Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fun Wednesday

Brody and I had a fun day yesterday! I just love my time at home with him so much. Today is his last day of MDO and I am looking forward to him being home with me everyday this summer. He is just so fun!

We started off the morning a little early. Brody is a great sleeper and usually sleeps until 8 most mornings. Yesterday morning, he woke-up at 6:30. He ate breakfast and then decided to check his baby's heart beat. :) It's funny how quickly he picks-up on the things that I do and wants to do them as well. We played for a little while that morning and made a little mess in the living room!
I decided to make pancakes later in the morning for my breakfast and for Brody's morning snack, since he had eaten breakfast so early. Brody helped me mix all the dry ingredients.
He enjoyed the two little pancakes I made him. He was saying, "three" in this picture because I counted '1,2,3' before I took the picture. He does this almost every time I take his picture now!
He had a few pancake bites left in his bowl, so he decided to throw them all over the kitchen floor. I looked at him and sternly said, "that was a no-no" and he hysterically started to cry. He hates getting in trouble. He is so sweet and sensitive. I was the same way when I was little. Maybe not as sweet, but very sensitive when I got in trouble.
After the crying episode, I put Brody down for his morning nap and started cleaning-up the kitchen. I decided to go ahead and make brownies for our small group that night before since the kitchen was already a mess from making pancakes. My favorite part of making brownies is getting to eat the leftover batter once I put the brownies in the oven to bake. :)
Ready to cut!
We headed to meet my mom for lunch after Brody woke-up from his nap. (Another picture of him counting to 3! Ha!)
After lunch, we stopped by Rick's Bakery to pick-up a birthday cake for our friend Ryan. His birthday was Wednesday so we had cake during small group to celebrate! Brody got a cookie while we were there and we sat and watched them decorate cakes. It was really neat to watch. As many times as I have been there, I have never taken the time to watch them decorate. It was fun! Here is Ryan's cake. I just picked-up a pre-made cake when I went to Rick's. I didn't order it ahead of time because I wasn't sure if he and Sarah were coming so I text Sarah earlier in the day to ask and then also asked her what kind of cake and icing Ryan liked. This explains why it's a little girly! Ha!
Brody ate dinner with my parents and played at their house while we had small group. Josh and I went to pick him up at their house and then came home and ate a late dinner. We felt bad not letting Brody eat when we were eating so he had apple slices and peanut butter for a snack while we ate and then he headed to bed.
Thanks for a fun day, sweet boy!

12 comments:

Allison said...

Hi Jennifer!
I've been following your blog for quite a while now but never really comment. I'm pregnant with #1 and was thinking of investing in a doppler? Is that what Brody is "using" in the picture? If so, can you tell me which kind you have an if you find it simple to use.
Also, when were you able to hear your little girl's heartbeat for the 1st time with it at home instead of in the doctor's office?

Its exciting to watch your family grow.
Best wishes!
Allie from NJ

Lauren Kelly said...

What a blessing to be able to stay home with that sweet boy!! He's precious!!!

The Riedel Family said...

Sounds like a great day! Whenever I go back for my AR trips, Rick's is a must. I was there at the beginning of May with some family and we tried their strawberry walnut salad. Hands down the BEST salad I have ever eaten. You should try it. But, I basically love anything from there, ha! Brody is a doll!

Linds said...

I was laughing at the picture of him crying because you scolded him. I wish my DS was sensitive, but alas, he's as stubborn as a mule. if I tell him that something is a no-no, he usually looks at me, smiles and then does it again for spite! I'm hoping for a more sensitive child in #2, otherwise I might go insane with two stubborn independent babies in the house!

Mrs. Williams said...

Sounds like a very good Wednesday, to me!!

Dale Budd said...

What a great day you had with sweet Brody! God love him, he is a good eater! Apples and peanut butter, YUM! One of my favorites, and my grand-daughter, Lindsey's, also.
You look wonderful, and so cute, pregnant! God's blessings to your family!

A Mom-Mom from NJ

Warf pary of 3 said...

looks like you and brody had a great day!! im home this summer with my little guy. he will be 2 in july. i have lots planned for us this summer. cant wait!!

Erin said...

I think your family alone could keep Ricks in business ha ha. Love the pictures of him counting to three :)

Heather said...

You Arkansas girls have me wanting to visit Rick's Bakery!! I bet you girls are on a first name basis with them!! :) Brody is so cute, what a fun day!

Tina said...

You are such a sweet mother and Brody and Jillian are so lucky you are their mother!

sanjeet said...

Sounds like a very good Wednesday
PPC Advertising India

Fran said...

Love that little guys hair...LOVE IT!
I know people say that all the time I'm sure, but dang he's cute.