Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

I hope you are ready for picture overload because that is what you are about to get! :)

Our Easter fun started Friday evening. Josh's parents came up for the night and we went to eat dinner at Doe's. It's our favorite steak place and it did not disappoint! Brody loved the french fries and the fried biscuits. Yes, he ate very healthy that night! Ha!We went back to their apartment and let Brody open his Easter basket from them. You can't see all his goodies but he got a stuffed bunny, 2 books, candy, a ball and a little Polo shirt. Josh and I also got some gifts as well! Saturday morning, we ate breakfast at Cracker Barrell with Josh's family. My camera was dead so I didn't get any pictures of them with Brody. After breakfast they headed home and the three of us were very busy Saturday. It was a fun day and by the time we got home from all our activites and errands we all needed a nap!

Sunday morning Brody woke-up to his basket from the Easter bunny!He got golf clubs, 2 books, a coloring book and crayons, sidewalk chalk, 2 sets of pajamas (he wore one pair to bed Saturday night) and Bunny Mallows in place of candy. :)He had on pajama pants when he went to bed but he woke-up wet so we took them off! Doesn't he look so BIG?!

He busted into the bag of marshmallows as soon as he saw them. He had not had them before but he loved them!

My big boy with his Easter basket from the Easter bunny.

We went to a great service at church and then went to eat lunch with my family at my parents' house. My dad smoked a brisket and my mom made a lot of yummy sides. Jill made the Pioneer Woman's buttered rosemary rolls. They were so good! You all need to try the recipe!

Our little family...

This was the best picture we could get...Little man is a wiggle worm these days!

With my sweetie! I know I look like I'm 7 months pregnant but really I was just very big from lunch!

Brody got another Easter basket from my family! He actually ended up having his things put into two baskets because my mom realized late last night that the dog basket she bought wasn't nearly large enough!


He got so many great things...5 new polos, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 rompers, a swim suit (swim shirt, swim shorts and matching flip flops), 5 pairs of socks, a Magna Doodle, a book and Crayola Bath Dropz.

He wanted my mom to open his new bath dropz. She got some for him at Christmas and they have been a huge hit at our house!

He loved his new Magna Doodle!

My mom did the cutest little Easter gifts for dad, Brandon, Jill, Josh and me! We each got a magazine, a big chocolate bunny and a bag with lots of candy and our favorite drink! I got the Pregnancy magazine. :)

Brody got very excited when he walked-up to the fireplace. I think he thought everything was for him. Haha! His little arms are waving in this picture because he is so excited!

Jill and Me..She had changed out of her dress. Her and Brandon were about to leave and go eat at his parents' house.

This last picture cracks me up! Such the little old man with his tall socks. :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday celebrating Easter!

20 comments:

Megan said...

I love your purple dress!!! Looks like a great Easter. And I love the magazine idea your mom did for gifts!

Erin said...

Very cute . . he is one spoiled little man :)! Where did you get his Easter Bucket?!

Summer said...

Girl you look amazing! I love how the outfits coordinated together! What a great family picture....Love it! Look at all his goodies! I remember when Kelcee first had a marshmallow.....she looooved it! He is so stinkin cute.....That pic of him running in his socks is ha-larious!

What a cute idea your mom did for ya'll with the magazines....love it!!

You will have to post a recipe for those rolls! Pretty please :0)

Glad you had a fab Easter....
xoxo
Summer :0)

Amanda said...

You look awesome! I was actually thinking, she doesn't even look pregnant! :-)
LOVING Brody's outfit. Too cute! I love purple and that sweater is too cute!

Cara Beth said...

Love your purple dress! :)

Alex and Jill said...

You do NOT look 7 months pregnant! You guys are just the cutest in your coordinating outfits.

Little man racked up...love all of his pics! :)

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter!

kelly at keeping up with kelly said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing Easter!!!

LOVE the adorable family picture and that was so cute what your mom did!!


Have a great week

Amanda M. said...

Goodness! That little Brody is SUCH a cutie!

Mallory said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures! Looks like ya'll had a great Easter weekend. Love the last one of little Brody...he's such a cute mess! ;) You do not look 7 months pregnant either! ha!

Todd and Courtney said...

such a sweet update. I loved your dress. The gifts your mom gave to yall are perfect. I love the magazine idea!

Katie said...

Looks like you had a great Easter!!

Jakesmommie said...

I am glad I am not the only one that does a basket for the hubby! He wont let me take a pic of him with it though. Said he doesnt want it to get into the hands of the guys at work! HA!

The Allens said...

This is an awesome post! I am glad you had such a great weekend. And I LOVE Cracker Barrell!

Nancy said...

Your blog is so much fun to read! Your little guy's socks are the cutest! Hope you have a good week!

Ashley said...

What a perfect Easter! ;) LOVE the golf clubs!!!

Mary said...

Such a good family picture--and my favorite picture is the last one of him in his little socks--so so cute. You look great!

Kelly said...

I love that ya'll were in purple on Easter too! You looked so pretty! And Brody is the CUTEST! Love all the Easter goodies!

Aimee Bryan said...

The WHOLE weekend looks like a lovely time! The pix are adorable!a

Lindsey said...

Your mom is too much. I just love her. Hope you guys had a happy holiday!

Faith said...

Boy, Brody racked up, didn't he?!?! Y'all look so cute in your purple. Great pics!!