Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Names

The question we have been asked most frequently the last several weeks is if we have names picked out for the baby. Up until this week this answer has been no.

Things have been very different this 2nd time around. We have been more laid back and more patient about things. When we were pregnant with Brody, we had a boy name and a girl name by week 9. I found out I was pregnant at 7.5 weeks so you see how quickly we moved! Ha! I had loved the name Brody since college and Josh immediately loved it as well so it was a done deal. :)

This time around we started talking names about week 9 and finally settled on them this week. It was harder to commit this time since we actually had to come-up with names we liked. I wasn't sure if we were ever going to just sit down and choose names. Every time I would bring it up Josh would ask if we could talk about it later since we still had time! Ha! Guys and girls are so different in this area.

In the beginning of the name hunt, I listed some girl names I really liked that Josh totally would not go for. He said some girl names that I totally would not go for as well. I really wish we could have named her Frances Francis but that wouldn't work so we had to keep thinking. :) We finally realized we loved one name. It was our girl name when we were pregnant with Brody and it is again our very favorite. If we have a daughter, her name will be...

Jillian Kate

Jillian means. "youthful" and Kate means "pure". We will call her Jillian. My sister's name is Jill, not Jillian so this shouldn't be confusing since we call her Jillian. We love this name so much. It is so sweet, girly and timeless. I think it sounds like a little girl's name but is also very fitting for her as she grows. We didn't plan this but if we do have a daughter, all 4 of us will have first names that begin with the letter J, as Brody's first name is Joshua. We will be like the Duggars with all our J names, minus 17 children, of course! :)

The boy name has been much harder for us to chose. We had a list of several names we liked. First, we started liking names that began with the letter "T". Then, we talked and decided that another boy with "B" name would be cute since we have Brody. We had 2 "B" names we really liked. I told Josh I wanted him to pick. I just feel like that if we have another boy they are "his" boys. I wanted them both to have names he loved. Names that he thought would be great sports names...you know, the important things when naming your children! Ha! This weekend, Josh chose the boy name. If we have a son, his name will be...

Beau Turner

Beau means, "beautiful and handsome." I think it is such a sweet name. Turner was one of our "T" names we loved. It means "worker." I had never really thought about using Turner for a boy until I did that post on the wall decals in January and this was one of the boy names on a decal I liked. We have some friends from church who have 4 boys and all have "T' names. One is named Turner so I have always thought it was a cute, cute name.

I just wanted to share our names. I learned quickly to wait until we had them picked out before we shared them with anyone. It's amazing how everyone suddenly has an opinion. Ha! When I was at my 11 week appointment, my doctor and her nurse were asking us about baby names. I told them our list of 4 or 5 boy names and my sweet nurse said she like Beau best because her husband's name is Beau and her son's name is Brody! Ha!

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this sweet child that will be our Beau or our Jillian!

Hope you have a great Wednesday!!!

62 comments:

Mallory said...

Ahhh! I love them! :) Jillian's always been a favorite of mine!

Mallory said...

PS--I'm also doing a giveaway if you are interested! http://mallorybthompson.blogspot.com/2010/04/1st-giveaway.html

Amber said...

Both names are great! I love the name Jillian too and want to name my daughter that (when I have one). But I don't think my husband will go for that b/c then we would be Bill, Will & Jill!
www.dixondialogue.com

Faith said...

Love, love, love!!! Can't wait to see if you'll have a sweet Jillian or a sweet Beau!

Stephanie said...

Very cute names! Love it.

Kelly said...

LOVE the names!! Precious! I can picture both a cute little Beau or a sweet little Jillian in your family! Either way will be perfect! Thanks for sharing with "us"!

Anne said...

Precious names!! Can't wait to find out if you'll have a Jillian Kate or a Beau Turner. So exciting!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I really like them both - classic and timeless. You could totally picture a Beau or Jillian years from now, a name that will grow with them.

Mrs. Hesson said...

Love them both :)

Kimberly said...

I LOVE both names!! good choices!

Superchikk said...

Those are great names! Love them!

Lauren Kelly said...

love love love the names!!! Perfect!! :)

Sarah said...

Both are great! I just love Jillian! And I'm not sure Beau would have ever crossed my mind but I really like it too! Another big item marked off your list! :)

Sarah Broadus said...

LOVE the names! We have an Aubrie Kate. Kate is just so classic, I love it!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I love love love the names. Jillian Kate or Beau Turner will be so loved!

Katie said...

Can't wait to see if you have a little Jillian or Beau growing inside!! Love both names.

Megan said...

Love the names!! So excited for you!! Can't wait to find out if its a Jillian or Beau in there!

Michele Jackson said...

Love both names. My Beau spells his name the same way, Beau. Love it!

Mandi said...

They are both really great names and I'm glad you posted their meanings as well.

rootedinlove said...

I love them!! I'm a teacher and I have a precious Jillian in my class and we call her Jilly. :) Thanks for letting us follow along with your pregnancy, I hope to see you this Sat in ATL!

Shannon Starck said...

I love both names, so perfect for you beautiful family. The week or two before you find out the sex is so nerve wrecking because you just want to know already!!!

Christa said...

What cute names!!!

Taylor said...

Ahhhh...I LOVE them both!! Jillian Kate is absolutely precious and one of my best friends name is Jillian!! And Beau Turner is cute and boyish, but also manly and sounds like a baseball player! Can't wait to see which one it will be!

NINA said...

I'm a new reader. I was introduced to your blog through Kelly & Erin @ Blue-Eyed Bride. What wonderful choices for names!! A great blend of unique and classic. I have a cousin, Jilly!

I look forward to following along. xx Nina

Mallory said...

I really like Beau, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jillian Kate! Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Mrs. Williams said...

I really like both of the names. ALthough, Beau is just super cute to me for a boy's name.

Karah said...

love love love your names! I especailly love the girl name. Im secretely hoping you are having a girl. I can't wait for you to announce what your having. :)

Jodi Lansink said...

I read your log all the time, and have never commented, but had to when I saw you picked out the name Jillian! We lost our baby girl just 9 months ago, Jillian Grace...so when I saw you picked that name it made me smile, and brought a tear to my eye! Congrats---you have a beautiful family and can't wait to hear if this little one is a boy or a girl! We are also expecting another little girl in 4 weeks(but keeping the name a secret until she arrives!)

christina said...

Okay- Im new to your blog and totally confused. Your son's name is Joshua Brody but you call him Brody & if you have a boy his name will be Beau? What will his first name be if you want them to match, just curious? Cute names by the way!

Kelly said...

Cute, picking names is the fun part!

Rachel said...

What beautiful names! THey are both timeless and good for any age. Nice choices :)

Sara said...

I love both names! Thanks for sharing.

Linds said...

so cute!

Jill said...

Well, I just love it but I am sure you can figure out why...lol... but honestly both names are adorable!!

Lisa said...

I love both!!! Jillian was a runner up name for Keegan so of course I love that! Turner is a great middle name, different and I love it!

Rebekah said...

Love them both!

Traci said...

Cute names! Beau & Brody would be supercute!!!

Erin said...

very cute choices!! I love them both :)

Katie said...

Love the names...especially Beau...but I had reasons I couldn't use that for mine...or else I totally would have!! Great name!!

Karen said...

I love the names Jennifer, especially Jillian! LOL, perhaps I am just biased! I do remember you telling me that this was your favorite girl name, I am so glad to hear that it still is! Beau is adorable too!!!

Karen

The Allens said...

I love Frances Francis! He wouldn't go for that???

Julee Turner said...

I really love that Beau will be named after his aunt Juju Turner! haha! Either way one of it's aunts (me or jill)will be happy! Just teasing! I love both names and I can totally see it going either way...I am really ready to know!

Robyn Beele said...

I have a student name Gillian with a G and I love the name!

Aimee said...

Jillian was one of the names we had picked out for our little girl but we decided on Maycee Belle. Love Jillian though! It is so classic! And Beau is really cute too!

Courtney said...

I love both names. Can't wait to see what you are having.

Carie said...

Too sweet! Love them both! And you're so right about the opinions. We are thinking of having a second child, and my husband says we have to pick names before I get pregnant (he says I come up with crazy names when I'm pregnant). My mom really doesn't like our boy name and will not leave it alone! So frustrating! But Beau and Jillian are precious!

Cindy said...

Great names! How exciting!!

Lana said...

Both names are beautiful! I can't wait to hear what you are having!

Summer said...

What awesome name choices! I just love Jillian so pretty girlie, and elegant PERFECT!!

I really like the name Beau too....oh and I love the spelling!

I cannot wait to hear wht ya'll are having!

P.S. you look amazing in your pregnancy photo yesterday....

I just love your necklace and your dress....

Have a Great Evening

xoxo

Summer

KatyBug said...

I love Jillian SO MUCH that I am thinking of stealing it! My name is katy and our son's name is Jaden. I always hate baby name stealers but, seriously Jennifer, this one is just BEAUTIFUL! Please don't hate my name stealing ways! :)

amyandcarltonwatt said...

I LOVE both names! My son's name is John Turner(we call him by both names). Turner is my maiden name and my husband's middle name so we had to use it for our son! It is also my husband's father's and grandfather's middle name as well! Since our son has a "J" name I have always said if I ever have a girl she will have a "J" name too! I love Jillian, Juliana, and Juliane! I can't wait to find out what you are having! I read your blog and Kelly's blog often! I love how stylish you Arkansas women are!! I am a Mississippi girl!

Warf pary of 3 said...

LOVE THEM BOTH!! Your looking GREAT!!

Amanda M. said...

Love both of those names!

Patty said...

Love the names Jennifer! I know whether if he/she is Beau or Jillian....he/she will be one beautiful baby! You and Josh could NOT be a cuter couple!! Best wishes and can't wait to find out what the baby is!

Patty from TX

Sarah said...

I really love both names so much!! Great choices!! I am so impressed that you have had names so early with both your little ones! When my daughter was born we still hadn't completely decided!! If we would have had a boy, we would have been in real trouble, too!!

I was thinking of you last night when they said on the news that we were getting 3 Chick-Fi-A's near us soon. We don't have any and I have never had it before!!

PHARES CAUSEY said...

Beautiful!

Leigh said...

Love your names! That is so cute that you had to have a good sports name if it was a boy. That is exactly what we talked about when we picked our boy name. We chose Aiden James and we thought we would call him AJ. But he is 3 and we have never called him that. :) So hopefully, "Touchdown, Aiden Evans" will sound ok! :)

If its a boy, maybe they will play for the Hogs together! :)

Heather said...

I LOVE those names!!! One of my bible study girls was named Jillian Kate and I just think it is gorgeous!!! And I LOVE Beau and Brody together!!!! Great choices! I cannot wait to find out....I know you can't either!

Twinkletoes said...

I love the names you selected! Thanks for sharing!

Cassie said...

Both are cute! I am partical to "B" names as well...my sons name is Brennen! Not to much longer and you will able to findout!!

Sarah said...

i love the name Jillian Kate! So cute! Jillian is definitely a name that "grows" with you! :)

Beth McC. said...

What a fun post! I love your baby name picks! Jillian Kate is precious! Your blog is too cute! Hope you have a great weekend!