Monday, April 12, 2010

Dinner with Celebrities

Friday night, Josh surprised me and made dinner reservations at James at the Mill. It used to be one of our favorite places to eat on the weekends when we were engaged and right after we were married. It's one of those places that's never crowded and you can have long, quiet dinners together. I'm not really sure why we haven't gone lately. Probably because we love spending our weekends with Brody so we just haven't made time to go. Either way, I was so excited when he came home from work and told me we were eating dinner there. We dropped Brody off at FNO and headed to eat. There were only 5 other tables occupied at the restaurant so it was really nice. We noticed that there was a little reception/after-hours going on in the downstairs area of the restaurant but we didn't think much of it. As we were looking over the menu, I noticed Josh staring at the door. My back was facing the door so I decided not to turn around and stare with him. I kept asking him who he was staring at but it was like he didn't hear me. Finally, he said, "Apolo Ohno just walked in." I said, "No, he didn't. Why in the world would he be here?" Josh looked at me like I was dumb and said, "Yes he did, look downstairs." I leaned over the rail (we were sitting right next to it so I could see downstairs) and I excitedly said, "Oh my word...Apolo Ohno is downstairs." Haha! We were so excited to be in the same little restaurant with him, but then we found out he wasn't the only celeb there. I kept hearing this voice that sounded really familiar but I couldn't figure out where I had heard it. When I leaned over the rail again I saw Randy Jackson! His voice was the familiar voice I kept hearing. Haha!They were both here for a Walmart/Procter and Gamble event this weekend. P&G was hosting the reception at James at the Mill that evening. I pulled out my camera to take a picture and it died! My iPhone died, too. I know...of all nights! Moral of the story is to never leave the house without your camera and phone batteries being fully charged. :)

Randy stood against the wall so I couldn't get a picture of him without leaning over the rail and possible falling over, but I did get this really bad picture of Apolo with Josh's iPhone.

Apolo was taking a picture of a group singing at the reception in this picture. I told Josh he must be a blogger, too, since he had his camera out! Haha! Josh didn't really think my comment was as funny as I did. :)

Our waiter told us that the group singing was releasing a new single on Saturday. They were a group from Arkansas but they were SOOO good! I cannot imagine how nervous they were to be singing in front of Randy Jackson! I guess it was better than Simon being there.

We had such a great night together. It will definitely be a dinner we will not forget for a while!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG... I would be jumping over that rail! I was all pumped up when I met Stacy London a few months back. What a fun date night!

Christa said...

That is SOO cool! If I was there I would of probably been the girl falling over the rail trying to take a pic! Ha! I'm a huge celebrity stalker! LOL.

The Tesdalls said...

How fun!!!:)

AndreaLeigh said...

I would have been beyond excited to see Apolo. I seriously would have had to restrain myself from running up to him, screaming "Apolo and Julianne! She's single! Marry her!"

I had a wee bit of a couple crush when they were on DWTS together.

Erin said...

oh my goodness how exciting :) Hope you had a good dinner and great conversation as well!

The Allens said...

Was Randy saying "A little Pitchy"? Or is that a bad joke? This sounds like such a fun night and a great date with your husband.

Megan said...

I saw your tweet about this, SO FUN! I have never seen a celebrity in Oklahoma besides Hanson! :-)

M said...

That is so cool!!

Somethings Gotta Give said...

How Fun!!! I never know how to react when I see or meet "celebrities". It is weird to know lots about another person, and they have no idea who I am. HA!

What a fun night!! Glad you found time to have some hubby time, those are the best!!

Have a blessed week!

leigh ashley said...

that's pretty awesome! i don't think i've ever seen anyone famous! how cool!

Carol said...

How cool! I love reading about your adventures on your blog! Your family is just precious!

Faith said...

This is SO cool! Girl, I would have been all over this had I been there. What a fun night y'all had!!

Stephanie said...

We enjoyed James at the Mill for our anniversary last year. So delicious!!! Glad you had a fun date night with the celebs. :)

Jane said...

Ooh! I've never eaten at the restaurant but the chef used to come to Tulsa a lot and cook at some parties and such and it was always FABULOUS! Lucky girl!