Monday, March 8, 2010

Great Date 2 and Our Weekend

We had a great weekend! On Friday night, Josh and I participated in Date 2 of The Great Date Experiment. We had a great time! We both enjoyed this one more than the first one. This one was a lot less busy and mainly involved eating and talking, which is what we like to do on dates. The main part of this date was going on a progressive dinner. We had appetizers at a Japanese restaurant, then we went to the mall and ate Sbarro pizza for dinner ( I might have had something to do with that! It just sounded really good!). For dessert, we got a milk shake to split.During one part of the date, we were told to split up and go buy our spouse a $2 gift and then meet back-up to exchange gifts. Since we were already at the mall, we decided to get our gifts there. We changed the price limit to under $5 because it's hard to only spend $2 at the mall. Here are our gifts.....I loved my cute earrings!Saturday, my grandma, aunt and uncle came up to visit from Benton. We grilled at my parents house. It was so good! I was the only person that ate more than one hamburger, which says a lot when there were 4 men there! Ha! It just tasted really good and I was really hungry. My mom got 2 pies from Rick's bakery and a box of cookies for dessert. They were yummy!Brody spent the evening running all over the house and wearing my dad out! I don't think my dad sat down for more than 3 minutes before Brody wanted him to carry him somewhere or go play something with him. I didn't get any pictures of the rest of my family..I must have been too busy eating. :)

Sunday, all went to church and then to eat before my grandma, aunt and uncle left to go back home. That afternoon, the 3 of us went on a walk. Brody actually went on a drive! :)Sunday evening, Jill and Brandon came over and we grilled steaks and watched the Oscars. I made red velvet cake with cream cheese icing for dessert. It was really good! I will probably have a few more slices today. ;)

I just realized this entire post was basically about eating. It's a big theme in my life right now and I plan to enjoy every second of it while I have the excuse to eat like this! :)

I hope y'all had a great weekend as well!

23 comments:

Mary said...

I had no appetite during the first or second trimester...but it hit me bad now that i am in the third! all that food looks so yummy!

Jessica said...

The red velvet cake sounds amazing!! Glad you had a good weekend.

Summer said...

Hey girly,
Love hearing about the great date experiment....glad this one was sooo fun for ya'll! Those earrings are really cute he did good! LOL about the hatching alien that is sooo something I would have picked for Greg! Those cookies look yummy and sooo does that red velvet cake! I am sooo happy Sandra Bullock won....she is just a doll....

Hey I am having a Brighton Cross Earring giveaway hop over and check it out

xoxo
Summer :0)

Shaunda said...

And, don't you feel like you eat like a man when the hunger stikes?! Eat up girl!

Kimberly said...

You had a lot of good food this weekend!! the red velvet cake looks yummy!

Christa said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! That cake looks amazing!

Paige said...

Yum! I love red velvet cake. It looks good!

Shelley said...

This post made me hungry! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

waiting said...

When I was pregnant with my baby who is almost one, I ate like it was going out of style! And I enjoyed every minute of it. No one could believe how much I ate! It was fun:)

Lori said...

That cake looks so good!! Fun date night. I like the $5 gift idea!

Erin said...

Looks like a great weekend, the weather is getting nice out here now its about grilling time. I can not wait, winter has been far too long!

Amanda M. said...

yum-o! Everything looks DELISH! :)

Superchikk said...

Love it! Chris was wishing for some steak last night after you tweeted about it, even had Brandon send him a picture. Sad, I know.

Annie said...

eat it up girl.....you totally have an excuse now! I often think...man, I just cant wait until I am preggers again so I can eat EVERYTHING that I want..lol!

Cherit said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Rick's bakery sounds awesome. I wish Arizona was closer to Arkansas!!! I would love to try some of their goodies.

Shanna said...

The Date thing sounds fun! You're entitled to eat all ya want right now! I bet Rick's bakery would close down if y'all stopped going there haha. Speaking of that....do y'all plan to do monthly birthday cakes for baby #2?

Todd and Courtney said...

any excuse to eat is fab :) LOVE your earrings!

Whitney Molder said...

We were going to participate in the Great Date Experiment this weekend, but Brad got really sick. :(
Looks like y'all had a great time though!

And, I love food. ALL foods. And you should enjoy every single minute of it:)

Hattie said...

I love being pregnant b/c nobody think bad about you when you go back for seconds or thirds! Love the gifts y'all got each other! Sounds like y'all had a great weekend!

Jenna said...

A post centered around food and fun...just one of the many reasons we are friends. :-)

Love you girly! Looks like it was a fun (and delicious) weekend!

Mandi said...

Lots of yummy food and good company sounds like a perfect weekend! Girl, I don't know how you stay so skinny!

Annie said...

sounds like a perfect weekend!
the weather there looks amazing and i'm totally jealous ya'll are grilling!
my weekend recap posts are always all about food as well!
it's like a hobby...a hobby i really enjoy ;)

have a great week!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

it sounded like a fantastic weekend! the combination of fun and food, perfect :)! i heard someone else talk about the great date experiement, it sounds SO neat! we might have to try it!