Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a wonderful, long weekend! I was so thankful for some family time this weekend. Josh has been so busy at work so it was nice for him to have the day off yesterday. I always love this time of year.

I didn't do a very good job of documenting our weekend, but I did take a few pictures.

We had a busy Saturday just doing things around the house. Sunday, we went to church and then came home and took a long nap! After we woke-up, we went to eat dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Brody looking like a big boy in Josh's cap.

He was too busy watching a game and licking ketchup off his finger to look at the camera in this picture. All the TVs amazed him!

Monday, we hung around the house and just played. I loved not having any plans. It was nice to have the day for just the 3 of us!

That afternoon we did a little shopping since there were so many good sales going on. We went to the mall and we also stopped by Old Navy to get a few thing for Josh. While we were shopping we heard Brody saying, "Hey Boy! Hey Boy!" We looked over and he had found himself in a mirror and was talking to himself. It was so funny!!!


He also found this sleeping mask. It cracked me up when he put it on!

His very favorite thing about ON is the dog mannequin. As soon as we walk in he takes off running to the dog. He knows exactly where it is and he runs over to say Hi and give the dog a hug...or 50 hugs. :)
He took the leash out of the woman mannequin's hand so he could walk the dog. I could not stop laughing at him. He seriously thought the dog was real and he thought he was so big for getting to "walk" it with the leash.

Giving the dog one last hug good-bye. This process of leaving the dog takes at least 5 minutes every time we go shopping there!


After a few more errands and stops, we headed back home to let Brody take a nap. Then, we went out to my parents' house to eat dinner. It was just the 5 of us, so my mom made a salad and got pizza from Mellow Mushroom since it was easier than grilling, cooking and cleaning-up. It was sooo good!!!
The best part of going to my mom and dad's house is that Brody wants to have nothing to do with Josh or me so we can just relax. :) I pretty much laid like this from the time I was finished eating until the time we left. (You can really see Jillian in this picture!)

Brody always wants to take a bath at my parents' house no matter what time we are out there, so he took a bath. It was nice because we headed home a little after 8 so we could get him in bed and he was ready for bed once we got home.
We got home and put Brody to bed, then Josh and I watched a movie we had rented. It was such a fun ending to a great weekend.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!

18 comments:

Megan said...

Haha those pics of Brody with the Old Navy dog are so cute and funny!

Heather said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. My little girl who is a little older than Brody does the same thing with the Old Navy dog, it cracks me up!!

Amanda M. said...

oh my goodness! i just love the bit with brody and the old navy dog! that is absolutely hilarious! he is SO cute!

Sonya said...

We had pizza for Memorial Day too! It was late and it was easy!

Lauren Kelly said...

That Brody is a mess. Cracks me up!! :)

Erin said...

sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend! Love the dog story, so cute.

Kelly said...

My little boy is one year older than Brody, and still does that with the dogs at Old Navy. It's a process for us to leave as well!

Looks like a fun weekend! You really CAN see Jillian in that one picture, you look great!

Christa said...

Brody is too cute! He cracks me up! Sounds like y'all had a wonderful weekend! I love Mellow Mushroom. We always go to the one in Destin, FL when vacationing!

Brown Girl said...

Looks like a fun weekend, I love the pictures of him hugging the dog, too cute!

Lana said...

Brody is such a cutie!

Angie said...

Taegan does the same thing with the dog at Old Navy!! Kids are crazy. What a cute little bump Miss Jillian is:)

The Boob Nazi said...

awww, that picture of him kissing the mirror is adorable!

Kristen Ray said...

Brody is sooooo cute! Where did you get his cute little shoes--I love them!

Katie said...

Jennifer ~

Precious belly!! I love it.

Brody and the Old Navy dog made me laugh! Z loves it too and thinks it's real. ; )

Dale Budd said...

Brody is just as cute as can be with that Old Navy dog. Wouldn't it be nice to have one of those at home?! It would keep him amused for hours. What a great weekend you all had, and that "Jillian" belly of yours, is just adorable!
Hugs from NJ!

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh! Brody looks too cute at Old Navy!! Jillian is getting big!!

The Allens said...

Oh I love Mellow Mushroom! Jealous.

Heather said...

Connor LOVES the Old Navy dog and all their mannequins. We went yesterday, too, to check out the sale and before we left he had to hug EVERY SINGLE MANNEQUIN!!!! :) Hilarious!