Friday, June 18, 2010

Vacation-Day 1

We had a wonderful day yesterday! It was our first full day in Hilton Head as we arrived very late on Wednesday night.

We slept-in a little yesterday morning. Then, ate breakfast and got ready for the day. Here is our little family yesterday morning before we left our condo. My sweet baby! He is getting so big and so tall!
This is my favorite picture from yesterday. How sweet are these two?
We headed over to the shops at Harbour Town. It is within walking distance of where we are staying, just on the other side of the harbour. It is seriously so cute and charming. We love it here!
Everyone rides bikes along the sidewalks and paths here. I think we were one of the few walkers. Every time we passed a bike, Brody would say, "bicycle!" He probably said the word no less than 100 times yesterday! :) We had lunch at a little restaurant called The Crazy Crab. It was so good!
Brody did some coloring while we waited on our food.
I had fried shrimp. I told y'all I was most excited about eating! I love food on vacation but I really love it when I'm pregnant!!
Josh's crab, oyster and shrimp bucket! Yum!
Brody cracked us up! He was trying to pull apart the crab legs for Josh. Such a big helper!
After lunch, the 3 of us decided to go to the top of the lighthouse and check out the view!

Obviously, you have to take several flights of stairs to the top. Brody was very adamant about climbing every single one of the stairs by himself.And he did it...all 114! It took us a good 10 minutes to get to the top but we were so proud of our determined little guy. Finally at the top! The view from the top was beautiful!
The view of the golf course at our resort.
The view of the pier.
It was a little windy at the top! Ha! Josh and I were in super protective parent mode at the top of the lighthouse so we didn't stay up there too long!
We headed back down and found a spot to rest in the shade. We were all very hot since the lighthouse isn't air conditioned.
We got ice cream and drinks to help cool off! The ice cream was sooo good. I might need to get some every day that we are here. ;)
We spent the rest of the afternoon just sitting around and relaxing. I love spending time away with this cute guy!
We headed back to our condo mid-afternoon to let Brody take a nap but all three of us ended up taking naps! Ha!
We went to eat dinner that evening and ran to Target to get some things. When we got back to the condo, Josh and I got Brody ready for bed and then left him with Josh's parents while we walked back over to Harbour Town and had dessert. We sat outside for a while and talked. It's so nice to be able to have family time with Brody and a little us time,too, while on the trip.
We are looking forward to another fun day today!!
Enjoy your Friday!

32 comments:

Linds said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brody's Sperrys!

The Riedel Family said...

Sounds like you all are having a great trip! I haven't ever been to Hilton Head, but it looks like such a neat place!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

I just started reading your blog and love it... found it through When Hello Means Goodbye and the hilarious hair-teasing video you and your sister made. :)

When I saw the pics yesterday I wondered if it was Hilton Head because we were at the very same marina two weeks ago staying on my dad's boat! How funny. It's a cool place, have fun!

Amanda said...

So glad you are having a good time! This post makes me so excited to take Nicholas to the beach next year!!!

Resisting Perfection said...

It looks like yall are having an amazing trip. I love little family vacations, they are such special memories!

Erin said...

oh he is just too cute!! Love all the pictures, glad you are having a fun time.

Amy said...

I have been following your blog for a while now! You have such a cute family!

I have been to Hilton Head twice and I think we have stayed in the same condos as yall. It is such a nice family vacation spot!

Angie said...

love your pictures! It is so cute that Brody wanted to go climb the lighthouse stairs all by himself! Have a wonderful vacation!!

Katie said...

We love the Crazy Crab! I love sitting on the outer deck next to the marsh waters. We also LOVE the Old Oyster Factory...oysters Savannah-YUM!!

Amanda M. said...

Looks like so much fun and your little Brody is getting SO big!

Alex and Jill said...

Brody is a little miniature of his Daddy...so cute!! Love all of the pics...looks like you guys are having a blast! Did you guys fly or drive?? We still haven't decided on a second option for our vacay, incase we can't go to Destin. If you drove, how many hours was it?

Oh, what I love most about you...your love for FOOD!! :)

Mary said...

we LOVE hilton head!! i've been up those lighthouse steps many times! (I live right outside of columbia)
HAVE FUN!!!

Jessica said...

Aww! I like your two boys in their Sperry shoes. : ) Cuteness! Your pictures remind me of the reason we named our son "Harbor"- the beach landscape is so peaceful! Have fun!

Cindy said...

Sounds like fun and the pictures are gorgeous!!
Have a great time!

~Cindy
www.simplycindyblog.com

Lonestar Mommy said...

I am from Hilton Head (live in Houston,TX now), but we still visit there about twice a year! Glad you guys are enjoying it! You should take Brody to the Sandbox. Its a really cute place for kids to play! :)

-Brittany Stubbs

The Tesdalls said...

This looks like so much fun!!:)

Mrs. Williams said...

Looks like you all are having a great tims so far!!! I'm with you I love food on vacation, yummy :)

K. Joy said...

I LOVE Hilton Head area! My family always goes to Sunset Beach in NC. It looks like you are enjoying a fabulous time. Eat lots of ice cream!

Dale Budd said...

Looks like you are all having a great time on your vacation. Such beautiful pictures, and how nice, that you and Josh got to have some alone time. Continue to have fun, and keep the pictures coming. I noticed your "Jillian" bump in the one photo of you holding Brody. To Cute! Loved Brody's outfit and shoes! He makes a real fashion statement. Such a cutey!

Hugs from a Mom-Mom in NJ

ashley said...

you HAVE to rent bikes and ride on the beaches. we just went for spring break and it was one of our very favorite things to do! HAVE FUN! :)

The Adventures of Baby Bond said...

How exciting, we are headed that way Monday!! Hope you have a wonderful trip! Keep posting great places to eat :)

Maryellen said...

My husband and I were just in Hilton Head for the first time a few months ago. We loved it. Don't miss the Salty Dog shop Brodie will enjoy the parrot. It really is such a beautiful peaceful place. Enjoy

The Lambert's said...

HHI is my happy place!! I live in SC and actually just got back from HHI last weekend :) You must eat at Guiseppi's for lunch or dinner. It is beside Fuddruckers. We always eat there when we go, sometimes multiple times. The owners name is Jim...lol!! Enjoy your time!

Lauren Kelly said...

Ya'll are just the most adorable family!!! :) What a blast!! Great pics and can't wait to see more!! :)

Keri Brown said...

Don't forget to listen to Greg Russell sing for the kids under the big tree around 8 at night at Harbour Town. He is so funny and the kids love him. We LOVE HHI! We are only 2.5 hours away from it though. Definately a family type beach area! The dolphin cruises are fun too. We saw so many dolphins when we went. Have fun!
Keri in SC (got to your blog from Kelly's Korner)

彥安 said...

If the quantity is not a lot, I will hand carry..................................................

The Kinards! said...

yay, hilton head! not far from my city, charleston!! i think you would love it here too! i'm glad ya'll are having a fun family trip!!

Mickey and Jessica said...

Hi Jennifer,

I have been reading your blog for sometime now, But I just had to comment when I saw that you guys were in HH! It is our most favorite place to go in the whole world and we go every year! I was going to tell you to check out greg russell if he still sings at harbor town (Brody would love it) and also go to the Salty Dog! Its lots of fun!
Anyway! Just wanted to say that! Love reading your blog!

Jessica King

prashant said...

Sounds like fun and the pictures are gorgeous!!
Contextual Ad Network India

Traci said...

I've never been to Hilton Head. It looks like such a charming place!

Liza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liza said...

I enjoyed a lot this post, How sweet your baby, really baby with his father looking so nice, thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed holiday vacation rentals in Tuscany.