Monday, April 12, 2010

16 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:
16 Weeks
Size of baby: 4-5 inches long and weighs 3-5 ounces. He or she is the size of an avocado!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 6lbs
Maternity Clothes: Not yet but my skinny jeans wouldn't button on Saturday without me almost cutting off circulation to my legs so I know I'm growing. :) I bet I have to pull out the Bella Band in a few more weeks!
Gender: ??? I still am leaning towards a girl. I just have a "girl" feeling!
Movement: Yes! I am starting to feel them more frequently, especially at night.
Food Cravings: I can honestly say that I haven't craved anything this week...well, anything except food. I'm hungry all the time!
What I miss: I really can't say I miss a thing other than uninterrupted sleep.
Sleep: I'm sleeping ok other than the dreams that wake me up nightly.
Symptoms: Still getting sick some. I also have started snoring when I sleep. I know...really attractive. I did the same thing when I was pregnant with Brody, then it stopped after he was born. It's really embarrassing that it's so loud. It wakes me up sometimes because it scares me! Haha!
Best Moment this week: People have really started to notice my belly this week and I think it's so fun!
What I am looking forward to: Enjoying the 2nd trimester! I have so much more energy and I feel almost 100% better than I have for the past 10 weeks!

The picture above is a little deceiving. While I am noticeably pregnant, I think the dress adds to the size of the belly a little. Here is a picture of me this morning in my workout clothes. I took it with my phone in Brody's bathroom mirror , so it's not the best quality but I think you can still see what I mean. There is a little belly there though! :)
For fun, I thought I would show you my 16 week picture with Brody.

I told some friends this weekend that I feel like I'm embracing my pregnant body this time around much earlier than I did last pregnancy. Last time I think I was worried I was too big at 16 weeks or that I was gainning too much weight. I had only gained 2lbs at this point last time. Ha! I think I love food more this time around so it helps add to the baby belly! :)

27 comments:

Lisa said...

awwwh you have a little bump now! So cute!!!

Mary said...

aww i love your little belly! Happy 16 weeks!! I am 37 weeks today and ready to BURST!!!

M said...

AW! So cute!

Brittany said...

You are so tiny girl!! Your baby bump does look a little bigger in the dress, but looks cute in all the pictures!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Cute! I love the dress too. Your date night sounds extra fun with all the celebrities!

Erin said...

Your so cute! It doesnt even look like you have gained any weight just a tiny little baby belly :)

Mallory said...

You look great! The dress must be deceiving because you don't look that big at all in your workout clothes! Your necklace is bigger than you belly! (I love it!) Love your weekly updates and I'm feeling girl too...can't believe you are already 16 weeks!

The Allens said...

You look great! I had a very hard time embracing my changing body with Aaron. I said that I wished I had enjoyed it more.

I have no idea what a Bella Band is.

Faith said...

What an adorable baby bump! You are just precious and so is that little life growing inside. Great update!

Summer said...

You look great and have the cutest little baby bump! Girl I snored when I was pregnant with Kelcee and the hubs said he wanted to record it one night it was so loud hahahahaha! I don't snore now....but I sure did when I was pregnant!

I think you are having a girl too!
I used the Bella Band when I was pregnant with Kelcee....

xoxo
Summer :0)

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady ever!! You look fabulous!

With my first, I don't think I realized how quickly it would go by (though, at the time it didn't seem quick.) The next time around, I want to "enjoy" as much as possible that round belly!!

Good luck with # 2!

Ashley said...

I was HUGE at 16 weeks, hehe!!! ;) You sure do look fabulous sweet girl!!! BIG HUGS, I miss you!!!

Megan said...

Snoring?!?! I'm not sharing a room with you in ATL! Haha j/k! Love that cute little bump!

Megon said...

You look so adorable!

佩昭彥怡 said...

失意人前,勿談得意事;得意人前,勿談失意事。..................................................

The Kinards! said...

I love it! Your little belly is too cute! I love how our pregnancies are almost one week apart, it's fun to follow your pregnancy!!

Me said...

So cute! I see a bump for sure!

Tiffany said...

You are so cute! I love the black dress with the big teal necklace. We are trying to get pregnant so I love reading about your pregnancy experiences!

Juls said...

You seriously have the cutest baby bump ever!! I also am hoping girl!!

Ashley said...

I have a girl feeling for you, too! *lol* I think it's because it would be so cute for Brody to have a little sister... :)

Adge said...

your little belly is so cute

Jenn said...

Aww look at your cute little baby bump! You should try this Chinese Gender Prediction Chart! It's proven to be over 90% accurate. It was accurate with me, my sister, and my friends :)

http://www.thebump.com/calculators/ChineseGenderChart.aspx

ty said...

you are all tummy and so cute!

Cindy Lee said...

You are so cute pregnant! I can only pray that I look as cute as you do!

Alex and Jill said...

You are just the cutest! I'm fairly certain I had gained WAY MORE than 6 lbs at 16 weeks. HA! Enjoy it girl. :)

And I woke myself up snoring while pregnant too!

krislyn. said...

girl, your too cute! i know for a fact when the day comes and I am 16 weeks preggers, I will not look as good as you. ;-)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

You are sooo tiny & cute!! You make a precious pregnant girl. :) I can't believe it's so close to finding out the gender...yeah!! :)