Tuesday, July 13, 2010

29 Weeks

Brody walked over and just stood while Josh took my picture. I thought it was so sweet!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:
29 Weeks
Size of baby: 15 inches long and weighs 2.5 lbs. Jillian is the size of a butternut squash!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 17lbs
Maternity Clothes: I am mainly wearing maternity clothes except for dresses.
Gender: Girl!
Movement: Yes! She is moving all the time!
Sleep: I have been getting between 4-5 hours a night. I guess my body is getting ready to be sleep deprived with a newborn! :)
Symptoms: Crazy dreams, heartburn and reflux, hot flashes.:)
What I miss: I don't miss a thing except for being able to stay cool and being able to shave my legs easily! Ha!
Cravings: Food! :)
Best Moment this week: Brody tried to feed a cracker to my belly and said, "Eat sissy!"
What I am looking forward to: Hanging out with Brody while it's still just the 2 of us during the day!

And because I always tell you I have crazy dreams, I thought I would share just a few from this past week so that you understand why I am always talking them.
  • I dreamed Josh left me at a gas station while he went to a doctor's appointment.
  • I dreamed my mom, my sister and I were staring in an action movie and Justin Bartha was in the movie with us. The 4 of us were in a car shooting a scene for the movie and there was this really muscular guy chasing us in another car. We thought it was part of the script but then we stopped the car and he pulled Justin Bartha out and started to bench press him in the air. It turned out to be some crazy fan that got onto the movie set.
  • I dreamed a friend of mine was having a baby and refused to buy a baby crib. She said babies didn't need cribs and that her baby would be in a regular bed by 3 months old.
  • I dreamed that I heard fire trucks and they kept getting closer and closer to our house. When I looked outside I saw them in the subdivision across from ours. When I looked up in the sky I saw an airplane with a helicopter hanging from it. It kept getting lower and lower and it crashed into a house in that subdivision. The firetrucks were there to put out the fire.
  • I dreamed one of my high school friend's cat died.
  • I dreamed Josh sold steroids and there were bodybuilders chasing us with guns trying to get the steroids from him.

These dreams started the week before I found out I was pregnant (at 3 weeks). There has not been a single night the entire pregnancy that I haven't had a crazy dream. I usually have 2-3 a night, which is part of the reason I sleep so badly. I'm stressed out in my sleep all night long!! :)

18 comments:

Christa said...

Love your baby bump! Man...those are some CRAZY dreams!

Linds said...

those dreams are hilarious! my pregnancy dreams are so scary right now. I dreamed my son drowned in a huge pool the other night, and then two nights ago I dreamed that when we went to our 20 week ultrasound, they told me I was pregnant with twins, and that two of them had horrible cleft pallets.

Linds said...

sorry, I meant triplets.

The Ballantynes said...

Great that you documented your dreams I wish I had done that. When I was pregnant, I once had a dream that I left Cohen on the photo lab counter at Walgreens when he was two days old and told him I'd be right back while I "browsed around". HA!
I also had a dream that the doctor pulled him out, put glasses on him, and put him back.
Oh man, what these little angels do to us! Very excited for you!

Lisa said...

You look adorable Jennifer! I can't believe you are 29 weeks already. Didn't we just have Keegan and Brody like yesterday??

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Now I know what you're talking about...those are some crazy dreams!

Erin said...

love that he went and stood by you. I also had crazy dreams while I was pregnant. Really crazy. I still have some now but not nearly as much, I did not have them between Alex and Avin but I had them with Avin

Fun that you documented them :)

Brittany said...

aw, Brody is so sweet! Your dreams made me laugh! Before my friend had her baby I had a dream that he was born with a full set of teeth. It was scary! That definitely doesn't top all of yours though!

Lauren Kelly said...

You look fantastic!! Your pregnancy is flying!! And seriously, those are some CRAZY dreams! How do you remember them all? Ha!!

The Byrds said...

What a cute picture! Those are some crazy dreams! I had very strange ones too! A couple that I remember where one where I gave birth to a horse in the bathtub & then rode it around. (WEIRD!!!!) And another where someone knocked on our window & dropped off our baby & when we looked at it, it was a Golden Retriever puppy wearing a onesie lol and we said "It's a boy!" (LOL What in the world right?!)

Mrs. Hesson said...

Poor thing! I feel like I sleep terrible when I have crazy dreams :( And did you get your hair cut? It looks adorable.

Karah said...

Your little bump is so cute. Did you cut your hair? It looks really good.

The Neffs said...

You look beautiful! You are such a cute Preggo Mama. I am so happy for you that you will have your handsome boy and sweet girl!! What could be better?

Cara Beth said...

Lookin' good, girlie! :)

The Allens said...

The dreams are funny, but it's awful that you aren't getting sleep.

PJ Heavner said...

Jennifer,

I am not pregnant (nor have I ever been!). But sometimes I go weeks where I have bad dreams every night, and then I started praying every night, as I'm falling asleep, and asking God for no bad dreams so I can have a good night's sleep, and it works! I don't dream at all, and I wake up feeling so relaxed.

I'm sure you may have already tried this, but it's worth a shot!

Amy said...

those are some crazy dreams! when i was pregnant with our little girl i had the EXACT same problem! my crazy dreams started the week before i found out i was pregnant and lasted my entire pregnancy. i know just what you mean about being stressed in your sleep. i would wake up exhausted from all of my dreams - ha! my dr. said it just goes to show you that "girls are drama from the very beginning" and true enough, i know have myself a bona fide drama queen :)

Amy said...

I just came across your blog. I'm 25 weeks. I have been having the crazy dreams as well. I can totally understand why you aren't sleeping. It's crazy. I enjoyed reading your blog.