Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shannon's Baby Shower

Today, I helped host a shower for Shannon at Katie's house. Baby Westin is due at the end of March and we can hardly wait to meet him! We are so excited for Shannon and Cody!The Hostesses with the Mommy-To-Be
Jill, Helga, Lindsey, Shannon, Katie, Me, Desty and AbbyAll the yummy food! We always have great food at our showers! :)The cute petit fours with baby booties, rattles, and "W"s. These were soooo good! I ate one and took one home. ;)
Katie had 3 cute jars each filled with a different candy. Each person was to guess how many of each candy were in the jar. The person closests without going over won the jar of candy! The other 2 jars had sour patch kids and blow pops. I loved how cute they were decorated!
This was the CUTE hostess gift Shannon gave us! I love it! I can't wait to hang it in my kitchen this spring.

Shannon received so many wonderful gifts, but I was too busy talking and eating to take any pictures! :)

I thought I would share the recipe for the apple dip I made for the shower. It is sooooo good! I actually got the recipe from Shannon after she made it for several small group events. It's one of our classes favorites!

Apple Dip
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 bag Heath and Chocolate bits
( Walmart doesn't carry the Heath and Choc bits so try your local grocery store)

Mix the marshmallow cream and cream cheese, then add in sugars, extract and bits. Serve with apple slices.

21 comments:

Kelly said...

That shower looks so nice! Those petit fours look YUMMY! And I make that apple dip and it's so good!
You looked so pretty!

Natalie said...

What a cute shower!!

That apple dip IS wonderful!! It's almost like CANDY!

All About Aleigha said...

What a sweet shower. We make a dip similar except we use green apples & snicker bars. It is so yummy!

Jenna said...

Too fun! Everything looks perfect and those are some pretty ladies in that top pic!! Glad ya'll had a great time celebrating that sweet mama-to-be!

P.S. That apple dip will be joining me in dreamland tonight. YUM.

Love you girl!

Ashley said...

Everything looks perfect!

And the apple dip sounds very naughty!!!!! ;)

HUGS!

Amanda M. said...

Oh my word, that apple dip sounds absolutely DELISH. :)

Summer said...

What a cute shower! You girls look sooo pretty! I love the parties you guys throw....AMAZING!! Thanks for the recipe on the apple dip....girl I love the recipe's you share and I am sooo gonna try this one LOL....Glad you had a great weekend!
Summer :0)

Jennifer said...

That apple dip sounds divine! Your outfit for the party is super cute!

Cara Beth said...

I may have to try that dip. Sounds yummy! And you look so cute in your outfit! :)

Shannon said...

Thanks so much for helping to host! Everything was so perfect and of course I LOVED the dip! :) Glad you liked the towel. :)

Katie said...

Love that dip! Great job and thanks for making it! Love ya.

Holly said...

That recipe sounds so good! Anything with marshmallow and cream cheese HAS to be delicious! I always need ideas for showers and for church "doings"!

Annie said...

You girls all looked to pretty....I love your outfit!!

The Baby Cove Lifeguard said...

Cute shower! You all look so pretty too!

The Baby Cove Lifeguard said...

Cute shower! You all look so pretty too!

Heather said...

Looks like FUN!

Aimee Bryan said...

What a blessing to have such good friends!

Lauren Kelly said...

How fun!!! What a sweet shower and all ya'll ladies are gorgeous!!! :)

The Donahue's said...

Everything looks so yummy! (ps. I saw your post on the date thing, I LOVE this idea!!)

Alex and Jill said...

I'm so excited for Shannon. Westin is loved so much already!

They are blessed with some wonderful friends. :) Beautiful shower. And you look precious as always!

marissa said...

that apple dip sounds great I may have to try it for the shower I'm having this weekend