Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend!

Friday night, I dropped Brody off at FNO and then picked-up Jason's Deli for Josh and myself. We decided to have a home date that night so we met back at the house to eat dinner and watch "Did You Hear About The Morgan's?" The movie was cute! We enjoyed our night at home together relaxing after a crazy week!

Saturday, we slept-in (8:30) and then hung around the house and played that morning. I had planned to go shopping and run errands with my mom that afternoon . Josh decided he and Brody wanted to go with us, so we all went to the mall! We had a lot of fun shopping. Brody had a blast playing at the fountain...or as he calls it, the bath! Haha! He pretty much emptied out all of the change from my mom's purse to throw in the fountain!
Mom had a gift she needed to buy and I stopped and got a few "stretchy" things for my wardrobe! :) Sunday, we had an early Father's Day lunch at my house for my dad since we will be with Josh's family on Father's Day. Jill and I cooked lunch after church.


Jill likes to pretend she is on the Food Network when she cooks. :)
We had grilled chicken with corn and black bean salsa, roasted peppers and onions and a wedge salad (which I had with a lot of salsa ranch dressing! Ha!) The top of the salad has chili lime tortilla strips. They had a little a little kick to them, but Brody LOVED them. He loves spicy food!!
Eating lunch...he looks thrilled!Josh made homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert! It was so good. Jill emailed me the recipe this weekend so we decided today would be a great day to try it out.After eating my weight in this salsa I made, I had the WORST heartburn! There were chopped jalapenos in the salsa and they about caused me to breathe fire!
Josh made fun of me for drinking this but I was desperate for relief. Absolutely nothing helps me with heartburn when I'm pregnant but I would give this a try anyway! Ha! It didn't work and I still had heartburn 6-7 hours later. :)

We have a fun, busy week ahead so I'm about to start tackling my to-do list!

Hope y'all had a great weekend as well!

24 comments:

Erin said...

some of your pictures werent working! What type of dressing was that and how do you make it or did you just buy it? Looks like a yummy plate of food!

Laura Ann said...

Poor thing, I am hoping the heartburn got better for you.

I am loving the puppy Potty, Emma would have loved that.

Heather said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! We were in NW Arkansas this weekend and I went to Forever 21, too!!! That would have been so fun to see you! :)

Sarah said...

I had horrible heartburn when I was pregnant with Ava. Mine would last for hours - even water gave me heartburn - i totally feel your pain! Hope it has gotten better!

Busy Mummy said...

Awesome food! I am a new reader, am following.

Lauren Kelly said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend... Well, minus the heartburn, ha!

Kelly said...

I'm laughing about Jill on the food network - she is so cute!
And I'm not laughing about your heartburn - that was the WORST part of pregnancy. I ate so many tums and drank so much mylanta - yuck!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! I drink Pepto like you drink Mylanta. Just give me a straw and the pink bottle and I can go to town. Hope it wasn't too bad. :)

Jill said...

A peppermint or chewing gum helps with heartburn! You might give it a try. :)

Cassie said...

I didn't get heartburn when I was pragnant but I am know that is is no fun. Your lunch looks very good. Do you mind to post the recipes? Thanks!!

Kristen and Andy said...

All that food looks delicious! The date night at home sounds wonderful - sometimes you don't even have to go anywhere to have a nice evening. Sorry to hear about the heartburn - I had it both pregnancies and it was miserable. First pregnancy choc milk or milkshakes were my miracle cure...2nd pregnancy it was junior mint chocolates....the joys of pregnancy!

Dale Budd said...

Your meal looked delicious, and the homemade vanilla ice cream was a perfect ending! Sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend. I am sure you will look adorable in whatever you bought. Your sister is so cute also. I bet the two of you have a blast together. Have a good week, and I hope that heartburn is gone, it is so miserable!

Hugs!
A Mom-Mom in NJ

Betsy said...

Bless your heart! I'm sorry about all the heartburn. No fun!!

All that food looks so yummy though! Sounds like a fun weekend. :)

Alex and Jill said...

Okay, that meal looks like it's off the Food Network...looks so good! I had heartburn so bad when pregnant with Amelia. I had never had it in my life and was describing the feeling to Alex and he said, "that's heartburn!" haha! I ended up taking some pill (can't remember the name of it). You can buy it in the pharmacy though.

Sara said...

Sounds like a great weekend. We had a home date the other night and had Marketplace to go and watched that movie. I thought it was super cute!

The Allens said...

The salad looks great!

LuLu said...

I feel your pain on the heartburn!! Nothing was working for me either, so my doc wrote me a prescription for pepcid at my last appt. Thank goodness it has been working so far!!

Heather said...

"Did You Hear About the Morgan's" was a really cute movie :).

Sorry to hear you had massive heartburn :(...the food looked yummy though.

Same Lane, OUR House! said...

Jennifer,
Just a suggestion - if you mix some baking soda (1 tsp full) per 1 large glass of cold water & mix it will help tremendously!
Hope it works & let me know if it does!
Love,
Lida
lidamathews@gmail.com

Karen said...

Everything looks amazing! Did Jill get a hair cut? It looks adorable, as always. I need to travel to Arkansas just to get my hair did!!! :) I am still trying to find someone up here who I like. Sorry to hear about the heartburn, maybe a sign that Jillian has a lot of hair??? :) Take care.

Karen

Ashlee said...

can you post the recipe for the wedge salad? looks delicious :)

waiting said...

I had to take an acid controller (equate brand) every day for my whole pregnancy. It worked like a charm. (per my doctor by the way) I took it every night before bed and it worked for 24 hrs.
Ask your doctor about it! I had HORRENDOUS heartburn!!!!

Laura said...

I need to start adding more "stretchy" things to my wardrobe, too! :(

Everything looks delicious!

And how hilarious about you drinking that stuff. I have heartburn every...day...so, I share your pain. Sometimes a Pepcid Complete does the trick, but sometimes it doesn't. :(

Tiffany said...

Hello. I'm not sure exactly how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did. It's always fun to read stories of everyday life from other mommy's. Girl, I feel your pain on the heartburn issue. I had HORRIBLE heartburn when I was preggo with my daughter. I finally asked my doctor to give me a prescription, and she said to try Zantac first. I did and it was my best friend until I had my daughter. Give it a try! And a belated congrats on your baby girl! :)