Friday, May 21, 2010

Library Date and Super Easy Chocolate Pie

Brody and I had an afternoon date at the library yesterday. I love our city's library and I love taking Brody with me when I visit. Yesterday was the first time I didn't take him in the stroller. I just let him walk around on his own. I was feeling brave! Ha!

This is part of the children's area at our library. It is so nice and SO child friendly! It is on a separate floor from the adult area so I don't have to stress about Brody being too loud. :)

He worked a few puzzles at a table when we got there.

Then, he played a computer game. Doesn't he look so big sitting at the little table?

Once he was bored with the game, he chose a few books to read and found a comfy spot to sit and read them.

This entire cycle of activities lasted about 4 minutes and then it started all over again. Back to the puzzle table he headed! Ha!

I am hoping we can attend Baby Bookworm (Baby reading time) at the library this summer. It's has always been on the same days as MDO but he will not have MDO this summer so we can hopefully go with some of his friends.

After we left the library, I headed to Walmart (Mall-Mart as Brody calls it) to get a few things to make a chocolate pie. I wanted to make dessert for Josh because he and Brody were hanging out at the house last night while I had some mommy time and got a mani/pedi.

I found this recipe online and it was ridiculously easy. I have seen this recipe several times before but never made it. Most of y'all have probably seen it to, but just in case you haven't, I thought I would share it. :)

I felt bad for "cheating" on a pie because my mom makes every single part of a pie from scratch. She probably doesn't even know they have pre-made pie crusts at the store because she has never bought it. :)

Easy Chocolate Triple Layer Pie

Source

Ingredients
2 cups cold milk
2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust, chocolate
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup chocolate shavings


Directions
1.In a large bowl, mix milk and pudding. Beat with wire whisk for 1 minute. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of pudding into graham cracker crust.
2.Gently fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping into remaining pudding. Spread this mixture over the pudding layer in crust. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with chocolate shavings and cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.

Have a great Friday!

24 comments:

Becky said...

That library looks so nice! I want to take Connor to story time and things like that when he gets a bit older. That pie looks so yummy, I am a chocoholic so I must try it!

Susy said...

Brody always looks SO CUTE! I love that you take the time to dress him and fix his hair. He is one lucky little boy, and I can't wait to see how adorable little Jillian will be!

Mom2One said...

Super cute! We love going to the library too! I wish our children's area was on a separate floor. Bradyn gets REALLY excited when we're at the library. I'm going to check back to see how Brody does during story hour...we're thinking of venturing out this summer for story hour also. You can give me pointers... =0) That pie looks super yummy! Enjoy your weekend!

Mary said...

YUM!!! thanks for the recipe!

Linds said...

We might start going to Baby Bookworms this summer too! It's always interfered with naptime for my son.

Kimberly said...

that sounds like an easy recipe! I am going to try it!

Ashley Hamby said...

The chocolate pie looks amazing! I cannot wait to make one for my hubs! Happy Friday to ya'll!

The Adventures of Baby Bond said...

Brody is the best dressed little boy EVER and I can't wait to see Jillian's outfits and bows :) My husband loves chocolate pie, so I can't wait to make this one. Thanks for sharing!

The Tucci's! said...

Brody is adorable and looks like such a big boy at the library!

Thank you for sharing the chocolate pie recipe!!! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Erin said...

That is about the only kind of "pie" I'll eat. Delish!

Alex and Jill said...

Those pics of Brody are so cute...he looks so big in all of them!

I make that same chocolate pie and it's so yummy. No one has to know we "cheated." :)

Erin said...

That library looks amazing!!

Maryellen said...

You can see in his little expression how much he likes his books. A reader . . .what a great thing. He is adorable..

Betsy said...

Brody looks so cute and like he is having so much fun! Plus, that chocolate pie looks amazing. And I love how easy it is!! Yay for easy recipes!

Aimee Bryan said...

The pie looks yummy! In the pix it looks like a pastry pie crust??? The library is WELL worth going to. We go each week and we attend baby bookworm and the next class for the bigger girls! They love it! I hope brody enjoys it.

Taylor said...

I love the library! I need to take Grace, I know she would LOVE it! What days are the Baby Bookworm on?!

Mer said...

Hey Jennifer! Hope you are doing and feeling well! The pie looks YUMMY. Hey I wanted to invite you to read my blog but don't know your email to "invite" you. I went "private". Can you send me your email?? Mine is mpwhite3@hotmail.com! THanks:)

doo-dah said...

I found your blog through Kelley's blog and enjoy reading but don't think I have ever commented before. My nephew's name is Brody and he will be 15 in just a few days. I made your pie recipe over the weekend and used sugar-free pudding and light cool whip, it was very good.

Rachel H. said...

I just started reading your blog, and I love it! I love following your pregnancy too, and I'm hoping that I have a little girl next time we are pregnant. Brody is too cute! :)

Katie said...

What a nice library! He looks so adorable and so grown up at that computer!

ιŸ‹δΊŽε€«ζˆ said...

Nice to meet u........................................

Shawnna said...

Awesome recipe! I tried it out on my fiance over the weekend, and he inhaled it, despite being sick! I suppose chocolate cures all, lol!

Thanks for sharing! Love your blog!

Tanya said...

Thanks for the recipe...soooo good! http://tanyastable.blogspot.com/2010/05/easy-chocolate-pie.html

sanjeet said...

That library looks so nice!
PPC Advertising India