Monday, June 28, 2010

27 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 27 Weeks
Size of baby: 14.5 inches long and weighs 2 lbs. Jillian is the size of a head of cauliflower!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 15lbs.
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing regular dresses, all maternity shorts and mostly maternity tops. The shorts are so much more comfortable than regular shorts with a bella band.
Gender: Girl!
Movement: Yes! She is moving a lot. We can see her move and kick, which is so much fun.
Sleep: I am sleeping so much better. Josh put a fan on my night stand and the noise and cool air puts me to sleep. I think I freeze him out because we turn the air down, turn the ceiling fan on and I use the small fan each night. Ha!
Symptoms: I still have crazy dreams every night and I still have reflux and heartburn but it seems to not be as bad if I don't eat anything really heavy after 6 or 7 each night. My newest symptom, if it really counts as a symptom, is that I am HOT! I know it's summer and I know everyone is hot but I am burning up all the time. Hot weather, plus pregnancy hormones, plus big belly makes for an extra hot summer. :) I cannot cool off and feel like I sweat all day long. Getting dressed is when it seems the worst. I sweat putting on make-up, drying and straightening my hair. This will be the second time I have been pregnant throughout the entire summer but it wasn't nearly this hot the summer I was pregnant with Brody.
What I miss: Winter weather! Ha! I'm kidding. :)
Cravings: Cold food!
Best Moment this week: We started working on the nursery this weekend. I am so excited to see how it turns out. I think it's going to be really cute and really sweet!
What I am looking forward to: My doctor's appointment on Wednesday!

17 comments:

Christa said...

You look great, Jennifer! I'm always HOT too and I'm not even pregnant! Ha! The worse for me is getting ready as well...guess it's this HUMID Texas weather!

Kelly said...

you look so cute! I can't tell you have gained 15 lbs anywhere but that cute little bump!!!
And bless your heart being pregnant this summer. Maybe it will be a little better this week.

Lauren Kelly said...

You look adorable Jennifer and can't believe you are at 27 weeks already!!!! Its flying! :)

Lea Liz said...

You look great girl! What a cute baby bump you have!

Leah said...

Awww you are so cute!! I can't believe you are already 27 weeks! It's flying by! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!

Erin said...

You look great!! I hate being hot and while pregnant it is worst. Hopefully you can stay cool.

Can not wait to see the Nursery!

Carie said...

You look amazing! I'm 12 weeks and I swear I look a million times bigger! Congrats, and I'm so glad things are going so well! I'm really excited to see the nursery! Loved your ideas!

The Byrds said...

You should really do a post about some of your crazy dreams! I remember having some STRANGE ones when I was pregnant!
Take care :)

Workman Family said...

Hey Jenn, I have been following your blog for a little while. Love it! My son is a few weeks older than Brody, and I'm also pregnant again. I have a question for you about Brody's room: Are you going to keep him in his crib or switch him to a 'big boy bed?' I am really struggling with what to do & love to hear others opinions.

Summer said...

Hey pretty girl!! You look so cute! You have the cutest baby bump and I can't wait to see pics of Jillian's NURSERY Eeeeeeeeeeeek.....you have to show a sneak peak....pretty please

xoxo
Summer ;0)

Meg said...

You look great! I can imagine you must be hot! I was burning up when I pregnant and that was through the winter! Plus, this summer has been a hot one! Hang in there, you are doing great!

Resisting Perfection said...

You look so cute girl. I love reading your weekly updates because we are both due the same date :) I am always hot too, especially at work and it's no fun because we're not allowed to change the air setting :( I need to bring in a fan.

Dale Budd said...

You look just as sweet and pretty as usual. Pregnancy really becomes you. You are glowing.I am truly looking forward to your nursery ideas. I am sure it is going to be beautiful, and totally girly1 Enjoy decorating, and I'm sure Josh will be a huge help to you. He is a terrific husband and Daddy.

Hugs to all,
A Mom-Mom in NJ

Holly said...

I totally agree with you about it being the worst when you're trying to get ready with the flat iron, etc! I am 33 weeks now and about to kill over! I NEEDED to go to church Sunday to cure my terrible attitude just from trying to get ready...but still very blessed! Try to stay cool!

Angie said...

Girl - you look just great! Cant wait to see your nursery - I know it will be just darling!

Hopefully it cools down for you soon!

Amanda M. said...

You look fabulous, girlie! Can't wait to see how your nursery turns out; I am sure it will be beautiful!

Mary said...

Of course you are hot! You're carrying your own furnace. I always felt better when people acknowledged that when I was pregnant in the summer! I have had a September baby, a November one, and a May one and by far the hardest pregnancy was the September one. The heat really makes living sweat-free impossible. You look precious and I'm glad the fan worked! I actually took a fan with me to the hospital each time because once I had the baby and the hormones caused me to sweat having my own fan blowing on me made such a big difference! An idea for you...