Thursday, June 24, 2010

Razorback Relief: Operation Haiti

I wanted to share about a wonderful event that Josh and I will be participating in this weekend called Razorback Relief.

The Arkansas Razorbacks are teaming up with Numana, Inc. and the people of Northwest Arkansas for Razorback Relief: Operation Haiti - a 24-hour event to package a record-breaking two million meals for Haiti.

The 24-hour marathon will begin Friday, June 25 at 7 p.m. at the Randal Tyson Track Center and continue uninterrupted for 24 hours. Volunteers will work alongside Razorback student-athletes to help package meals that will be shipped directly to starving people in Haiti. Interested volunteers are encouraged to gather friends, co-workers, fellow students and family members to work together in rewarding and entertaining two-hour shifts that will result in desperately needed food for those in need.

The packaged meals will be shipped directly to starving people in Haiti by Numana, Inc. under the watchful eye of the United States Military.




To make the event a success, approximately 10,000 volunteers are needed to donate 2 hours of their time. Volunteers do not need to register in advance, just show up anytime during the event for the opportunity to serve for 2 hours.

If you live in NWA or the surrounding area, I want to encourage you to consider being apart of this great event.

The event is being organized by Acumen Holdings, a Fayetteville, AR, ecommerce company.

For more information on the event, visit the Razorback Relief website, here, or the event Facebook page, here.

6 comments:

Lauren Kelly said...

This is wonderful, Jennifer. Wish I lived in NWA!!! What a great way to serve the people of Haiti!!!!

Amanda M. said...

This is so awesome! I so wish I lived near so I could be a part of this!

melhuff said...

I think this is so great and so greatly needed! I spent 10 days in Haiti back in March and you have no idea how far these meals will go. Thank you so much for being a part of this. I only wish I lived near by so I could volunteer as well! :) God bless you guys!

Sitesx6 said...

I've enjoyed your blog. I found you from Kelly's Korner a few months ago.

I love what you are doing for Haiti.

I'm leaving for Haiti in 3 weeks to do my first ever mission trip. I'm going with Samaritan's Purse and will be working in a medical clinic outside of Port au Prince, in a slum area called Cite Soleil. (I'm a RN). I'm very excited to help the Haitian people.

Thanks for what you are doing.
Kelly in Michigan

Jessie said...

I'm your newest follower! Please follow me back at www.jessielynnsmith.com

Thanks!

<3 Jess

Laura Ann said...

Great cause.

My post today reminds me of what you have to look forward to with little J on the way. A boy and girl combination are awesome and having them so close together is even better. Hard in the beginning, but your heart will melt when you see them enjoying each others company, loving on one another and having fun. All those sleepless nights are worth it. You are going to be a wonderful boy/girl mommy!