Sunday, July 11, 2010

She said, "YES!!!!"

Last night, my sister got engaged! We are so excited for Brandon and Jill! I thought I would share the story from their exciting night!Brandon and Jill had planned to go eat dinner in Rogers when Jill got off work yesterday. When they started heading towards the restaurant, Chris, who is on our church staff, called Brandon and told him that he was at our church's north campus and needed help shooting a video for church service Sunday. He asked if Brandon could stop by for a couple of minutes to help. Since the church was very close to where they were eating, they planned to make a quick stop to "help."

Jill had called me a little earlier that evening to see if Josh, Brody and I wanted to meet them for dinner. We said yes. Once Jill found out they needed to run by the church, she called to tell me they were going to be a little late to eat. I told her it was no problem at all because the wait at the restaurant was 25-3o minutes. Little did she know I was not at the restaurant talking to her, I was actually standing inside the church with our family waiting on them to arrive! Brandon had planned to propose outside the church at the foot of the crosses so we were all able to watch from inside in the choir loft. The windows are tinted from the outside so there was no way for Jill to see us, even though we could see them.

Brandon walked Jill down to the crosses and Jill soon found out and that they were not at church to meet Chris. Here is the video of the proposal. Sorry for the sniffing and the constant shaking. I was so dang nervous!! Haha!

I was so relieved the first surprise of the night was over! I had been so anxious about it for 2 weeks. Jill said she had absolutely no idea anything was going on until they got down to the crosses and realized Chris was not there. Excited sisters! Jill was telling us her version of the story. She was so funny and so excited! Josh and Chris were back on their iPhones as soon as the proposal was over!

After a few minutes inside, we headed back outside to take some pictures at the base of the crosses. These crosses are huge and are so beautiful! Here is the few from underneath them. The weather was perfect that evening which we were thrilled about since it had been cloudy and raining all week long. The happy couple!
A bug was stuck in her poof! No joke! Our family! We have gone from 4 to 8 in less than 3 years! I love that it keeps getting bigger! Brandon, Jill and Brandon's parents. They are soooo sweet!
Chris, Melissa and Caedmon with Jill and Brandon.
Jill and Brandon actually met at a singles' retreat/event that Chris put together when he was the singles' pastor at the time. They also go to Bible study each week at Chris and Melissa's house. They have been such wonderful friends to Jill and Brandon.
All of our families visiting outside. Brandon's sister,Natalie, is the one to the left. She is having their second child, a sweet boy, on Friday! Jill and Brandon will be very busy with 3 nephews and 1 niece!
The beautiful ring! It was a total surprise. Brandon picked it out by himself and she seriously had no idea it was coming!
Brody with his aunt! We stayed and visited at church a while and then slowly everyone started to leave to go different places...or at least that is what we told Jill. We actually all headed to Danielle and Adam's house to join some of their friends who were waiting to pull off the next surprise, which was an engagement party! Jill thought she and Brandon were going over to show Danielle and Adam the ring.

Here is a video of them getting to the house. Jill was so clueless again. We had all hidden our cars so she had no idea anyone was there besides Danielle and Adam. There were actually 25 of us there to surprise her!

We had a cute engagement cake made for the party!
I loved the engagement ring on top! My mom picked this out and I thought it was perfect! We also had sandwiches, chips and dips. Jill, Julie and Danielle. Jill had been texting Julie and had no idea she already knew and was waiting on her at the party!
Julee, Jill and me.
I knew about the engagement 10 days before I was finally given the ok from Brandon to tell Julee. It was the longest 10 days! Then, Julee and I could hardly talk to Jill all of this week because we thought we would slip-up about something, but we made it without her ever knowing a single detail!
Jill was so cute showing off her ring in pictures!
Reading a card from my parents. They got them a wedding planning book. I know Brandon cannot wait to read it! Ha! Congratulations, Jill and Brandon!
We are sooooo excited for you and so thankful that God put you two together!

68 comments:

Kimberly said...

oh that was so nice!! I love that he proposed and you could all watch! and the best..the surprise engagement party!!! What a great night!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, what an amazing night! Congratulations to your sister :-)

Lianna Knight said...

WOW!! I cried and cried and cried over BOTH videos :) Congrats...how exciting!!!!

All Things Brooks said...

Congratulations to all! I loved the videos! What a nice thing to have :)

An Officer and a Girlfriend said...

Congrats to your sister! I totally teared up with both videos! Makes me look forward to my engagement someday! God is so good!

Brittany said...

Aw! What an amazing night for Jill, Brandon and your family. I can't believe all the thought that went into planning the engagement on Brandon's part. What a beautiful couple. Congrats to them! LOVE the video!

Mary said...

So precious! The video is priceless and I love that you're so emotional-y'all are a sweet family!

Gauger Family said...

That was the sweetest thing I've ever seen!

The Titsworth Family said...

Thank you for sharing that special moment with us! I don't even know you girls and I was so nervous and crying! Congrats to your sister!!

Bonnie said...

That is so sweet! I loved both of the videos & its so cool that you have how he proposed documented like that. Jill will always have that & will be able to show it to her kids someday. I love it!

Shanna said...

This is too sweet! So happy for Jill!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Congratulations to her, what an exciting time to come!

krislyn. said...

Such an incredible night, thank you for sharing Jill and Brandon's engagement story! You all did such a wonderful job at making that day so special. Jill was glowing in all those pictures.

Now onto the wedding planning you go! =)

Amanda M. said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! What a super beautiful story! Huge congrats to Jill & Brandon!

Summer said...

Congrats Jill and Brandon! What an amazing and beautiful engagement story! Jennifer you totally had me tearing up when I watched that video you were filming 'cause you can tell how much you love your sister and you were so happy you were crying and shaking....

I loved how he proposed at the crosses and she was so cute and just kept hugging him....

I loved how ya'll suprised her again with the engagement party....

What a great story....thanks for sharing

and LOL at the pic where he is trying to get the bug out of her poof.....she is adorable

xoxo
Summer

Shauna Mama said...

I loved this! Thanks so much for sharing. I don't even know you guys, though I feel like I do, and I was crying for her! Congratulations to Jill, and the rest of your family!!

Mallory said...

Congrats to Jill and Brandon! That's a great proposal story! And major kudos to you for keeping the secret!! I doubt I would ever be able to do that! :)

Erin said...

Oh Me Goodness this was so cute. I have tears in my eyes and was clapping and bouncing in my chair. She is so cute and I am so glad she found such a wonderful man! Can't wait to hear about all the planning!

TELL HER CONGRATS!

Does she have a blog? This would be a wonderful time to start it!

Michelle said...

Seriously, CUTEST THING EVER! I cried and don't even know y'all! Congrats to the precious couple!

Christa said...

CONGRATS to your sister! Loved the videos....so glad y'all were able to capture those moments. How exciting! I don't even now y'all and I cried too! Congrats again to your sister and her fiance!

Carrie said...

I follow you on twitter and was excited last night when I found out about your sister. I was in the check out line at wal mart this morning and I started reading this blog post and I started to cry so I had to stop reading and finish in the car! Pathetic (I know!). For the most part I think I got all emotional because there is so much love between your family and friends, truly the epitome of southern hospitality. Congratulations to you and your growing family.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

hee hee! what great surprises! so happy for jill. thanks for posting the videos. i know she will LOVE having those to show her kids someday. love it!

Erin @ Sassin' Southern Style said...

How fabulous they are for each other. What a sweetie Brandon is! Congratulations, Jill and Brandon! =)

Beth Ann said...

Oh Jennifer- those videos are priceless! I got a lump in my throat and was nervous watching... like I didn't know how it was gonna end :) Haha! So so sweet! Congrats to them!!

Alex and Jill said...

What a special night!! I love that you have it on video and your hands shaking made me LOL. The video made me cry though...so sweet that he proposed at their church.

Congrats to Jill & Brandon!!

Sara said...

What a special night for them! I thought it was so sweet that both families were included for the special occasion.

Let the wedding planning begin!

Leza said...

Wow that's amazing. Your sister is going to cherish these videos forever.What a sweet moment. He picked the best spot too. Congratulations to Jill!

Sarah Wyland said...

Oh congratulations to Jill! I got all teary-eyed reading this. I love weddings!

Cherry said...

Man alive I got chills watching that and I dno't even know ya'll!!!

Meg said...

AW! I teared up through this whole post and I don't even know her! ;) She needs to keep a blog now of all her wedding planning/details!! ;) Such a sweet night, congrats to all of you!!

Lauren Kelly said...

What an incredible night for Jill and your whole family!!! So exciting and so happy for her. The night could not have been any more perfect!!! :)

Julee Turner said...

Love the videos! What a special day and I am so glad I could be apart of it!

. said...

How wonderful! Congrats to them:) So happy god put them together and for allow me to find your blog. Blessing to you all.

Meg said...

By the way, your church grounds are just gorgeous! Wish I lived closer, I would love to visit that church!

Kelly said...

This made me cry and cry!!! Brandon did GOOD!!!! On everything! I'm soooo happy for Jill!!!1
And I love that ya'll videoed all of this - she will love having it!
SO SWEET!

Betsy said...

What a sweet, sweet video!! I just loved it. That was a PERFECT engagement night. She will never forget it!! I am so excited for your whole family. Happy times!!

Natalie said...

How wonderful!! I cried and cried watching the videos! Congratulations to your sweet sister!

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for your sister! Now, Jill is going to have to keep up with her blog and keep us all updated on the wedding planning!!

Steph from tx

Leslie Duffield said...

How sweet is this!! I'm so happy for them :) I loved the videos Jen! Yay for a special night for her!

Sonya said...

What a great engagement! So exciting for your sister! I loved the videos! They made me tear up just watching them! I think the video of the engagement would be fun to watch with Jill narrating it!

Meet the Brummett's said...

How exciting! This post was so happy and had me teared up a little as well! lol So happy for your sister and can't wait to see that wedding day poof!!!

ty said...

This is tooooo cute!! She's so lucky you were there to document everything!

Mallory said...

How EXCITING!!! I'm so happy for them. I wondered when it was going to happen after seeing them in so many of your pictures. Gorgeous ring & couple! Glad has truly blessed them, have the wedding book she got...it was helpful! Enjoy the planning, Matron of Honor!

Cindy said...

I love this!! Congrats to your sister!!!

Katie said...

CONGRATS, Jill! I'm so happy for you. ; ) What a beautiful couple.

Ben and Emily said...

How exciting!! Congratulations Jill!

A Wedding Story said...

So happy for Jill!!! What a fantastic story!

oliviasmommy07 said...

So awesome! I sat and cried and cried over both videos! I know you are so excited. I love how close y'all are! I hope to have another girl someday so Olivia can have a best friend like that!

Laura said...

What a wonderful sister you are! Can you be mine since I don't have one? LOL! I LOVE that you got everything on video! You are going to make an AMAZING matron-of-honor/bridesmaid! Congrats to Jill and Brandon!

Brown Girl said...

That is so fun, congratulations to both of them! What an exciting time. wedding planning is the pits...I mean so fun...haha!

John T. and Jessica said...

How precious! You did a fabulous job of capturing every exciting moment...and you had me crying! I love you blog, Jennifer! :o)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

AAAAAHHHHH!!! I am SOOOOO happy for Jill and Brandon!!!!! How neat that you got to watch the whole thing...she is going to love having that video and those pictures. I remember the day after we got engaged...Jill must be on cloud nine!

Anna said...

Congrats to your sister!!! That is so sweet and wonderful that you got it all on video. I actually went to high school with Brandon's sister and their family is wonderful!!! Small world! :)

SweetBef said...

what a sweet post! love it all! congratulations to your beautiful sister and future brother-in-law!

Kyndal said...

Congratulations to Jill! What a memorable night, and how special that both families were able to be there to share in their joy! Loved all the pics and video!

Haley said...

I just love engagements. I cried my eyes out watching the videos you took LOL! Love your dress by the way! Congrats on your little girl and Brody is the cutest :)

Faith said...

SO fun!!! I'm so happy for Jill and your sweet family. The pics and video are just pricless. Her ring is so gorgeous, too.

Let the wedding planning begin!!!

Kathy said...

That was so sweet and I love that Brandon included the whole family. And the surprise party was also great.

Congratulation Brandon and Jill. I wish you many years of marital bliss!!!

Traci said...

Congratulations to you all! What an exciting time.

Sarah said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is so exciting! I was almost crying watching that video! The funny thing is that when I was looking at your 4th of July pictures, I was wondering if they were going to get engaged(because that's just the kind of girl I am.I love cute couples and weddings!) :)
Congratulations to you too,sister of the bride! :)

Lauren said...

How sweet!?! I was tearing up during both videos! Looks like your sister has an amazing man! He did so good with the ring and all of the details! Congrats and best wishes to them!

Holly said...

Congratulations to your sister! That second video is hilarious!

舜佳 said...

脾氣與嘴巴不好,就算心地再好,也不算好人~~~..................................................

Kara said...

OH that was so sweet! I just literally teared up watching those videos...she has a good man for sure! So happy for them! Thanks for sharing!

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

This is so sweet!!! Congratulations to your sister!

Randee said...

congradulations Mr. Brandon and Miss. Jill on your engagement. I am so thrilled for you guys. Love , Randee from TX

Shannon said...

aww..congrats to your sister! What a small world it is. I actually grew up with Danielle (in your pics from the engagement party) in SC. Her younger sister, Diana, was one of my best friends! You are going to have so much fun helping your sister plan the wedding!

caknitter said...

Congratulations to the Jill aka the "How to make a poof" video girl!
Many happy years of wedded bliss to both of you. :-)