Thursday, February 25, 2010

Messy House

Usually I am too proud to show my house when it is a mess, but in all honesty, my house is very rarely not a mess! Usually from about 8pm-8am my house is picked-up but anytime in between, it is a disaster. Here are a few pictures of a typical day around here!This picture of the kitchen is actually a clean day. It usually has plastic containers, plastic spoons, spatulas, etc., all over the floor!The pillows from the couch are NEVER left on the couch. It's like he knows I like them lined up in a certain order because as soon as I walk away he runs over, throws them all on the floor and yells, "Uh-oh!"

Look at all the random junk on the coffee table. He dug that ice cube tray out of the pantry. I used it to freeze his baby food in when I used to make it for him. Now it's a new toy! :) I also like the funnel on the floor. He likes to put it up to his mouth and scream through it. This is walking into our bathroom and it's my favorite. There is a ball, a bulb syringe, a plastic drink pitcher from the kitchen, a broom handle, my rain boots from my closet and other random things. Inside my rain boots, we found a golf ball, his tooth brush and the lid to my hairspray.

While I maybe be able to control how "clean" my house is, it is never picked-up for long. I wouldn't change it for the world though. Brody has so much fun making a mess and I enjoy watching how good he is at doing it! I know 20 years from now, my house will be picked-up, there will be less laundry, I will probably have a ton of free time, but I know I will miss these kind of days where I can't get a thing done and my life feels like chaos! These wild days are a blessing!

18 comments:

Kellie said...

Amen - let's enjoy these days!!!!

Holly said...

Jennifer, I actually feel so much better about my house now! It is always "clean", (well, usually) but there always seems to be something that's not where it's supposed to be. Just wait until he is about 4, like my Alden, and he has hundreds of GI Joe's everywhere, along with all of their paraphenalia! Our house looks like a scene out of Toy Story!

Kelly said...

I love this!
I'm learning to let it go too. I'm such a neat freak but I would go crazy trying to keep it constantly clean so I just try to pick up after she goes to bed and I have a few hours of neatness. ha! :-)

Summer said...

The "Wild Days" are such a blessing! You said it right...in like 20 years we can keep our houses clean all the time....these are such funny precious moments! Your house looks like mine does from like 8 am-8PM oh and I thought the cushion thing was something Kelcee just did....I'm glad I'm not alone on that one LOL....

O.K. when I scrolled to the pic of the rainboots I laughed right out loud! Do they still have tags on them? Brody must of thought you needed them to take a shower....Smart boy.... The other day I found the kitty mouse toy in my Ugg boots and I shreaked because I wasn't sure what it was....funny stuff

Have a Happy Day
Summer :0)

Lauren Kelly said...

Exactly, one day you'll miss this. So just enjoy it :)

Kimberly said...

funny post! you have alittle bit of everything all over the place! My girls are older - so I know - one day you will miss the mess!

Mary said...

yep, this is how my house looks too! it gets worse as they get older. lol!

Jamie said...

I have a four year old boy and let me tell you it only gets worse but you will love every second of it. Just make sure and tell your friends to call about an hour before they come over! ha ha!

Sarah Broadus said...

ah! the mess of an only child! Wait until you have 2 under 4. Your "messy" house would rate "clean" at our house.

nault's nook said...

Amen girl!!!! As hard as it is, I try to enjoy it all...even the mess!

Amanda said...

I found your blog the other day and commented on the Great Date Experiment, but this post made my day!!! I was just on the phone telling my husband that our house looks like a tornado came through everyday! Ha! So glad to know that other children find random things as well and place them all over the house!!! :) Love your blog. :)

Superchikk said...

Love it! Our house looks like a tornado hit it during the day. No point in picking it all up until the winds die down at bedtime. ha!

Caedmon likes to get the wand attachment for the vacuum cleaner and yell through it. He calls it his "Ho Ho" - I suppose since he yells, "Ho! Ho!" through it. Ha! Isn't it funny, the things they love?

Erin said...

I have learned with kids the house will never stay clean!! :)

Adge said...

that is something I will have to get us to once I have kids. Since being a homeowner (for only about 2 months) i have become a neat freak

Annie said...

Looks like our house! Toys in the hamper, slippers in the tub, blankies in the dryer...you name it! haha...
We just walk around after his bed time putting things back in thier correct place. Gotta love it!

Dana said...

lol :) It doesn't get any better as they get older! :) I'm amazed at what my 7,8 and 11 year olds can do to their room - right after they clean it!

LOVE the rug in your Living Room! Do you remember where you got it?

Lori said...

I love your outlook on this!! It is very refreshing for me to read!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

This is exactly how my house looks all the time, except when Annabelle's asleep! Your right, I know when it's not messy, I will miss it!!