Monday, June 7, 2010

24 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:
24 Weeks-The age of viability!!
Size of baby: 13 inches long and weighs a little over a pound. She is the length of an ear of corn!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 15lbs.
Maternity Clothes: I can still wear most of my regular clothes but maternity is much more comfortable and is actually starting to fit much better.
Gender: Girl!
Movement: Yes! It's starting to get stronger and more frequent!
What I miss: I really can't say I miss a thing.
Sleep: I'm still not sleeping very well. Maybe I should get some things done in the middle of the night when I'm not sleeping!
Symptoms: Wacky dreams, frequent trips to the bathroom, heartburn and reflux, back pain and round ligament pain.
Cravings: Fruit and Salad. Really anything cold sounds good to me!
Best Moment this week: Brody went to my ultrasound last Wednesday and when he saw Jillian on the screen he said, "That a sissy! That a sissy!" It was so sweet to see him so excited about his sister. :)
What I am looking forward to: The bedding fabric samples coming in the mail...which should be soon! I'm ready to see if the fabric we picked out is going to work. If it is then we can get started on her room soon!

I thought I would also update you on my appointment last Wednesday...

I had an ultrasound and everything with Jillian looked great! She is measuring 10 days ahead on the ultrasound which was kind of surprising to me. She only measured 3 days ahead at the 20 week ultrasound. The u/s estimated that she weighed 1lb 10oz. She might be a big girl! Brody was 8lbs 5oz when he was born on his due date so he was a fairly bigger baby. I figure she might be about the same size! :)

The u/s tech switched it over to 4D so that we could see her face better. She is such a cutie! Her little cheeks are starting to fill out some. She has a cute little button nose. It reminds me of Brody's nose. We could see her sucking and moving her mouth during the ultrasound. It was SO sweet! She was so calm during the u/s which surprised all of us because I had already had the orange glucose drink so we thought that might get her going. It didn't though. She just laid with her hands behind her head and hung out. She has been really relaxed during all of her u/s so maybe she will be laid back?? :) We can hope and pray for that.

My appointment went well also. I had the glucose test. My dr office only calls you back if you fail so no news is good news. I haven't been called back so I think that's a good sign! :) My dr said I looked good. No swelling! She was able to measure my belly this appointment for the first time, which was fun! I measured at 24 weeks.

All that too say, we are making great progress!! We are so thankful for that!

16 comments:

Katie said...

I have followed your blog some time now and LOVE seeing your weekly pics. I connected through Kelly's korner. Jillian is one of my FAV names. Keep up with the updates. Love them!
Katie from the prairie!

A Wedding Story said...

You look great Jennifer!

Dale Budd said...

You are just as cute as can be, and I love your beautiful smile! So glad to hear your great report, that all is well with Miss Jillian Kate! I have no doubt at all, that she is going to be just as sweet and pretty as her Mommy, and just as precious and smart as her brother Brody. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the nursery. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Many Hugs!
A Mom-Mom in NJ

Mallory said...

Your pregnancy feels like it is flying by! :) And you have got to be one of the cutest pregnant ladies I have ever seen. Glad to hear everything is going well.

Matt, Stefan, and Halle Kate said...

AHHH you are SO cute! I cannot wait for Jillian and Halle Kate to be friends!

Walking With The Wheats said...

WOW =) your pregnancy is flying by! You look so good!!

Erin said...

So glad everything is going so well. It sure seems to be going fast and you sure look great :)

Lianna Knight said...

You look absolutely PRECIOUS!!!! Such a cute dress too :)

Team Alix said...

Hi Jennifer-I have been following along because I am 4 weeks and one day behind you (tomorrow I am 20 weeks!). My very first ultrasound ever is this Thursday and I cannot wait to see the tiny little one in there! Thanks for sharing all your pictures and congratulations!

Jenna said...

Cute as ever, my friend!

Amy said...

you look great! i love your dress!
glad to hear all is well with baby jillian :)

Brittany said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady!! Love the dress:)

Fran said...

Yayyyyy for an awesome appt and you look absolutely darling!!!

MLBarajas said...

You are an adorable pregnant lady! I love your weekly updates!!

Faith said...

You are so adorable! You look so pretty in that dress too!

Lauren Kelly said...

That is so wonderful and you are looking fantastic!!!!! :)