Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Our Weekend

We had a fun, busy weekend!

Saturday, my dad graduated with his MBA from the University of Arkansas. He started the program in the fall of 2008, just a few weeks before Brody was born. He did the executive MBA program so he went to class on Saturdays and then had assignments, tests and projects due all during the week. He did this all while working his very busy job. I cannot think of many times in the past 2 years that we didn't go over to their house and not find my dad studying. Brody has actually spent all of his little life helping my dad study at their house. This is when he was 3 or 4 months old!
This program pretty much consumed all his free time. It was a hard program and we are so proud of him for finishing. I know it was hard to start a master's degree program at 50 but if anyone could do it, my dad could! I think he is done with school now. Surely he isn't crazy enough to try and get his doctorate...but honestly you never know. :) He will probably still be going to school in his 80s just for fun!

The graduation ceremony for the school of business began at 12:30. I was so nervous about how Brody would act but he did great. Of course, we had to find ways to entertain him, such as letting him try my grandma's reading glasses on! Ha!The master's degree students walked last so we had to wait for almost 2 hours before my dad walked. As soon as he did, Brody, Josh and I left and headed home to let Brody take a nap. I hated that we had to leave, but Brody could hardly keep his eyes open and he was desperate for a nap.My family took some pictures after graduation but we aren't in any of them since we headed home. :( I think I should photo shop my head into this picture...don't y'all think? :) Jill, my mom and my dad
My grandma drove up for my dad's graduation and spent the weekend at my parents' house.

Later that evening, we had a graduation party at my parents' house for our family and some friends. We had BBQ and cake.The words to the Arkansas fight song is around the side of the cake and the Razorback has a little graduation hat on. Rick's makes a TON of graduation cakes.
I took this picture of Brody while he was eating outside and he looked at me like, "Get that camera out of my face while I am eating!" I decided not to take any pictures of my mom and dad's friends at the party. I thought they might think I was some crazy girl if I said, "Smile...these are for my blog!" Haha!Brody helped dad open his graduation presents. He thought he had to throw away each piece of tissue paper as my dad pulled them out of the bag. :)Sunday was a wonderful day as well! Brody and Josh made this precious Mother's Day card for me. I thought it was so cute and so sweet! I love that they added leopard print ribbon to it! :) We went to church with my family that morning and then all of us (my parents, Jill, my grandma, and the 3 of us) headed to eat brunch/lunch at the country club where my parents are members. The food was sooo good and I even had this fun little waffle.You can only appreciate the Razorback waffle I ate if you are from Arkansas! I think I need to waffle iron the man used to make this. Who knew that had Razorback waffle plates?? Brody ate so much food! It was crazy!

Have a great Tuesday!

13 comments:

Lauren Kelly said...

What a fun weekend!! So proud of your dad. That is awesome. If he can do it, then anyone can!!!! So amazing! And of course, Brody is as cute as usual!!

A Wedding Story said...

Good for your dad! That is great!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

What a great accomplishment - he should be so proud of himself!

Sara said...

How exciting for your Dad! We watched my Mom graduated Saturday with her bachelors degree. I was so excited for her!

Ashley said...

Congrats to your dad! What a great example he is to Brody and to little Jillian!!

My husband and I also graduated as Master's, and, while we went first at UCA, the ceremony still wasn't any shorter. :I

Laurie said...

Great for your Dad! I love Brody in those glasses. The Razorback waffles are really cute!

Kelly said...

I loved all the decorations at your dad's party and that razorback waffle!! Maybe if I had that - I would make waffles more often! :-)

Christa said...

Congrats to your dad...that is great! Love all the decorations for his party!

Traci said...

Even though I'm a LSU fan I can appreciate a good cake & that one looks great!!! Sooo cute!!

Heather said...

What a great weekend!! congrats to your dad, what a great accomplishment! Brody is a little stud muffin!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

What a great weekend! Don't you just love being a mommy! :)

Jenna said...

so exciting for your dad! what an accomplishment. thank goodness he had brody around to tutor him! loved all the pics from ya'lls fun weekend! you look beautiful! and in honor of all that yummy food, i shall now retreat to the kitchen for a snack. hope ya'll are having a great week, my dear!

Katie said...

Yay for your dad!! His cake is adorable! (Between all the free advertising from you and Kelly, I bet Ricks business his definitely increased!! :)

That Razorbacks waffle iron is hilarious! Glad my husband didn't see those waffles, he'd be wanting to look for an LSU waffle maker!!