a great start! xo

The Wolff Family said...

Long time reader....first time to post!! I love the change. Did you happen to get those at Target? If so, for some reason the recalled them. Just wanted to let you know in case. I am not sure of the reason. Love reading about your sweet family! I have seen you around NWA and actually in Branson once. You are TALL!!

Rebekah said...

They look great and that is the perfect spot for them! What a great way to store toys!

Katie said...

So cute, Jennifer!

Melissa Miller said...

This looks precious! Love the pretty fabric. :)

The Wife said...

So cute! What a great idea!