Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our Wednesday in Pictures

I thought I would just share our day with you in pictures. We didn't do anything special or out-of-the-ordinary today but Brody and I had a great day together. We always do. I'm not sure how I couldn't with someone so cute, sweet and funny.

Brody woke-up around 8 but I could hear him playing and humming in his crib so I just left him until about 8:30 when he started actually asking to get-up. He ate breakfast and then told me he wanted to go "oww-side" to play. We went and played in the backyard in our pajamas before 9:00 this morning!Brody drove his car and then he wrote some notes on a few pieces of paper I had brought outside with me to make lists. :)
After we played outside, we came inside and played in his room.
Brody also read a few books to himself. :)
I got the vacuum cleaner out because I was about to vacuum the house while he played. It made him so excited that he ran over and kissed it. He seriously loves the thing and I really have no idea why. I do clean a lot but I have never made a big deal about liking the vacuum. I think he just likes the noise it makes.
Before we left his room, he told me he needed a "diapee" so he got one out of the dresser and laid on the floor for me to change him. I think we may start potty training in the next few weeks since he tells us every single time he has a dirty diaper. He will tell us if it was "pee pee" or "poo poo" so I think he could learn to use the potty right now. A lot of moms are encouraging me to start trying since he is telling us when he is going to the bathroom.
Once we finished playing, we went to Josh and my bedroom and made the bed. Brody helps me make the bed every single day. He loves to bring me the pillows to put on the bed. He is such a great helper!
I also vacuumed our bedroom while we were in there. Brody loves to lay on the floor while I vacuum. I have no idea if he likes to be close to the vacuum or if he likes the way it sounds. Either way, this is what he does while I vacuum. :)
After we finished, it was time for Brody's morning nap. He still takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap. I love that he is such a good sleeper. I know we will try the same scheduling techniques with Jillian that we did with Brody. It doesn't mean that they will work with her, but we sure will try! Ha!
He woke-up from his nap right in time for lunch. He ate a sandwich, string cheese, apple slices and strawberries for lunch. He told me it was "nummy" which means it was yummy!
After lunch, I changed his clothes and we headed to Walmart. He read a book in the car while I drove. He loves to read.We picked-up these things at Walmart to make some snacks for our small group that met that night.
While I worked on dipping the strawberries and pretzels, Brody had a couple of pretzels for an afternoon snack. Then, he went back down for his afternoon nap while I finished-up making all these. They were really good and really easy! I forgot that I had some sprinkles in my pantry. I should have put those on the chocolate covered pretzels.
While Brody slept, I made dinner and then got his things ready for him to go over to my parents' house for a couple of hours while we had small group. He left around 5:30 and headed to eat with my mom and dad. Josh and I quickly ate and then cleaned-up before our friends headed over. Josh is always so great to help with dishes. I am so dumb and registered for cookware that you can't put in the dishwasher so it's a daily thing to have to hand wash dishes. Josh helps me out so much, especially on Wednesday nights because I am usually rushing around like a crazy woman to get things ready. Let's face it. I'm always running late and while I may look like I have it together, I don't and I'm the first to admit it. :)Now we are just relaxing and waiting on all the rain and stormy weather that is supposed to be heading our way.

I hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!
Did y'all do anything fun today?

26 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad to see that great minds think alike. We have that same vacuum and it is suuuuper fabulous. I hope my children love the vacuum as much as Brody. Maybe we can put them to work early! ;o)

Laura Ann said...

Your little man is so cute and I am so excited that you are going to have a baby girl.

Wow...Brody still rear faces? I can not believe that he can still fit like that. We struggled to keep Gavin rear facing till he was a year old, but we did it.

You look great and I hope things are going well for you.

Mrs. Alex P said...

What a great day in the life post. I love that you still have Brody rear facing in the car, it is so much safer for him :-)

Jill said...

we had a stay at home day. my son has that same red car and the kids played with it for a while this morning...then i also vacuumed today and so after i finished they wanted me to leave it out so that they could take turns "helping".
it's great to document every day things. i think it's stuff like that which i'll miss the most as my kids get bigger.

Terri said...

I was in the middle of typing my post for the day about the same thing...JUST OUR DAY! When I stopped to check my email and saw your post! So funnY! Great minds think alike.

Yummy strawberries! I am going to have to email you about the nap thing. We are starting MMO in the fall and I am pretty sure Knox will still be taking a morning nap - I need to know how Brody did at MMO w/o a nap and how he still took one!

The Riedel Family said...

Your treats look so yummy! And Brody's pictures are too cute! Especially the vaccuum ones! These are such great memories. And I would definitely try potty training. It is so important to do it when the child is ready. If they are showing signs, go for it! I would suggest using the 3 Day Potty Training by Laura Jensen. I literally potty trained Thompson in 3 days! Great tool! Good luck!!

Mallory said...

Thank you for sharing you day in pictures. I think my favorite thing was Brody's precious orange flip flops. I could eat those up they are so cute. The pan Josh is washing looks like Circulon, which is what we have and I don't put it in the dishwasher...have to wash nightly! Ugh, oh well I like it.

Stephanie said...

I loved seeing your Wednesday in pictures! Looked like a great day. I too noticed the rear facing thing. Here is a great article from the AAP about rear facing till 2 for any other moms who are curious.

http://aapnews.aapublications.org/cgi/content/full/30/4/12-a

Hope that worked. :)

Stephanie said...

Mmm... just noticed that link didn't work. Here is one more try.

http://aapnews.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/30/4/12-a

Rebekah said...

Cilla loves the vacuum too! She always wants to get it out of the closet! I just hope she still like sit when she is old enough to use it! I can't believe Brody still faces the rear! We had to turn Cilla around when she was 11 months old because car rides were such a fight!

Lori said...

Hi Jennifer!
I have been following your blog for a couple months now, and I have to say, that your little Brody is ADORABLE! Being a Grandmother, I can definately see that you and you husband are raising your little boy (and your new little addition) the right way! It is soooo refreshing to see all you gals there in AK and your daily lives...I would love to know each and every one of you! You are so inspirational in this time of turmoil in our world. The Lord does shine in each of us who accept him, and we are all the better for it.
God Bless you and your precious family!

Robyn Beele said...

Andrew loves the vacuum too and will follow me all over the house! It sounds like you had a great NORMAL day!

Heather said...

My children have always loved to doodle on paper. It's funny to see what really keeps kids amused!

My little ones also do not like the vacuum... I wish they were as comfortable with it as Brody! (I love your snacks. They look so yummy!)

Emily said...

Love the pictures!

Lincoln loves the vacuum cleaner too.. he throws a HUGE fit when I go to put it away.

Linds said...

my son LOVES the vacuum too! He literally cries SO hard when I pick it up.

Fran said...

Precious little guy!! Adorable!

Crystal said...

Sounds like such a fun day! I understand what you mean about not being able to put your dishes in the dish washer. The stawberries and pretzels looks so good!

Kristi said...

He is so cute. Its so funny how they dont ccare what time it is they always want to be outside.

I know this is random but I was noticing the crib you have in his room. It looks a lot like the one we have, ours is Simplicity. Anyways, ours was recalled a few weeks ago and we are getting our money back for it to get another one. Yours may be another name brand or even a newer model. But just wanted to let ya know just in case because we were advised not to use it anymore. If you cant find the recall website let me know and I will find it in my email. I got the email from Babycenter.com. Hopefully its not your bed because it is a pain to go through!
Hope you have a great day!
My email is Kristimu@aol.com if you want me to forward the email or find the page for you!

Annie said...

Brody is so sweet. Blake is the same way about the vacuum...just LOVES it! I hope that he still does in a few years when he can actually use it..lol :)

Faith said...

He is such a cutie!! I love his adorable facial expressions. I know every day is so much fun with him!!

Jennifer said...

Omgoodness those strawberries and pretzels look de-lish! Thanks for sharing.

LuLu said...

Looks like a fun day! Where did you get the giraffee in Brody's room?? I might want one for my nursery:) And P.S. You look TINY in the prego pic from Monday...I'm 24 weeks and look like a full grown toddler is in my belly!! Ha!

Erin said...

I love seeing day in pictures. I love his Top Dog shirt ha ha he is way too cute!

Aimee Bryan said...

Loved the pix. What a great lunch Brody had. Your day pretty much looks like my typical day, but just add a few more kids. Great snacks. We all need to show our ideas,generate new ideas, or bring back those old favorites.

Priscilla said...

I love to read your blog but don't think i've ever commented, but I had to today. My son LOVES the vacuum too! He will actually ask me to vacuum the house, when I am done he asks me to do it again! How funny is that? Maybe I can get him to start vacuuming soon?? haha :)

sanjeet said...

What a great day in the life post.
PPC Advertising India