Tuesday, April 27, 2010

18 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 18 Weeks 1 day
Size of baby: 5.5 inches long and weighs 7 ounces. He or she is the size of a bell pepper!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 6lbs
Maternity Clothes: I can still wear my normal jeans and clothes as of right now but I wore my maternity jeans on the way home from Atlanta Sunday so I was sitting in an airport and plane most of the day. I would to make sure I would be comfortable all day. They were so comfy!
Gender: ??? We find out next Monday!
Movement: Yes! I am starting to feel them more frequently during the day now.
Food Cravings: Just food!!
What I miss: I really can't say I miss a thing other than uninterrupted sleep.
Sleep: I'm sleeping ok other than the dreams that wake me up nightly.
Symptoms: Crazy dreams! I only have been sick one day in the past week! Yay!!!
Best Moment this week: Brody kissed my belly this week and said, "aww babeeee!" Up until this week he would just wave at my belly. :)
What I am looking forward to: Our appointment next Monday! We will hopefully find out we are having healthy baby and find out the gender as well!
We are planning on having a gender reveal party next Monday night after our big ultrasound for our family and close friends. Brody and I have been doing a little shopping the past couple of days for some pink and blue things for the party! It has been so much fun!
Here are just a few pictures of Brody from this morning. He sat in his crib and read while I took a shower and got ready to go meet some friends for lunch!


Hope you all are having a great week!

23 comments:

Amanda said...

I had horrible dreams this pregnancy. From 9-16 weeks or so I would wake up 2-3 times a night, sometimes I couldn't go back to sleep. Horrible, graphic, VIOLENT dreams and I was hating to go to bed at night. So I took half doses of Tylenol PM every night, just one pill. I slept soundly enough not to dream I guess, I was so happy when they stopped!!

Melissa said...

You are seriously the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen!! I can't wait to hear the gender reveal. I'm voting for girl!

Trumbo Family said...

Tylenol pm helped me too-just one pill was enough. Sometimes my dreams were scary but most of the time they were just REALLY bizarre! They went away...now I just can't sleep! :) Seeing Dr. S tomorrow!

Christa said...

You are too cute! Bet you can't wait to find out the sex of the baby!

A Wedding Story said...

You look precious. I am throwing a gender reveal for a girlfriend in a few weeks. Target had some great pink and blue items in the dollar section...like cute little blue and pink pails that you can write on with paint pens and personalize them for your guests! Love it!

Leslie Lambert said...

I vote girl. :)

Amanda said...

You look great! I love the one with you and Brody. So cute! I'm still thinking boy.

Mallory said...

I'm thinking girl. PLEASE post as soon as you know after your party. I will be crazy wanting to know! ;) The pictures of Brody are just too cute!

Me said...

I love the bite marks on top of Brodys crib! haha!

Also, where did you get those adorable bumpers for Brodys crib. My mother in law is setting up a nursery at her house and was looking at doing an animal theme?

Linds said...

you don't even look pregnant! and I wish my son would just sit in his crib-- unless he's in there to sleep, he'll just scream. LOUD.

Katie said...

THe other day I was on the phone with my sister Kelly, who is expecting her first baby. She is 17 wks along and has only gained about 4 pounds. She eats good (really good), is sick but not THAT sick, so she has been worried that something is wrong...worried about why she isn't gaining that much weight. So I made her get on your blog the other night and look at your stats! :o) haha! She felt so much better after seeing you and your weight stats!! :o)

Mary said...

ask brody if he thinks the baby is a boy or girl (kids usually are right) my son ALWAYS said "its a baby brother" and when i would ask him if he was having a sister he wold say "no way, BROTHER!!" he was right :)

Lauren Kelly said...

I so cannot wait to find out what you are having… I know the party is going to be sooo cute!!! :)

Alex and Jill said...

A gender reveal party is such a great idea...how much fun!

I'm so glad you weren't sick on the trip to ATL. Except the whole Bar-B-Q on the plane thing. LOL

Brody is so cute "reading" his books. :)

The Allens said...

I LOVE Gender Reveal parties! YAY! AND it is awesome that Brody will just sit in his crib for you!

Ashley said...

I can't wait! Girl, you look gorgeous! I can't believe you are almost 5 months. I hope I look that good. :)

And that is so cute that Brody waves and has started talking to his baby brother or sister. My niece would yell at the top of her lungs into her mother's bellybutton, like it was a microphone. I guess she wanted to make sure he baby brother could hear. ;)

Rebekah said...

I can't wait until Monday! I will be in Fayetteville, too! You look amazing!

Erin said...

How Cute! Can't wait to hear what you are having and see the details of the reveal party!

Mallory said...

Jennifer--I gave your blog an award, visit my blog at http://mallorybthompson.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunshine-award.html if you want to see about it! :)

Betsy said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl...I think I look more pregnant than you do and you're 18 weeks!! Something is wrong with this picture. haha

I can't wait to find out what you're having! Yay! So exciting. :)

Mark and Emily said...

I just found your blog through Mallory and the "sunshine award." So cute :) I became a follower!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I found your blog through Rachel and ya'lls cute bloggy get together!

Beth Ann said...

Yay Jennifer! That game will be too cute - what an exciting way to reveal Frank or Frannie Francis ;)