Monday, March 22, 2010

13 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 13 Weeks
Size of baby:3 inches long and weighs 1 ounce. He or she is the size of a peach!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 6lbs
Maternity Clothes: Not Yet
Gender: We don't know but now I REALLY think girl again! I had a dream this weekend that I had an ultrasound and the baby was a girl. I had the exact same dream with Brody except the baby was a boy and I was obviously right.
Movement: Yes! Little flutters late at night when I lay on my stomach. So sweet and so fun!
Food Cravings: Caffeine Free Coke. I haven't liked it since junior high but for some reason I have been drinking it lately. I also have been craving fruit...oranges, grapes, and apples. More foods sound yucky to me than sound good!
What I miss: Diet Coke. I have only had 3 in the past 9 weeks. I used to drink one a day so I am having serious withdrawals. It didn't help that I had to stop cold turkey. They need to make a patch for people who are trying to give DC up. It's a hard addiction. :)
Sleep: I have insomnia. No joke. I lay and bed for hours and can't sleep no matter how tired I am.
Symptoms: Still the same! Hopefully these will be a distant memory before too much longer! Nausea, vomiting, exhaustion/fatigue, food aversions, frequent trips to the bathroom, heartburn. :)
Best Moment this week: Starting the 2nd trimester!
What I am looking forward to: Hopefully having more energy in the next few weeks. I loved the 2nd trimester with Brody. I still was sick daily but I had so much energy and felt so good!

I added a little gender poll on the right side of the blog above my profile. I am just curious to see what you all think we are having so make sure and vote if you would like!

Have a great night!

28 comments:

Alex and Jill said...

You are so cute!!

Hope the morning/day sickness goes away soon.

Christa said...

You look great! I voted girl!

Summer said...

You look great! I voted girl! I'm so with you on the Diet Coke girly I am soooo addicted to it LOL....
When we were trying for Kelcee I stopped cold turkey and didn't drink it again until she was 4 mths old because I was breast feeding! Anywho I started drinking it after that and I drink like 3 diet cokes a day...that's just crazy LOL....

xoxo
Summer :0)

Amanda said...

You look so cute! I crave caffeine free coke too, it is so good, which is weired because I am more of a diet coke girl too.

Aimee said...

You look so cute!

I craved Caffeine Free Coke too! I never knew how much it tasted like the real thing until I was pregnant!

Domestic Goddess said...

you're looking great! hope you get feeling better soon!

Jill said...

I voted GIRL!

You look so cute!

I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. I want to be able to go eat places with out you giving me that nauseated look the whole time! :)
Love you

The Allens said...

I craved fruit like CRAZY through my entire pregnancy with Aaron. It was abnormal. I had a friend who did, as well, and she also had a boy. BUT, neither one of us were sick, so maybe it's a fruit loving girl!

Lana said...

Hi! I've never commented before, but I love your blog! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so excited for you! I am also pregnant, 27 weeks with a baby boy! I am with you on the diet Coke...it's been so hard giving up/really limiting caffeine! I can drink caffeine free diet coke, but it's just not the same!

Erin said...

9 weeks already :) Have you guys thought of any names? Will you share?

Ann said...

You look great!!! Soo excited for your new addition to the family!!!

Leah said...

You are so cute!! I craved fruit the whole time with Perri too!!! Bet its a girl! What names are ya'll thinking?

Amanda M. said...

You are just GLOWING!

Ashley said...

Pretty girl, love you!!!

Rennae said...

Congratulations Jennifer, such exciting news. I am only now getting back to catching up on my blog reading. Our newest little boy is 4 weeks old. Such a wonderful time. Good luck and I hope the morning sickness eases soon.

touch said...

永遠不要躊躇伸出你的手。也永遠不要躊躇接受別人伸出的手。..................................................

alang said...

Hey Jenn,

Congrats on your pregnancy! I will tell you a little math so you can figure out what you are having. It is not the Chinese Calendar, but I have done with with nurmous people and they were ALL RIGHT!! Try it with Brody I bet it will be true! Take your age and the month you got pregnant, Add them up. If your total is an Odd number it is a BOY if it is an Even number it is a GIRL! Go on try it, and let me know the results.

Mary said...

i definitly think BOY!

Jenna said...

You are seriously SO cute!!!! Again I would like to express my love for these updates. So fun!!! Hope you start feeling better VERY soon.

And I am going to pretend like I ONLY have one diet coke a day. Ahem... :-) I need an intervention.

Sara said...

You look so cute in the picture! I hope your morning sickness goes away soon. I was able to talk to the doctor about some over the counter things to take and they also offered me a prescription if they didn't work. The OTC items I used worked for me. I'm sure you have already done this, but if you haven't they were really nice and helpful for me.

Annie said...

Love these updates!! Yay for the 2nd trimester!! Your little "peach" is growing fast!!

Meg said...

You look so great for the beginning of your second trimester! I sure hope your nausea goes away fast-not fun! I completely understand the diet Coke thing-I'm an admitted addict! The caffeine free was ok while pregnant with my son, but not quite the same. I added some sliced lemons to it and that helped.

Julie said...

It will be so fun to follow your pregnancy! I'm hoping you have your energy back very soon.

You look adorable!

Hattie said...

You look so cute! You really can't tell you're preggers. It just looks like you ate a big meal! Ha! Hope your "morning" sickness is better!

Melissa :) said...

Congratulations! Your family is precious. :)

Kari Beth said...

with elle louise i always craved fruit and fruity things!!! so maybe you're right and having and girl. oh and i had heartburn like you wouldn't believe :)

nicole said...

Hi JEnnifer,
\Iw as wondering where you got boy or girl poll at. I would like to add it to my blog. I am 13 weeks and am much bigger. you look great. It is also my third one, but you still look great

coleyclark30@yahoo.com

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

You are the cutest little thing ever!! I voted girl...can't wait to find out!! :)