Monday, April 5, 2010

15 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 15 Weeks
Size of baby: 4 inches long and weighs 2.5 ounce. He or she is the size of an apple!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: No weight gain this past month so still 6lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet
Gender: ??? Don't forget to vote on the poll on the side!
Movement: Yes! Little flutters! I am starting to feel them more frequently.
Food Cravings: Sour things! Yum!
What I miss: Diet Coke and sleeping without dreaming crazy dreams all night long! :)
Sleep: I'm sleeping really well other than the dreams that wake me up nightly.
Symptoms: I am still getting sick but it is much better. I only got sick multiple times on Friday. Other than that, it's just once a day or not at all. The frequent bathroom trips are the biggest symptom right now! I feel like I spend half my day in the bathroom and I know it will only get worse! Ha!
Best Moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat at our appointment today and seeing the baby on the ultrasound!
What I am looking forward to: Just being pregnant!

My doctor did an ultrasound today for fun to see if we could tell the gender of the baby. Our 19 week ultrasound isn't until May but we thought it might be fun to know a little early. The umbilical cord was between the baby's legs blocking the area we needed to see so we aren't sure what is behind it! Ha! We are not upset at all that we couldn't tell. We are just so thankful the baby looked perfectly healthy! He/she has grown so much in 7 weeks. My doctor commented on how long the baby's legs were and I was shocked when I saw them. Brody had long legs but the legs on this baby's are out-of-control long! The baby turned his/her face so we could see it from the front. I melted. I am just in love. Getting to watch our baby move around was so amazing to see.

Hope you all had a great Monday coming off of your Eaaster candy sugar highs! :)

21 comments:

Christa said...

You look great! Your glowing! Happy y'all had a good appt. today!

Amanda said...

So happy everything is going well! Can't wait to find out if Brody is getting a brother or a sister!

Lana said...

I'm so glad everything is going great! It is such an amazing feeling watching your baby move on the ultrasound!

kelly at keeping up with kelly said...

You are glowing
You look so cute!!!

Katie said...

So glad your appointment went well. ; ) Good to see you!

Jess :) said...

Looking just great!!! So thankful the appointment went well and that he/she is healthy! Looking forward to finding out, though!!!!! :)

Heather said...

Jennifer- You are so beautiful on the inside AND out!!! Can't wait to find out pink or blue!!! I voted girl but I am not sure what I think!!!! Either way will be wonderful!!!

Erin said...

What a nice doctor!!! :) I hope you have better luck at 19 weeks!

Summer said...

You look so great girly! You are glowing! When I was pregnant I craved lots of sour things....I loved Simply Lemonade and I drank ALOT of it....hmmmm maybe your having a girl....I did....

I am thinking you might be....that is what I have been voting :0)

xoxo
Summer ;0)

Jennifer said...

I'm still saying it's a girl...I had the wackiest dreams w/my little girl too. That plus the sour craving = girl IMO! lol

You look great!

Katie said...

So exciting! My vote is another boy!!

(And I seriously dreamed the CRAZIEST dreams when I was pregnant! I could not wait for that part to end!)

Angie said...

You look great!!! How fun and exciting to see the baby again...that is too funny about the legs! It will be fun to see the next u/s!

Your Easter pictures are adorable! Brody looked so handsome!!

Have a great week!!

Nina said...

I love hearing your story. I am 40 and still single and so unfortunately I will probably never experience what you are. :( It is fun to live vicariously through you. :)

Julie said...

It is great to hear the pregnancy is going so well. I love the ultrasound story!

The 3 of you look so nice in your Easter picture! Brody is growing up!!

Stephanie said...

I know you are dying to find out what it is. :) I love hearing those fast heart beats. Isn't it amazing???

Mallory said...

You look fabulous! Love hearing your story! :)

Amanda M. said...

Aww, you're just radiant! God bless! :)

Lisa said...

so sweet!!!I can't believe you are 15 weeks already!!! YAY!

Kasey said...

I am 19 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and it is a girl!!!!! We are tickled pink! We have 3 boys that are 7,5,and almost 3. I am craving sour things this time so bad. Maybe you are having a girl too!

Robyn Beele said...

I am glad the little one is doing well! You are so lucky you get so many ultrasounds. I only had 2 the whole time! Love every moment!

The Kinards! said...

How exciting!! We haven't had an ultrasound since I was 6weeks, and when we have another we'll be 19weeks and finding out the sex! How amazing it will be to see the baby go from a "blob" to having body parts!! I'm hoping you have a little girl! :) CONGRATS again!! I love your blog!