Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Fun

Last night, we attended our church's annual fireworks celebration! We had a wonderful time!
The 3 of us in our red, white and blue. They estimated that there were 6,000 people there last night! Thankfully, the church is on a huge area of land so there was plenty of room for everyone. We spent the evening with my parents, my sister, her boyfriend, Brandon, and Brandon's parents. We all brought food and had a little picnic before the fireworks. We had grilled hot dogs, chips, dips, cookies, watermelon, flag cake and drinks. It was all so good! Josh, Brandon and Mike eating and visiting. Big Daddy, Brody and BrandonBrody loved sticking his hands in the ice chest to feel the ice. He also made a little game out of throwing the ice. I thought he looked sweet in his red and blue!My two cuties!Jill cutting the flag cookie cake she made! It was so good!Jill and BrandonJill and I before the fireworks began.Brody wasn't too sure about the fireworks when they started! He kept saying, "Noise! Noise!" I guess they were a little loud for him. He would get scared and run from my dad, to me, back to my dad and to my mom. By the end, he was starting to like them. He clapped and cheered when they were finished! Brody said something funny last night that I didn't want to forget. He threw a few good fits while we were there last night. It's just part of his age and just the phase we are in right now. One fit was pretty big, so Josh and I both squatted down to talk to him. During our talk, Josh popped Brody on the leg. As soon as Josh popped him, I asked Brody what he needed to say, trying to prompt him to say he was sorry for his behavior. Instead, Brody looked at us and said, "Thank you!" and smiled. We both busted out laughing! That boy keeps us laughing and keeps us on our toes! :)

I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating as well!

16 comments:

Kelly said...

1. Ya'll are so cute in your red,white & blue
2. Jill is SO cute in that romper - I wish I could pull that off.
3. SO glad to hear Brody is throwing fits too. This is a hard age. Spankings are not working for us so far. Not much is.
4. That Brody cracks me up!

Lianna Knight said...

You have such an adorable family!! Love how you guys each wore red, white, and blue :)

Precious!!!

Sarah said...

Looks like a great weekend!! That's so cute that Brody said thank you after being popped! When Ava gets in trouble (which is A LOT right now), after time out we talk to her and then ask her to say sorry. Sometimes I ask, "What do you say?" and she says pwease? instead of sorry! They're so cute at this age! :)

A Wedding Story said...

What a fun 4th Jennifer! Jill's hair is still rocking with that pouf. I try to emulate but will never compare to her poufing ability. I may need to watch the video again :)

Lauren Kelly said...

Ya'll are just the most adorable family and that Brody cracks me up!!

You are your sister are too cute!!

Great pics! Looks like a fabulous 4th!! :)

Hattie said...

You have such a beautiful family! Love the red, white & blue and all the pics! Looks and sounds like y'all had a great time. Brody is stinkin' cute!

Rebekah said...

I am glad we are not the only ones with a one year old throwing multiple fits each day!!! Such a cute story. I hope they really are thanking us one day for continually discipling them! It is out of love. I think I saw Josh Sunday walking into the children's building at church! I would have said something to him, but I didn't realize who he was until I had passed him!!! If he is anything like Flint, it would freak him out that somebody recognized him from our blog!!!!

Kati @ "along for the ryde..." said...

I understand the whole "laughing when your need to be serious" thing! I had to do that today to my little man after he dumped his food all over the floor...he was so proud of himself and it just made me laugh, but I needed to be serious to get on to him at the same time!

BOYS will be BOYS! :P

Christa said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful 4th! Love that cake your sister made....cute!!! Brody is too funny!!!

insteadofthedishes said...

Hi. Just stopping by to invite you over to the Arkansas Women Bloggers site. We'd love to have you link up with us!

http://arkansaswomenbloggers.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Fawn

The Riedel Family said...

You all are adorable in the r,w,&b theme! Thompson, my oldest will be 3 at the end of Sept. and we have seriously been dealing with fits and attitudes since Brody's age. It's terrible. We have done EVERYTHING and the funny thing is that timeouts are the one thing that really bothers him the most. Crazy! And the thank you was cute too!

FROM MARRIAGE TO MOTHERHOOD said...

Your little boy is so cute! Your little girl is no doubt going to be a beauty!

Jenn said...

Great pictures! Ya'll look so cute in your 4th attire ;) Wow, 6000 people?! That's crazy! How was the traffic getting out? LOL! I'm sure it was worth seeing the fireworks being shown above those crosses!

Kristi (Turley) Jackson said...

Your little discipline story cracked me up! Aaaah...the joys our children bring to our lives, even when they are in trouble!

Erin said...

super cute pictures. He looks so cute in his red and blue!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

How fun! This is such a great way to reach out to the community. Ya'll look super cute in your red, white, and blue. And I love your HUGE red ring!