Monday, March 22, 2010

More Snow Pics and Birthday Dinner

After lunch yesterday, we ventured out for a little while in the snow. The roads were good by 1:00. They were just a little slushy on the sides and in the middle where snow had piled up. We enjoyed driving around town and seeing all the pretty snow on U of A campus. I know those students are glad they are on Spring Break and not stuck here in the cold! While we were out we made a stop at Sonic during Happy Hour. It was just fun to get out for a little while. Look how high the snow is against the door of this building. We seriously have not ever seen this much snow. We live in Arkansas, not Alaska!Slushy roads on campus! The football stadium.
Yesterday evening, we went to my parents' house for Josh's birthday dinner. My mom and dad always have dinner and a Rick's cake for each of our birthdays. We had planned this before we even knew about the snow. The roads were just wet by the time we headed out there so it was really easy to get to their house. Josh wanted pizza and salad from one of our favorite pizza places in town so that is what we had. It was soooo good and the perfect meal for a cold, snowy evening!
Isn't this cake adorable? Josh is really into running right now so my mom thought it would be cute to get running shoes on his cake. I loved the idea and it turned out soooo cute! Josh was so excited when he saw it! And yes, it tasted just as good as it looked!My cute, 27 year old husband!


Jill loves getting an action shot of people blowing out candles. She actually missed the real blow-out so this was a reenactment. :)
After we got home last night, Brody and I were playing and he would run to me and give me a big kiss, then run away! It was so sweet and cute! Every time he ran towards me he would run with his mouth open. It was hilarious!

We are on Spring Break this week so I am looking forward to having a week off from a few activities and trying to do a few fun things. We are having some friends come up at the end of the week to stay with us so I am excited to see them! Hopefully, we will have warm days ahead!

Hope you have a great day! I will post my 13 week pic this evening!

10 comments:

Kyla said...

I love Rick's Bakery! And that cake is adorable :) (And Brody too!)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

It sounded like a great bday! Cute cake! And I love the sweet cute little games that the little ones play! He is so cute :) Mmm, I really want some cake now, haha! I might just have to find an occasion to make one for, ha!

Erin said...

Those cakes look amazing and yes I am soo glad that the snow is in your neighborhood and not mine :) Glad we still have grass showing and now snow!

Hope you had a great weekend.

Cara Beth said...

What a cute cake!

Kelly said...

That cake is awesome! Ya'll really are Rick's best customers!!

Christa said...

Man that's a lot of snow! Love Josh's cake!

Rebekah said...

I can't believe all the snow ya'll are getting. I am sad I am not there to enjoy it! I am also sad I am not in NWA to enjoy Rick's. The cake is fabulous!

D said...

Oh my...that's a lot of snow! I found your blog via Kelly's Korner and just had to comment when I saw your snow pictures. Unbelievable!

Julie said...

The cake looks yummy!! But more importantly....I have been so out of touch. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW ONE TO COME!!!! YEAH!!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know what I'd do with all that snow in March. Cry, probably :) Hopefully, it will be sunny and warm in Atlanta next month!

Also, I love that cake :)