Monday, April 26, 2010

Atlanta

This weekend, I went to Atlanta with some friends for a Beth Moore conference. I had been looking forward to this weekend away for several months!

Friday, the 5 of us headed to the Branson airport to fly to Atlanta. I had such a wonderful time with these sweet girls! I laughed all weekend long! They are hilarious!!!Amanda, Hillary, Me, Laurie, and Kelly

When we arrived in Atlanta, we were picked-up at the airport by 3 of our bloggy friends...Faith, Caroline and Jenna! I was so excited to finally meet these girls in person. It was like we had all known each other forever. We left the airport and headed straight to eat at The Varsity. We had a great time talking and eating! I might have eaten two cheeseburgers and fries. I was starving after the flight and the burgers were really small. One of the girls asked me if I really got two cheeseburgers and I said, "Yes...one for me and one for the baby!" :)We headed back to the hotel to hang out. I visited with Megan, Erin, Dina, and Rachel. We had a lot of fun chatting!!! I didn't get any pictures with these girls because we were always in our pajamas when we hung out!

Saturday, we got up early and headed to see Beth Moore! It was a wonderful conference. I think it was my 5th time to attend one of her conferences. They are always awesome!Amanda, Mandi, and Me

I loved getting to visit with Mandi during breaks at the conference. She has been a blog friend since before Brody was born and I just love her. She is exactly as I imagined her but even sweeter in person..if that's even possible! Ashley and Betsy (mom and daughter) sat in front of us at the conference. They are the cutest! I love Betsy blog and I hope I'm as cute as her when my kids are grown. :) They were such joys to be around. Caroline and Jenna

They are soooo fun! I loved spending the weekend with them and I am so THANKFUL that Jenna drove us all over Atlanta. She was great!Me and Caroline

After the conference, we headed to eat at Copeland's. They sat us in a back room at one big table so we were all able to eat and visit! It was the perfect ending to such a great day!My college friend, Terri, lives in the Atlanta area. She also met us for dinner. She is so funny! I loved getting to see her. I think it had been almost 3 years since we had seen each other. Terri, Jenna, Me Mandi, Faith and Caroline

We got up early Sunday and headed to the airport. Our sweet friends dropped us off before heading their separate ways. We hated to say good-bye. Our weekend with them went by too quickly! We loved every minute of our time with them. The 5 of us got on a plane and fly back to Branson. We ate lunch at my favorite restaurants in Branson, then got into the car for our two hour drive home. Me and Kelly at lunch.
We were all so tired at this point!

Amanda, Hillary and Laurie

I am so thankful for Josh. He did a wonderful job being Mr. Mom this weekend. I am almost positive that Brody didn't miss me for one second. He had such a great time with his daddy. I am so thankful for the time away with friends this weekend. It couldn't have been more fun! It was so neat to have so many bloggers in one place. It really was a perfect weekend!

26 comments:

Mary said...

You can tell y'all just had the best time. And no doubt you felt encouraged after hearing Beth! You look so cute as usual...

I'm giving away a pair of baby shoes this week on my blog-you could get a neutral color??? Ha!

Walking With The Wheats said...

I just LOVE reading your blog! You guys are all so cute! I missed pics of Brody on this post :(

Heather said...

I am so sad that I wasn't able to come. Hopefully there will be a "Part Two" next year!! :)

Kelly said...

I am sooooooooooooooo glad you went! I had so much fun with you! :-)

Lauren Kelly said...

I am sooo glad I got to meet you! Wish we could have chatted more! Glad you ladies had such a great time!! :)

Mrs. Hesson said...

What an amazing weekend! Very cute pictures :)

Jess :) said...

So incredibly FUN!! Love the re-cap, especially since you got such neat pictures! Glad you were able to have a 'girl's weekend' away! :) Those are always a MUST!

Rebekah said...

I am so glad ya'lls trip was so much fun! It makes me wish I was there!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

So glad you had fun! It looks like it was a blast. Can't wait to hear more about it and maybe catch it on the web myself. Do you have any tips for how to stop hitting? My sweet girl has started hitting her friends. AHHHH! Obviously this is not acceptable. Thanks!

Mary said...

glad you had a great time!! i so would have eatin two cheeseburgers too :)

Erin said...

Love all the pictures! Sounds like an amazing weekend!

amy (metz) walker said...

I saw you at the conference but didn't get a chance to get over and meet you! I went to OBU and knew that you looked familiar but hadn't put it all together until I read Kelly's last post.

Sounds like you had a great time!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

loved getting to meet you! it was a great weekend and i'm so excited for your family for the next edition to arrive.

Ashley said...

How great was this trip!!! Sounds like you girls had a blast! And you look adorable! =)

So sorry I can't make lunch tomorrow, but would love to catch up with you again soon!

HUGS! And hope you and baby pea are feeling good!!!

Brittany said...

What a fun weekend you all had! I can't wait to read Beth's book! It's been bumped up to #1 on my summer reading list!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had fun!

What is your favorite restaurant in Branson?

I totally intend on using the "one for me, one for the baby" excuse when I get pregnant! When else can we ladies eat as much as we want and not feel guilty?! ;)

John said...

I LOVED meeting you this weekend! I had such a great time! I can't wait to hear about your little cutie! : ) Next time we go to a conference, I'm sitting in front of you again! haha
-Ashley Scott

Kyle and Amy said...

Hey Girl! It was great seeing you at the conference! I wish we could have gotten a picture taken together but maybe our paths will cross again one day.... I really enjoy reading your blog and I will be praying for you and this pregnancy. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I have alot of problems that are interferring and making that incredibly difficult. I have Chronic Endometriosis and Chronic Interstitial Cystitis. In all the pain I'm in I know that I serve a mighty God and He is the Great Physician and is worthy of all my praise on the good days and even on the not so good days. This conference was amazing for me and I know it was for you too! I'm so glad that the Lord speaks through women like Beth Moore. She is such a blessing!

Again it was great seeing you and I hope to keep in touch!

Amy from GA :)
www.findingjoythroughmyjourney.blogspot.com
www.asouthernlove.blogspot.com

Faith said...

Such a great weekend! I'm so thankful for the time we were able to hang out - you girls from AR are just as cute and funny in person as I thought you'd be! Seeing all these pics are making me miss everyone. Looking forward to the reunion!!

Betsy said...

Ok Jennifer...I knew you were precious from reading your blog, but I love you even more after getting to hang out with you!! What a sweet and beautiful girl you are!! I just had the best time talking to you this weekend!! Hope you have a great week...I know your boys missed you! xoxoxo

Lana said...

It looks like you had a blast!

Aishlea and Brandon said...

Jennifer, it was so nice to meet you this weekend. Glad you all had such a great girls trip! :)

Rachel said...

I just found your blog and love it! Brody is so cute!

Megan said...

Thanks for coming! I had fun!

Aimee said...

It was so nice to meet you! When I got home, I told my husband that I met a couple of girls whose blogs that I read. I also told him that my words were getting jumbled up and I couldn't get out what I was trying to say. He touched my arm and said "babe, that's been happening a lot to you lately". Apparently, not only can I not remember anything but I have also lost my ability to hold a conversation! LOL! Thank goodness I can at least be "secure" in it now!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I found your blog through Rachel and ya'lls cute bloggy get together! THEN, I see you know Terri, how funny! We went to high school and cheered together :) Small world!