Monday, March 15, 2010

12 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:
12 Weeks
Size of baby: 2 1/2 inches long and weighs 1/3 to 1/2 of an ounce!! He or she is the of a lemon!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 6lbs since my 5 week appointment!! I probably need to slow down! In my defense, I lost more after I had Brody than I gained (thank you breastfeeding) so I feel like I'm just catching-up to my starting weight with my first pregnancy! Haha!
Maternity Clothes: Not Yet
Gender: We don't know yet, but this week I feel like we are having a boy. It's the first time I have had a boy thought this pregnancy!
Movement: I seriously think I felt movement Thursday night!! I was lying on my stomach in bed and felt it two different times. It's so hard to recognize this early on but it felt like the flutters I first felt with Brody. I text messaged a few of my friends who have had 2 babies and they all felt flutters much earlier the 2nd time so I am interested to see if I continue to feel the same feelings this week. I am almost 100% sure that it was little baby moving around! I can't wait to start feeling movement daily!
Food Cravings: Popsicles, Subway, and Cocoa Pebbles. I am on my 2nd box of cereal in less than a week!
What I miss: Having energy to do something besides lay on the couch.
Sleep: Still not sleeping well. Now I am having a hard time falling asleep. I have stayed up until 2 or 3 several nights this week. Hopefully, I will start sleeping again soon and if not, then my body will just be ready for no sleep by the time the baby is born! Ha!
Symptoms: Same as last week....Nausea, vomiting, exhaustion/fatigue, food aversions, frequent trips to the bathroom, heartburn. :)
Best Moment this week: Hearing our baby's heartbeat at our appointment Thursday! Such a sweet sound!
What I am looking forward to: Just enjoying being pregnant! I LOVE LOVE LOVE being pregnant! :)

I spent a lot of time this weekend looking at baby furniture, paint colors and fabric online. Josh and I have come to agreements on most of the big decisions! Of course they could change, but I still thought I would share them with y'all this week to see what you think. I love bouncing ideas off of other people and hearing what others think about things. Usually, I get even better ideas from it. I will post them this week! I love both "rooms" so much that I would love a boy and a girl, but we are only having one! Ha!

Have a great Monday night!

21 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl, could you be any cuter when you are pregnant?! I am still thinking boy too. Can't wait to see what furniture/colors you've chosen!

Lea Liz said...

You look great girl!!

Hope you're feeling better soon!! Can't wait to see what you have picked for rooms!!

Jess :) said...

I am SO glad I read the other comments before I wrote what I was going to say!!

I TOTALLY agree with Amanda...YOU are absolutely ADORABLE!! Stinkin' precious, Jennifer!!!!!! :)

And just wondering...where exactly have you gained that 6 lbs.?!?!?! In your hands and feet!!!! LOL

Seriously, you are SOOOO CUTE!!!

Just wanted to share that with you!!! And glad you and Brody had such a wonderfully HAPPY day! Those are the best :)

Jenna said...

HOW CUTE CAN ONE PREGNANT GIRL BE, I ASK YOU?!?!!? :-)

Love ya girl and love these updates!

Ashley said...

ADORABLE!!!! LOVE YOU SWEET girl! See you tomorrow!!! ;)

Mary Madeline said...

So cute!! And so glad to hear that Brody's problem is all fixed!! :)

Amanda M. said...

You look FABULOUS! And I think second time around you feel those little flutters SOOOO much earlier. It's so amazing. And such a miracle. <3

Mallory said...

You look incredible! I am excited to watch you grow! :)

Lori said...

WOW, you have had some late nights!! No wonder you like the couch!! :) Hopefully you will be able to get a good nights rest soon!!

You look fabulous!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

you look SO cute! you're so tiny! I crack up because I almost know that I'm pregnant before I even take a test because I seem to automatically gain at least 5 pounds the second my body realizes I'm preggy, haha! I LOVED being preggy too :)

Petrich Paluzza said...

I've never left a comment before... I started following your blog by hoppin over from Kelly & Harper! Anyway love that necklace....where did you find it? You look adorable with a lil baby bump! Congrats@

Lisa said...

Happy 12 weeks! You are too cute w/ your itty bitty bump!
I bet you did feel flutters, I know you can even this early. Especially now that you know what they feel like.
So happy for you 3!

Rebekah said...

QUIT BEING SO CUTE!

K.V. Writes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Allens said...

I love these posts! I am very happy for you. Still sorry that you are sick, but I love that you love being pregnant anyway. Your attitude glorifies God.

Miranda Tucci said...

I see a teeny tiny baby bump! :-)
I am so sorry you're sick .. I know that's not any fun. Hopefully that will go away SUPER fast! I can't wait to see your room ideas! :-)

Katie said...

You look adorable! I felt Jack move a whole lot earlier than Amelia Kate. I'm sure you are feeling Baby! :o) I, too, loooooooooove being pregnant. I cannot wait to see if it is a boy or girl. I always wait to find out the sex of my babies...but as soon as anyone else is pregnant, I CAN'T WAIT! haha! (Cravings ... cocoa pebbles....haha! Cute)

Traci said...

I can't imagine where you've gained 6 lbs.! hahahaha! You really look great! I can't wait to see the rooms. I love looking at that type of stuff!

Mary said...

you look so cute! when i was in the first trimester and beggining of second i took naps almost every day and on the days i did i could NOT fall asleep at night...so maybe if you are taking naps that is why you can't fall asleep? Now that i am 33 weeks i take naps again almost every day lol (i am SOOOOO tired) and have no problem falling asleep at night, maybe its bc i am so close to the end...who knows! but i hope you get some good sleep soon!
-Mary
ohh and we crave the SAME things and i am having my second boy so maybe that means boy for you! brody would have soooo much fun with a little brother!

Mary said...

forgot to add, i felt this little guy at 11 weeks! so i'm sure you are feeling the baby!

Jessica said...

I'm so happy for you, sweet girl, you!!!