Tuesday, July 6, 2010

28 Weeks and Updates


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 28 Weeks
Size of baby: 14.8 inches long and weighs 2.25 lbs. Jillian is the size of a head cabbage!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 17lbs
Maternity Clothes: I am mainly wearing maternity clothes except for dresses.
Gender: Girl!
Movement: Yes! She is moving a lot. We can see her move and kick, which is so much fun!
Sleep: I am sleeping so much better. I still wake-up once or twice a night but that is usually to go to the bathroom.
Symptoms: Crazy dreams, heartburn and reflux (not too bad though), hot flashes and I still get sick about once every week or so.
What I miss: I don't miss a thing except for being able to stay cool. Josh's misses me being able to stay cool, too. He told me he is always freezing in our house and I think it's always hot in our house. I was sweating so badly the other night and he was under a heavy blanket on the couch and was still cold! Ha! He has also been having to sleep in sweat pants and it's July!!!
Cravings: Cold food!
Best Moment this week: Our doctor's appointment and hearing Jillian's heartbeat!
What I am looking forward to: A fun week with Brody!

Doctor's appointment update...
I went to the doctor last Wednesday and everything looks great! We are very thankful! I am measuring about 10 days to 14 days ahead still. Jillian was measuring 10 days ahead on my ultrasound at my last appointment so it's not really a surprise to me that I was a little bigger than I should be at this point. We will schedule the date for my c-section at my next appointment in 4 weeks. I have to have a c-section again this time because I ended up having one with Brody after some complications during labor.

Nursery Update...
The fabric swatches came in last week for the bedding. I love them! I had about 10 swatches of fabric to chose from so several of my sweet friends helped me decide on the bedding combination at a dinner the past weekend. Thanks, girls! ;) These are the 3 we are using on the bedding. I plan on ordering it in the next couple of days. I can't wait to see it!

Josh put the crib together in Jillian's room this weekend! He said it was the easiest crib he has put together and since it was the 3rd crib he has put together in 2 years, I feel like it must have been very easy. Brody's 1st crib was a sleigh crib and had a lot of parts. That crib was recalled this spring so we got Brody a new sleigh crib that also had a lot of parts. Jillian's crib is so basic and modern that it went together much easier than the other two!

Brody watching Josh put the crib together Monday afternoon. We had to baby gate him out of the room for safety. When we asked Brody whose bed daddy was putting together he would smile and say, "Brobee's!" Haha! Bless his sweet heart.
He stood at the door the entire time Josh worked. He could not figure out what was going on! :)The finished crib! We are keeping the walls in that room the color that they are already painted. We went back and forth about painting them but in the end, I decided this color looked best with the fabric and the furniture. I really like the wall color. We had most of the house painted in this color before we bought it. It's Sherwin Williams Blonde so it's fairly neutral with a little yellow/gold so it matches the fabric really well.

I think you are all caught-up on news about our sweet girl!

25 comments:

Shelby said...

I love the nursery colors you have chosen.. too cute!

Christa said...

You look great! Love the nursery colors and the wall color! The wall color is similar to what I have in my living room!

Amy said...

too cute! can't wait to see the finished bedding...the swatches are adorable! hate to be a "debby downer" BUT....i was ALWAYS so hot while i was pregnant and it didn't go away after i gave birth! just last night my hubs was sleeping in sweatpants, socks, and a long sleeve shirt....and i was sweating! hahaha! maybe once i stop nursing i will go back to a normal body temp??
i hope...otherwise our ac bill is going to stay out of control!!

Lea Liz said...

You look great girl!! So glad everything is going well!

I love the fabric swatches you all picked out and I love the crib!!

Erin said...

love love love the fabric you have picked out!

Summer said...

Eeeek I am so glad you gave us a sneak peak on the nursery! Love the fabric super trendy and super cute!! The wall color is fab love it...oh and that bed eeeeeeek love it to LOL....

You look amazing
xoxo
Summer ;0)

Lianna Knight said...

So cute! I LOVE the fabric choices and I agree...the wall color is perfect:)

Camille said...

First time Josh has worn a shirt while putting together furniture!!! (at least that we have seen) Is he gaining sympathy weight? Just kidding!

You all look great!

Jess :) said...

So cute!!! Just wondering though...where exactly are those 17lbs. HIDING?!?! ;) You are so stinkin' adorable and by NO means does it look like you've gained 17 lbs.

I think Jillian's fabric will look WONDERFUL in her room with the wall color. PERFECT! :) And the crib is awesome. Love it!

Amanda said...

So cute, love the fabric! Can I ask where you are ordering the bedding from, I love it!

Ben and Emily said...

Love the crib and your fabric swatches! You look wonderful!!

Lauren Kelly said...

Seriously, you are just adorable and looking fabulous!!!

Jillian's room is going to look so adorable!! I can already tell :)

Jessica said...

How fun! Decorating is the best!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

The colors and patterns of those fabrics are fabulous! Can't wait to see Jillian's nursery all finished! Sadly I am still working on ours...it isn't easy after the baby comes to get it all done. :) You look great in this 28 week picture!

Reese Ray said...

You look so cute!! I love the fabrics. Jillian's room is going to look so good. I cant wait to see pictures of the bedding. The walls in Weston's room were already a similar color as that so we just kept them that way too. Its so much easier! And that color can go with so much!

Faith said...

You look so fab, girl! I'm loving everything you've chosen for Jillian's nursery. Can't wait to see it all come together and see that sweet girl in it!

5th Belle Avenue said...

You look ADORABLE! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!

La Dolce Vita said...

Hey Jennifer, came across your blog from Kellys Korner. Your little Brody is so cute - my husband (and his dad + granddad) have the name Joshua and we've always loved that name...Joshua Brody, so that caught my eye. Also those fabric swatches are adorable...and the crib! She's going to have the cutest little nursery. Congrats and best wishes on the rest of your pregnancy.
-Sandi from SC

Hattie said...

You look sooooo cute pregnant! Love the fabrics y'all picked out. I can't wait to the room all together.

nicole@http://theclarks-nicole.blogspot.com/ said...

You look great. I awill be 28 weeks on Thursday. I am also having a girl,but this one is y third.

Emily said...

I love your fabric you picked out!! Where did you order it from? Im having my aunt make some dresses for cate and can never find good coordinating fabrics at JoAnns fabric here...
U are adorable as ever at 28 weeks:) Love following along:)

Sarah said...

I had to stop lurking to tell you I have painted nearly my entire house in Sherwin Williama Blonde! It is the perfect color!!!
Also, I LOVE your crib.

Natalie said...

Love the fabric for the nursery, and can't wait to see the finished product. I also love the wall color. We have our master bedroom painted the same exact color...SW Blonde!

Karen said...

I LOVE SW Blonde. I plan on painting our powder room that color. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Rebekah said...

I can't wait to see the finished nursery. I love the fabric. I love the modern crib, too. I wish I were bold enough to try something fun like that, especially in a nursery. I am just too traditional.