Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Boy Nursery

Here is our idea for the boy nursery...


The crib, changing table/dresser and glider will be the same either way. We might consider chocolate walls for the boy nursery instead of turquoise. I'm just so torn! I love the way white furniture looks against brown walls. :) Our bedroom is a really pretty chocolate brown so if we painted the room chocolate then we would probably just use the same color. I am rather attached to that color as it was also the color of my bedroom at my parent's house! Ha!

I really like these fabrics! My cute husband actually picked them out. I showed him several "boy' fabrics I liked and the stripes were his favorite! We would probably use one fabric for the skirt and one for the bumpers. We may use the turquoise as an accent fabric depending on what color we paint the walls. It might be too much turquoise so we may do chocolate.

I really like the idea of a vinyl wall decal/sticker tree by the crib. It doesn't have to have birds on it but it could. I just think it's really modern looking and would be cute in a nursery. I also like this tree canvas. I want something similar with this verse on it to hang over the changing table.

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. Psalms 1:1-3

I think this would be such a great verse to pray over our son! It also ties in with the tree theme so I think it would be perfect for this room.

I love this little pillow for the glider but I would want it in the fabric/color scheme of the room. I think it's really modern and simple and not too girly. Very cute for a boy! His would have a "B" or a "T" not an "H". I have you thinking names now! :)

I have left off lots of little details but you get the main idea! Now I'm just curious as to which nursery we will be using!! Not too much longer until we find out!

22 comments:

Sarah @ 365 Glimpses of John Parker said...

Love the color combo! Turquoise and brown are some of my favorites! Not too much longer until you find out. How exciting!

Me said...

I have that chair in my daughters room! Where did you find that tree with the birds?? Is it a wall sticker or a painted mural?

Amanda said...

I just love your ideas! I am LOVING my chocolate brown boy nursery so far. It seems very modern, but warm and cozy.

Karah said...

Love the boy nursery ideas. Im secretely hoping you have a girl though :) Love the weekly updates on your pregnancy. You look too cute preggers.

Faith said...

Love these ideas too!! Really can't wait for you to find out!!

Mallory said...

Love all of your modern ideas, especially brown walls & tree decals! Tate would be a cute name! :)

Summer said...

Ooooh I love the modern look and that crib is awesome! Love the colors....have a fab day girly.....

xoxo
Summer :0)

Stephanie said...

Love the color scheme!

His Doorkeeper said...

Hubby has a good eye....the colors are fresh, modern and wonderful for any sweet baby boy!

Adge said...

i love your idea board for a boys nursery

Kyndal said...

Love all your choices! Is your furniture from the DaVinci Modo line? Kaiser has the crib and dresser/changing table in espresso. We've been very happy with them. Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Sara said...

Love all these ideas. I am partial to the chocolate brown walls, but anything will look great!

Can't wait to find out what you are having.

Mandi said...

I love the tree and verse idea! Using scripture in a child's room is so sweet and special.

Mary said...

I just saw the picture of Brody with lipstick on his head on Twitter-too funny! Love the ideas for either gender! Y'all are great at picking fabric/colors!

Katie said...

Jennifer, I love both and can't wait to see what you are having. Miss you and hope you are feeling good. ; )

Anna said...

Love all the colors!! Where did you find those fabric choices and colors online? I'm designing a nursery too right now and I can't find any tools online to help me. :( I would love to hear what your resources were if you don't mind.

Hattie said...

Love it all! What a cute idea to put the verse w/ the tree. Great verse too!

Aimee said...

Alot of this reminds me of the nursery we are working on right now ...for our baby GIRL! ha

I didn't want something that was overly pink since my stepdaughters room is bright pink so we went with a brown and turquoise theme with lime green and pink thrown it.

Her walls are chocolate brown and the furniture is white and I love the pop like you said!

And I also painted a tree similar to these directly on the wall and everyone that sees her room loves it!

I just put pictures up the other day on my blog if you wanna check them out!

Kelly said...

Either way - it's going to be perfect! I love what you have picked for either sex and I just can't wait to see the finished room and know who this baby is......and what their name is!!!

Amanda M. said...

LOVE those trees! You have got to share where you found them! :)

forr2girls said...

Could you please share where you found the trees? I have been looking for something just like that for my master bath!
Thanks!

Andrea said...

Very cute!