Wednesday, April 14, 2010

MOPS and Brody's Closet

Brody and I went to MOPS at church this morning. We both had a great time. Our craft today were these cute drink coasters. They are just regular tiles from Lowe's and we stamped them with stamps from Hob Lob. I thought they turned out super cute. We all decided that these would make cute, inexpensive gifts. After MOPS, I finished-up my little project in Brody's closet. I had been cleaning out a lot of "baby" things and also getting his closet ready for spring. I saw a cute idea on Sarah's blog the other day. She had found some cute organizing containers at her local Dollar Tree so I decided to hunt around town and see if I could find some and I did! I spent a whopping $7 total to re-organize his closet. I think it's cute and functional!
These blue baskets are what I bought for a dollar each.I used one for bags and travel stuff...things we use to pack Brody's things in when we travel. I used one for bedding. It has extra sheets, mattress covers, etc. I did one for shoes and the other for swim stuff (since summer is around the corner). It has swim suits, toys, and will soon have swim diapers in it. I also got these little baskets for $1 each. I have one for his CDs/DVDs. I used one for pacifiers. I like having them all in central location where we aren't hunting around the house for them. They disappear like socks in a dryer so this seemed like a simple solution to keeping-up with them. I used the last basket for socks.
Now that I have organized all his clothes for spring/summer, I have made a list of things we need to shop for over the next few weeks. I have several things on my list I would like to find. The clothes in his closet are just his nicer clothes that he wears places. I keep his play clothes in a dresser drawer. I have lots of onesies, shorts, etc., that he wears outside. I like to keep those separate from his nicer clothes.
I noticed I have seemed to accumulated a lot of pairs of plaid shorts for Brody...7 to be exact. I think they are so cute on Brody! I kept some button-up shirts for church if we needed them and I also kept 4 or 5 long sleeved onesies/shirts in case we ever had a cool spurt in the next month or so.
I had been using these canvas cubes for his closet for the last year or so. They were labeled but I like that I can see through the blue totes so I have another project that I am going to use the red cubes for. Hopefully, I will get that finished this weekend and can show y'all. I'm an organized person by nature but I am really feeling the need to get every inch of our house organized and de-cluttered before we are adding a 4th person to our family!

17 comments:

The Taffs said...

Wow, those coasters turned out soooo cute! Such a good idea. They would make great gifts.

Call me OCD, but I love the look of an organized closet!

Blissfully Enamored said...

look at all of that hard work!!! his closet looks great! you are way too organized!! :)

hop over ot my blog and check out my new fun giveaway!

Shelley said...

I love it! I can't wait to have a closet to organize! Our apartment doesn't really have closet space so I am loving being able to get ideas from others for when I do have the space!

Hattie said...

Great idea! I might have to make a trip to the dollar store!!!

Kaelin said...

I just bought those exact containers for my kids' toys! They are great to use with a great price!

Walking With The Wheats said...

I need to go to our local Dollar Tree and see what I can come up with. Owen's closet is a disaster!!! Thanks for the pics!!

www.dukeandsarah.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

I love Brody in his little polo and plaid shorts. He is such a prepster! His closet looks so good! About the only thing I keep organized in this house is Harper's closet. I go in and work on it every day. I can't help myself. Plus it's the only room I can trust her to play in for a little while while I work. ha!
So much for the rest of the house....

Erin said...

Love it! I love all his clothes or at least from what I can see I think I would love them! Love all the little polos. Styling man!

Summer said...

Sounds like you are already nesting friend :0)

What super cute ideas for storage and score on $1.00 a piece! I have been trying to find a solution for Kelcee's playroom and I think you just helped me! I am sooo gonna search around the dollar stores! Thanks for the super cute/great idea! I love it!

Looks like Brody has found a new thing to do with the red totes too LOL....good luck getting them away from him Hahahaha :0)

Summer :0)

Cindy said...

Looks like Brody kept himself busy while you cleaned. He is such a cutie pie :)

Janice said...

Hey Jennifer... let me warn you. I made those same exact costers for gifts a year or two ago. I gave them to everybody, and I do mean EVERYBODY. Finally, I made a set for myself. For a few months they worked fine, and then the ink started bubbling off. So I experimented with all kinds of primers and sealers. I didn't find anything that works 100%. So make sure you test them for a while before you make them as gifts. I was really embarassed that I gave crappy coasters to so many people. And if you do find something that works, let me know, please! I do like those stamps though :)
And congrats on baby #2!
Janice

Ashley said...

Girl! I am so behind on MOPS, I need to get back into it! It seems like I have had something everytime it rolls around! Im getting ready for Melissa's shower so I did alot of shopping today!!!!

Love the closet, looks great girl!!!

Robyn Beele said...

I love coasters and Brody's closet looks really good!!

Karen said...

I love the organizers, I really need help in organizing Jillian's closet. Do you have any names picked out yet? I am so excited for you, I can't wait for you to find out the gender. Only a few more weeks!

Karen

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

I love it that you're already "nesting" because I did the same thing! I had grand ideas of a garage sale, but I think I'll just end up with one big Helping Hands trip. His closet looks great!

Shaunda said...

Brody's closet looks wonderful! Any ideas on storing out of season/outgrown clothing?

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Those coasters are adorable - what a great idea! And thanks for the mention on his closet - his looks great and I'm glad to know from an experienced mommy that I'm on track to something that will be practical when he gets here! Oh, and I'm totally on board already with the plaid obsession...I'm going to have to count and see how many he has already...they're just too cute! :)