Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring in NW Arkansas!

Yesterday was the first day of Spring and it was also Josh's birthday. It will be a birthday he never forgets! This is the first time it has snowed on his birthday and it snowed about a foot of snow!

Friday was so nice! It was 70 degrees. I wore a t-shirt with my jeans and flips flops, then Saturday afternoon it started to flurry. Then it started to snow really hard and when we woke-up this morning we found almost a foot of snow. It's the biggest snow I have seen in the almost 3 years I have lived here and it's MARCH! Here are just a few pictures from this morning. It is supposed to continue snowing the rest of the day and into the evening so we will probably have a few more inches.

Welcome to Spring time in Arkansas! :)



This is what I saw when I opened our garage door to go outside. The snow was just piled up on the driveway!

You cannot even see the sidewalk when you walk. The snow is so deep!

The roads have a good amount of snow on them, too. Josh got out early to get bread since we didn't go to Walmart yesterday with everyone else in town. We just never believed it would snow this much. He said the roads were pretty nasty!

The snow drifts piled-up against our windows and our fence!I always measure the snow on our patio table anytime it snows. It was 10 inches this morning but it is still snowing!The snow is up really high along the fence. Our fence is 6 foot tall but it looks a lot shorter in spots because of the snow drifts!

I will try to get some more pictures today. I had no idea this was going to happen. They said maybe 2-5 inches...not 10 plus so we are all amazed by the amount of snow!

Hope you are having a great Sunday and I hope it's warm and Spring-like where you live!

27 comments:

Kimberly said...

Its Spring like here in New Jersey! Enjoy the snow!

Sarah Wyland said...

I can't believe Arkansas is getting so much snow. My aunt lives in the same part of Arkansas and her kids are furious - apparently this snow is really putting a crimp in their soccer plans. Stay warm - drink some hot cocoa!

Mallory said...

So sorry your spring has turned to that! :P I just missed it in south central Missouri...thank goodness!

Summer said...

It's like 70's here! Wow girly that's alot of snow! Hope you have a fab day

Summer :0)

Melissa said...

That totally blow my mind! I hope all that mess is heading towards Memphis! It's about 20 degrees colder here than it was yesterday though.

Amanda said...

The most snow we've ever had in Chattanooga was in march, 21 inches. I think I was 12. It was just like that, 70 one day and snow the next!

Sonya said...

I can't believe you have so much snow! It's crazy!

Walking With The Wheats said...

Isn't it crazy! I can't believe it either, seriously, its MARCH!!

Love your blog :) I am a recent follower and I found it through my cousin, Ashley's Avenue....Life on Linam Lane!

I love your blog makeover too, I "ordered" mine, patiently waiting, getting antsy!!

Taylor said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sick of the snow! So irritating that we go from flip flop weather to snow boot weather in a matter of 24 hours! Hopefully tomorrow when the sun comes out and it warms up to the 50s like it's supposed to it'll all melt away!!

M.A. said...

I can't believe you have this much snow!!! Hope you don't get cabin fever today - especially Brody!! Stay warm!!

Heather said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!! We only have cold and rain here in central AR....but my parents have all that snow in Oklahoma, too. SO CRAZY!! Hope you have a warm and snuggly day inside!!

Lauren Kelly said...

Soooo crazy!!!!! Blows this Florida girl's mind, haha!!! :) Stay warm!

Erin said...

Welcome spring . . you keep that snow because we are liking the nice weather in MN :) It will be a birthday he never forgets thats for sure!!

Kaitlin said...

Those pictures you took are beautiful! This is coming from a Florida girl who rarely gets to see snow! Wish we could trade places! :)

Laurie said...

That's the craziest thing I've ever seen!!! I think we had a few snowflakes here in Cent. AR, but lots of nasty rain!!! I hope all this stops before I head that way later this week! Can't wait to see you guys!

elainaann said...

Though I'm not a huge fan of the rain we are getting here in central AR, I'm sure glad it isn't snow.

Beth said...

Holy snow Batman! It was 70 degrees and the sun was shining here in TN yesterday, but today it's raining and only 58 degrees :( Happy belated birthday!

Domestic Goddess said...

girl! your backyard looks like mine!!!

The Wife said...

I am so behind but I am so excited that y'all are having another baby!! Yayyyy!!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

Oh my goodness! That's a lot of snow for Arkansas!! Hope it melts for you soon!

Mary said...

WOW! to go from 70 degrees to snow is crazy!
on our first day of spring in South Carolina it was 80 degrees!

K.V. Writes said...

If it's any consolation (probably not since you're wishing it would be warmer there!) we're still getting 30 degree days celsius here in Canberra, Australia, when normally I'd be getting ready to pull out the winter woolies! I'm soo over summer and can't wait for the cooler weather! Guess that climate change is really mucking things up! Enjoy the snow!
Kirsty

Jennifer said...

Oh that is too funny!! I live in NW Pennsylvania and we had a sunny 65 degree day today. We should be the ones getting the snow, not you.

-Jennifer

Amanda M. said...

This is just totally the UPSIDE-DOWN Winter!
That is normal for us here in WI and we haven't seen that kind of snow in quite a while now! ha! Crazy!
My husband left this morning for work in Texas. It was 46 degrees here in WI when he left and only 37 when he got to DALLAS! CRAZY!!
HB to your JOSH!

Adge said...

not exactly what you want for the first day of spring.

bailey said...

Wow. I can't imagine getting that much snow. Hopefully it'll all melt soon so you can go out of the house!!

Annie said...

It looks like we have swapped homes!! It was sunny and beautiful in MI this weekend...and you guys got our snow down there!! Nuts!