Monday, March 15, 2010

Because Sunday is always followed by Monday...

****Good news...Brody's problem is fixed and he is happy as he can be!****
It's Monday and IT. IS. MONDAY. if you know what I mean.

I'm not one of those people who despises Mondays. Usually, it's a great day for me. Brody plays at MDO and I run errands, buy groceries and get organized for the week. I pick him up in the afternoon. We play and nap. Josh comes home from work and I go to meet some girls for Bible study/dinner/girl time. I spend 3 hours with them then I come home and go to bed. What isn't to love about a day like that?

Today, is not that kind of Monday. Brody is not at MDO because he is instead, constipated. He hasn't pooped since Saturday and he usually goes 3 times a day. He is fussy and at times looks as though his face my explode from trying to relieve himself. We don't give Brody juice, but you better believe I am going to force some apple juice into his little belly today. Maybe even a gallon or two. I hope he has a total blow out today and then all is well with the world.

On top of constipation issues, I had a little sleep problem last night. I have crazy dreams and crazy sickness during pregnancy. The combination of the two can be lethal, as it was last night. I dreamed my parents got divorced and my dad married Vivica Fox. I called him a jerk-crapper for marrying her. I never use the word jerk-crapper. In my dream, she was only 30 and I was mad that my step mom was 5 years older than me. I then dreamed my mom also got remarried and she made me go shopping at Sam's with her new husband and her. I was in such a hurry to leave that I forgot Brody and left him in his crib alone for 3 hours. When I got home, he had broken and eaten his crib. This is the 3rd time I have dreamed that he got left alone. I can't imagine. I also experienced a first last night, which was morning sickness in the middle of the night. I love being pregnant and am so thankful or this baby even if I am sick as a dog, but it kept both Josh and I up for a good portion of the night and therefore I may have gotten 2-3 hours of sleep. On top of the time change, it made for a pleasant morning of me lying in bed in the dark at 6 asking Josh to take a sick day in honor of Brody and I having "sicknesses" and staying home to take care of us. I was kidding. Kind of. I bet you can guess what he did. He did what an normal man would do....he hit the road at 7:30. God is going to reward him greatly in heaven for being my husband. I just know it. :)

I hope you know that I am just making a joke of our day and while all this did happen, it does not qualify as a bad day by any means. If this is the worst Monday I have had in a while, then I would say I have it very easy! :) I just think that most moms can relate to having a case of the Mondays every once in a while! I'm about to clean my house, go for a walk, cook dinner and hopefully go to bed early! Like 6:00 or something!

I am just thankful for another wonderful Monday...even if it followed time change Sunday! :)

My 12 week post will be up later today! Woo hoo for 12 weeks!!!

22 comments:

M said...

Poor Brody. Hope he feels better soon!

Hattie said...

Juice works, but you might want to try a little Dr. Pepper. (it has prune juice in it) It worked in the past with my boys. Hope your Monday gets better and that you get some sleep tonight!

ps. I hate the time change too!

The Schramkos! said...

Poor baby! Boston has been stopped up really good before. Juice will help but still dilute it or you will never get the poop to stop! I know what you mean, a bad day to me is things like that too and i know it could be alot worse. But.. its ok to say you are having a bad day! Hope you get to feeling a little better and get some rest. By the way congrats!!! oh and I am always begging Chris to stay home with me even if I am in a bad mood.. if it were up to me he would probably get fired! hehe! but.. like a good man he always goes hehe.

Summer said...

Apple Juice works and sooo does raisins....raisins acts like a natural laxative....believe me I learned that one the hard way LOL....Kelcee has to take laxative medicine everyday do to constapation issues (glad she isn't old enough to read this LOL) and I gave her a bowl of raisins later in the day one time and OMG she had um two huge blowouts....now I always limit her raisin intake LOL....

Hope Brody feels better soon! That is a funny word you dreamed you called your dad! I had crazy dreams when I was pregnant with Kelcee! I hope you feel better soon too!

Summer :0)

Sarah Wyland said...

Oh poor Brody! My little brother has had to go to the hospital for constipation before. He gets a lot of juice and fruits when it happens. I hope he feels better! And I hope your Monday gets better. I vote we all just blame the time change for any and everything that goes wonky this week. I'm a bit bitter towards DST.

Natalie said...

I literally laughed out loud {in my office} about your dream, ha! It is always so crazy to me that our dreams seem so real while we are asleep!! Bless little Brody's heart, I hope that he is feeling better soon :)

ScrappinAway said...

They make prune baby food that always worked for my little one. Now a really ripe banana does the trick!

*The Smiths* said...

Oh goodness, what a day! Hopefully you both feel better soon. My thoughts are with you. But just how much you'll appreciate normal Mondays after this!!

Kelly said...

Poor little Brody - apple juice always seems to work for us! :-)
And I was laughing at your tweets this morning about your dreams! Oh those pregnancy dreams.
Hope your day gets better! See you tomorrow night!

Sara said...

Hope you both feel better soon. I am not pregnant and want to go to bed at 7:30 when Bryce goes to bed. Ha!

Enjoy your walk. The fresh air always makes me feel better.

Mallory said...

Hope you & Brody get to feeling up to par soon. No fun! And your dream, crazy!!

Superchikk said...

Caedmon had that same issue going on last week. Hope Brody is better soon!

I know exactly what you mean about Mondays. It's nearly 2pm and I've done absolutely nothing on my to-do list. I'm totally using Monday as an excuse.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww you poor things! LittleBoo was always the same way, and if he hasn't been able to go for a little bit either, I make him some applesauce and after his next nap, he's good to go for a lil while :)! It is fast acting! haha

I remember those crazy preggy dreams too! I hope you two have a wonderful rest of the day and that apple juice does the trick for your cute lil guy and you get some great sleep tonight!

Danielle Taylor said...

Ha ha! You are too funny! I loved the part where Brody ate his crib!
Prune or apple juice usually works pretty well here! Good luck!

Amanda M. said...

Oh my goodness! I hope Brody is better soon and you get some SLEEP, too!
We use to mix prune juice into other foods when our littlest was constipated. Poor things....it's so rough for them. :(

Miller Family said...

Ahh! Sorry you are having a no fun Monday! I also have CRAZY pregnancy dreams! I say that is part of the reason why I have to go to bed so early. I also had some sickness last night too. It was not fun!

I hope your day gets better!

Heather said...

I have had "this" Monday so many times!!! So sorry girl. Saying a prayer for you now that tomorrow will be a bright new day!!! :) And yes, go to bed early and definitely give Brody some juice!!! Connor never had juice til he was 3 1/2 and I started giving it to him for constipation, too. YOWSA....that is just the worst!!!

Todd and Courtney said...

ooooo nooo not constipation. Lauren is the queen of constipation. We aren't big juice fans but I always buy the organic apple juice. She drinks a little everyday. It's only apples and water so I don't feel guilty whatsoever. I can do wonders if you put a little prune juice in there too. Also, a little bit of miralax powder in milk is aaaahhh mazing! I know too much about this subject :)

Aimee Bryan said...

This is my fifth pregnancy and everytime I've had wild and crazy dreams, but that's not the worst part of it. Have you been sleeping and are trying to wake yourself up? It happens to me all the time. I feel like I'm fighting, clawing and pinching Jeff, and all he says that I'm doing is making funny noises. But he knows to try to help gently wake me up. The trials of pregnancy!

K.V. Writes said...

I tried to con my husband into having a day off when my morning sickness was really bad and now that I'm seven months pregnant and the size of a whale I'm still trying to get him to take a day to look after our other child!!

Good luck - Kirsty

Kelly said...

I know I am late to replying, but my little guy is 2 1/2 and he still doesn't get full juice. He does however, get a sippy a day of water with a splash of juice to flavor it poured into it. If he needs to poop and he is stopped up, I may even do half a sippie of water and half of apple juice. If Brody hasn't had juice before that should do the trick. Be ready for a blow out but it should work. I saw that you said it was fixed but just wanted to share that for the future!

Jill said...

Sounds like a great Monday. It's nice to read that others stay home to help their children go to the bathroom...too funny. I have the same issues with my daughter but its been on-going. Have a great week!!