Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday

We have had a busy day today. I feel like that's just the norm these days but I enjoy being out and about with Brody! Who wouldn't love spending their days with this cutie??
We started the morning by letting Brody play at church while I met some friends from MOPS at Panera. We had coffee and bagels and were just able to visit! It was a great morning.
I left Panera and picked-up Brody from church and then, he and I headed to the mall to eat lunch at Chick-Fil-A. It's much easier to go to the mall CFA at lunch time because it is less crowded than the stand alone. When we were in line to order, I saw that our friends, Heather and Zach were also there getting lunch.
It was funny running into them because Heather and I had just eaten at Panera together and didn't mention our lunch plans to each other. Heather invited us to eat with her family, who had all met at the mall for lunch. When I say whole family, this is what I mean! :)
Brother, Sister, Mom, mom's best friends, friend's son, and the rest of us! It was so fun to visit with her family. It had been a while since I had seen any of them. They are all so sweet!

After lunch, we dashed over to a ground breaking for a new elementary school. My dad is the project development officer for a construction company and he had gotten this job for them recently. This was only my second ground breaking to go to in the 4 years he has worked for this company. We thought it might be fun for Brody to go to this particular one today.
Brody tried to help break ground while we were there! I love how big he looks in his hard hat!He had so much fun! As soon as we got there he saw all the construction vehicles and started yelling, "dump truck!" Then, he saw the big brush fire that they had going where they were clearing the land and he yelled, "hot!" He was going crazy with all the action out there. We stayed out there for about 30 minutes but it was enough time to exhaust Brody. He fell asleep on the way home!I got a few things ready around the house for small group while Brody slept. Before I knew it, Josh was home from work and I quickly cooked dinner before our friends came over for Bible study. This is what I cooked. Please try not to be jealous. It beats fatty, greasy fast food, right?We had a great Bible study and now I'm laying on the couch thinking about eating something else. I have already polished off chips and salsa, an iced honey bun, and a granola bar since dinner. How does a baby that's 5 inches long and weighs just a few ounces cause me to eat so much?? It's crazy!! :)

I hope y'all had a great Wednesday!!

8 comments:

Julee Turner said...

Thanks for updating about your day since I havent been in town to talk to you to multiple times of the day! I promise I will call you soon! Missing Brody so I may come kidnap him on Monday! :)

Laurie said...

So precious of Brody at the ground breaking. You look a lot like your Dad!

The Allens said...

So fun! Aaron's grandad is a project manager, too, and we are going to go meet him at a site today - can't wait!

Erin said...

You sure had a busy day. Love him in the hard hat!

Lauren Kelly said...

That poor guy, he was worn out. He looks so cute in the hard hat!!! :) He’s precious!!

Rachel Cox said...

I looooooove that you spike his hair. SO cute!!

Alex and Jill said...

That little boy in a hard hat = PRESH!!

Brooke said...

I have been reading your blog since you were pregnant and I love watching Brody grow. He is getting so big. He doesn't look like a baby anymore...he looks like a little boy. I hope I can run like you do when I get pregnant again and have a toddler.