Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our Weekend

We had a fun weekend, but I'm not sure how it went by so quickly! I always feel that way on Sunday evenings.

Saturday morning, we got up and went to the farmer's market. I love the farmer's market in our town. It's really big and there are always tons of people. I love people watching while we are there! It's my favorite thing about going! Brody looks really happy about being there but I promise he had fun! There were so many dogs for him to see so that kept him very happy!
Getting tickled by daddy!

We bought a lot of vegetables while we were there. I plan on totally depleting them of their nutritional value this week by frying them. Ha!

Once we got home, Josh and Brody changed clothes and headed to swim with some friends from church. (Josh had Julee buzz his hair this week when he went to get it cut!) They had a great time swimming and were both exhausted by the time they got home!

While they were swimming, I met up with my friends, Hillary, Amanda, Kelly and Harper for a girls' lunch. Hillary was in town visiting friends so we planned lunch before she headed back home. I had not seen Hillary or Amanda since we all went to Atlanta in April. It was sooo good get to see them and visit for a little while. All of these girls make me laugh so hard! They are seriously some of the funniest and sweetest people I know! (Laurie we missed you!) After lunch, I went to Target with my mom and then we went to get pedicures. I headed back home and ate dinner with the boys. I went to bed a little early because I was exhausted! I'm definitely feeling very pregnant these days! :)

We went to church this morning and on the way out, I stopped by the bookstore in our church and bought this Bible study. I have been wanting to do it for a while. Ruth is one of my favorite books in the Bible so I'm looking forward to this study. I know it's the summer study on Beth Moore's blog right now so I figured several of you had started it recently. If you have, let me know what you think about it! Hope you all had a great weekend!

19 comments:

Morgan Paige said...

Yall are so precious! Can't wait to hear how the book is!

Rachel said...

Kelly Minter, the author of Ruth, is an older sister of a friend of mine from college! He married one of my best friends from college. I knew she was an author, but didn't know her books were being published and in big stores. Very cool :)

Glad you guys had a nice weekend!

Angie S said...

I love farmers markets too...they are so fun and I love eating the fresh food the most!

Your comment about frying the veggies made me totally crack up laughing!

Have a great week!

Traci said...

I LOVE fried veggies too! I wonder if that's another southern thing??

Erin said...

I love farmers market and never get to go to them enough.

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Karen said...

Sounds like such a great weekend! I just love Farmer's Markets in the Summer.

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Target and a pedicure - sounds like a perfect combination! I've been wanting to try one of our local farmer's market and that Bible study looks good. I'll have to check it out!

Laurie said...

I was sooo sad not to be with ya'll! You look soo stinkin cute!

PHARES CAUSEY said...

I consider Fayetteville my "home" and I LOVE their farmer's market! I may skip out on OKC's one weekend just to go to the square! Is Arsagas still off the square by the peace ball?!

Christy said...

I just bought this this past week to begin as well.I have heard many great things about it. :)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Girl! You say you are feeling very pregnant but you hardly even look pregnant in some of these pictures! I hope the bible study is a good one for you.

momMYsliceoflife said...

I can tell your a good Southern Girl... frying those vegies! :) I love fried Okra most! Your such a cute little pregnant lady!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

We went to the farmer's market last weekend and Lilly and Reid were totally excited about all of the dogs there!! I think they would have been happy hanging out all day. Glad you guys had a good weekend!

The Williams' said...

Brody is getting so big and absolutly precious!!! Congrats on baby Jillian too!!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

Let us know if that study is good! It looks interesting! Oh and I have to tell you again that you are one of the cutest pregnant people!!

The Allens said...

Great weekend! I have not done Ruth, but heard awesome things about it. It is the favorite for a lot of my friends.

And frying vegetables absolutely does not deplete their nutritional value. I say, a serving of veggies is a serving of veggies no matter how I prepare it!

Brittany said...

Looks like you have a huge farmers market! That is awesome! I just love Brody's spiky hair. He is too cute!

Superchikk said...

I had seen that on the LPM Blog and thought about doing it with them and I didn't get to it in time. I would really like to do it! I didn't know it was at our bookstore - I'll have to go get it!

Fran said...

Getting caught up on your blog and let me just say I did Ruth in the Spring and now again on the LPL blog. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!