Monday, May 17, 2010

Our Weekend

We started our weekend by making a quick trip to Benton to see Josh's parents. It was only 24 hours from the time we left our house Friday to the time we got back home on Saturday evening. We spent most of the day Saturday shopping with Josh's mom. Josh's dad didn't go with us on Saturday and we were sad that we didn't get to spend much time with him this weekend, but we still had a lot of fun. The 4 of us shopping. Brody looks like he was having the time of his life! Ha!

We went to a few stores in Little Rock that I had been wanting to visit. I was on the look-out for some cute Jon-Jon's for Brody to wear to the beach when we go in a few weeks. We found this cute one that is perfect for our vacation. It is reversible so it is 2 cute Jon Jon's in one!
We also found this cute little gingham one that I am going to have embroidered in white with either his monogram or his name.
Which one do you think I should I do?? We got back on Saturday evening from Benton and quickly changed clothes so that we could go over to the Leslie and Blake's house for a cookout. They are friends of ours from college and moved up here after school as well. They just bought a new house and Blake was accepted into the doctoral program at the U of A, so they had a little party to celebrate both big occasions! Brody was sick so he stayed at our house with my mom. It was kind of fun for the two of us to get to go by ourselves, although we all missed him because he is so funny and entertaining!
Leslie and Me- We are pledge sisters and I love that she and Blake live up here.
(Yes, I am wearing my glasses. I have an eye infection and have had to wear them since Friday. I go back to the eye doctor today and I am hoping she will let me wear my contacts again this week. )
Josh and Me, Andrew and Meredith, Blake and Leslie, Dillon and Brittany
The OBU couples at the cookout. All 8 of us graduated from there! :) We had THE BEST time hanging out and visiting with these sweet friends last night!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

19 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I think his name would be cute but then again the initial would make it easier to use in the long run maybe.

Lauren Kelly said...

What a fun weekend, girl... loved the pics!! :)

Kristi said...

I love the outfits. Where did you go to find them? I would put his mono. I think it always looks dressier than the name. To bad we didn't live closer because I have an emboidery sewing machine, which is why I am always looking for blank dresses or shirts to do for my girls.

Meet the Brummett's said...

Love those cute little jon jon's! I don't know if you are wanting the green one to be more formal or not, but I think that it would be cute with his name. If you want a dressier look, then def do his monogram. :)

Brooke said...

I am a monogram girl! So I would do the monogram. The circle monogram or block monogram are masculine and would be adorable! It would look cute in black or white! Can't wait to see the results! We monogram a lot for Nolan just to make stuff cute. You know how hard it is to find cute boy stuff! Can I get an AMEN!?!?!

The Allens said...

I would do his name.

Angie said...

your blog is cute...i found you from kelly. my little boy had a jonjon like this and i chose to do the 3 initials in white and it looked so great and i don't know why but it looked more dressy for church to me.

Walking With The Wheats said...

I LOVE your glasses!!

www.dukeandsarah.blogspot.com

Alex and Jill said...

Those outfits are adorable. I vote for his monogram on the second outfit.

And you look cute in glasses!

Beth said...

I was given the recommendation to only do names on baby items....once the kids become toddler and older, it's not safe to put their full name on their clothes -- people (creepy people!) can then call to them easier while knowing their name. So I would go with the monogram or just the first initial! Just my opinion!

Kelly said...

I LOVE those jon jons!!!! Brody will look precious at the beach!
I think I would do his monogram in white? (you know how much I love monograms) ha!
So neat that you have so many friends from OBU up here! I bet it was fun to get together!
P.S. you look cute in your glasses!

Rebekah said...

Love the outfits! I vote for his monogram....but I love a monogrammed outfit!

Jennifer said...

I love the jon-jons. I wish I could find them somewhere in Houston where they don't cost $40. I'm just not willing to spend that much on something my little one will only wear for a short while.

Trumbo Family said...

cute pics! I have had to wear my glasses ALL week because of an eye infection from contacts too!! weird...

Amanda M. said...

YOu look SO cute in your glasses!!

Brittany said...

What a fun weekend! I would definitely monogram Brody's outfit. It is adorable!!

Adrienne said...

I love jon jons on little boys, and I would def. do a monogram. So cute! Congratulations on a baby girl! I'm due in a couple of weeks and have some of those same outfits for my little Ava.

http://www.reagantales.com/

Ashley said...

Love the monogrammed Jon Jon's! I make those and would love to make a matching brother/sister JonJon/Dress set for Brody and Jillian! I tried to follow you on twitter the other day but wasn't sure if you got it. Check out my website at www.sheshemade.com

sanjeet said...

Looks like a fun weekend.
PPC Advertising India