Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Yesterday, Brody started his first week of swimming lessons! We are doing the swim babies class so I get to do lessons with him, which is a lot of fun. I taught swimming lessons and was a lifeguard all through college, so I love swimming lessons! :) It's very weird though to be on the other side now. I'm always used to being the teacher and not the parent. I know I could teach Brody everything he is learning this week but I am pretty positive he wouldn't listen to me at this age, plus lessons are so much fun and we want him to experience them.

Here is our big boy before we left the house for lessons. He decided to play peek-a-boo while I was taking pictures of him! This is right before lessons began. We got to our lessons 15 minutes early so we watched the class before us finish. Brody kept asking to get in the water as soon as we got there. He was really excited, although he doesn't look that excited in the picture. Ha! Tired after a fun morning! He did really well yesterday and today. I am so proud of him! We have had sooo much fun!

One funny story, they teach the children the correct way to slide into the pool, which is going down feet first on their bellies. They ask the parents to also get in the pool the same way so that your children see you getting in the correct way. Just imagine me sliding in on my big, pregnant belly. :) His teacher did tell me I could use the ladder to get out since I was pregnant. I took her up on the offer!

20 comments:

The Trendy Family said...

We start swim lessons next week with our little guy! It should be fun!

Jess :) said...

Too CUTE!! I love that little face of his! Glad to hear swimming lessons are going well. Oh, and I'm sure you're about the cutest pregnant mama EVER!! :)

Todd and Courtney said...

So so sweet. Lauren took swimming lessons last summer as a little baby and it was so fun. We should have done it this year too.

Annie said...

Fun! Blake and I did swim lessons in May. He loved it and learned so much!!

Sarah Richey said...

Good job, Brody! I am also a former lifeguard and swimming instructor! I always feel the "instructor" come out in me every time I have my 17 month old daughter in the pool. I've been doing a little with her, but I think lessons would benefit her as well. I may get to class and want to start teaching it though!! HAHA!!

Laurie said...

He is so cute!

The Riedel Family - Confessions of a Marine Wife said...

Is that at the Swim Ranch? My neice and nephew both did their lessons there and I loved going to watch. I wish we lived closer so I could take my boys there. They are awesome! Brody looked super cute in his swim trunks!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Love the swim outfit. I kind of did the "side slide" last year with my pregnant belly. Just a tip--haha.

Rebekah said...

So much fun. I tried to get Cilla into Swim Ranch, but I tried too late. You look so precious. I can't believe how fast the time is flying by. LOVE the shirt, too!

Chea said...

Brody looks so grown up in his swim trunks! Very cute!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

That was kind of the teacher :) Glad he had such a good time! It's great to start them so young so it's natural to them!

Sara said...

How fun! Hope you are staying cool our there - it is HOT!

Betsy said...

Awwww...he is so sweet! I think that is a great idea to do swimming lessons so young! Glad you didn't have to slide in on your tummy! Ha!

The Tesdalls said...

Fun! I love the peek-a-boo picture:)

~Alicia~ said...

That is really sweet! You are brave to get in a swimsuit and in the pool whilst pregnant! That stroy about how to get in the pool was really cute!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

He is seriously so cute!!

Sarah said...

Really? Feet first on their belly? I would have thought that in todays safety-conscious world they'd want the child to see where they're going...as in have them sit on their bottom! I think either way is fun! :)

Krystal said...

Hello!! I'm a new follower to your blog and LOVE it!!!! Well, my sister has followed your blog for a while and she told me about "the poof" video....it took me forever to find it but I got to read all kinds of stuff about Brody (so precious!!) Anyway, I am going to try it! I live in IL and the poof isn't as big here but I'm gonna try it! I love BIG hair and have never really achieved it so hopefully this is gonna do it!! Thanks!!

krystallynn28.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Brody is only the cutest swimmer EVER!! And he’ll be in the Olympics in no time, haha!! :)

陳柏毅 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................