Saturday, June 26, 2010

Vacation-Day 4

Last Sunday, (Father's Day) was our last full day in Hilton Head. We spent the day at the beach!
The entry to the boardwalk had this fun little fountain that all the kids loved. Brody had the best time playing in it! I think Josh had a great time playing as well! :)

Brody took a little snack break after playing in the fountain.
He wasn't really a fan of all the sand this year. I remember last year, he tried to eat the sand, but this year he couldn't stand for it to be on his feet! Ha!
Looking at his feet! He spent most of the day doing this!
The beach was huge and was super crowded!!
This was when we first got there! I did walk around in just my swimsuit the rest of the day! ;)

After a fun day at the beach, we headed back to the condo and got ready for dinner. We ate at Kingfisher that night. It was on the water and Brody loved being able to see all the birds on the bank.
Telling me all about the birds! He was more concerned with my necklace than looking at the camera! I have some nice tan lines from my swimsuit! Ha!
Love these two and I am so thankful for such a wonderful dad for our two precious children. After dinner, we headed back to the condo and then the 3 of us walked to Harbour Town for the Greg Russell concert. Many of you told us to make sure and go and we were so glad we did. Greg has been playing nightly concerts in the summer for 25 years. They are geared towards children but it is an equally fun experience for the parents. Josh and I thought he was great!! He draws a huge crowd each night.


After the concert, we walked down a little ways and found a bench to sit on and eat ice cream. (The ice cream thing became a really bad habit! Ha!) Our bench was next to this statue. At one point Brody walked over to it and said, "Hi Big Daddy!" Big Daddy is my dad and Brody thought this was him.
My dad started working on his MBA 2 months before Brody was born and he will officially be finished in 3 weeks. All of Brody's life my dad has been in school which means for the past 23 months, my dad has been studying or reading books. I can count maybe 5 times that we have been to their house in the past 2 years that my dad has not had to study or read at some point. Brody doesn't know any different except to see my dad reading so he thought the man with the book was my dad. I text my mom and said this was proof dad studies a lot! Ha!
When people would pass us Brody would say, "That a Big Daddy!" and point to the statue. Bless his sweet heart. It was so precious!
Before we left to go back to the condo, he planted a big kiss on Big Daddy! Such a sweetie.
I think I have shared most of the good pictures from our vacation. We spent Monday in HH and then left that afternoon to head back home. We had a wonderful vacation and enjoyed time together. It is most likely our last trip as a family of 3. I cherished all the sweet time we had together on our vacation and all the fun memories we made with Brody. We are so looking forward to Jillian joining our family soon. I know it's going to only get better...crazier but better! :)

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my.. I laughed so hard at Brody kissing Big Daddy statue! HA!!!

Erin @ Sassin' Southern Style said...

Looks like a great time! =)

Alison said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! Brody is so cute! Where did you get his sandals? I've been looking for something similar for my little boy.

Erin said...

Love the pictures. Love the picture of you and Brody and Love Brody licking the statue!!

Amanda M. said...

That is a HILARIOUS and PRECIOUS story about Brody and the statue! He is like the cutest little guy ever!

Christa said...

Love the pictures of Brody and the statue! Too cute!!

Jenna said...

The picture of Brody kissing the statue just made my life. What a sweet baby!!! And what a fun last day of vacation! Glad ya'll had a great time over here on the East Side. :-) Come back soon!

Dale Budd said...

Such a wonderful vacation you all had. I think I gained 10 pounds just looking at the food from Paula Deen's Place.(ha,ha) The pictures of Brody, and "Big Daddy" are precious. What a terrific memory for your photo album. He is just so stinkin cute!
You look wonderful, and everyone looked so relaxed and happy, (even if you were sweating!)

Hugs from a Mom-Mom in NJ

Lauren Kelly said...

Sounds like the whole trip was fabulous!!! So glad you had a great time!!!! :)

Resisting Perfection said...

That is ridiculously cute that Brody thought that was your Dad! I love your sundress too :)