Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Great Date Experiment

One thing that Josh and I committed to one another while I was pregnant with Brody was to continue to have date nights and make each other and our relationship a priority. After 16 months, we continue to have almost weekly date nights...just the two of us. I LOVE our time together. I can't imagine how greatly our relationship would suffer if we did not make a conscious effort to set aside time for each other each week.

One of the challenges we face with weekly dates is coming up with new, creative date nights that we look forward to as a couple. Don't get me wrong, dinner and a movie can be a great date night, but not every week! We both enjoy adding a little spice to our dating life. Are you the same way? Then check out this video!


Ryan is our young couples pastor. His wife, Rachel, is the photographer who took the bridal pics of me the other day! :)

To print off the First Date, click HERE! To find out more information about The Great Date Experiment, visit our church's website.

I hope you and your spouse will participate! I am going to blog after each of our dates. You know I will have pictures and maybe even some short videos if there is anything really fun and crazy that we do!

If you have any questions please feel free to email me! My email address is on my blogger profile.

Also, if you and your spouse chose to participate in The Great Date Experiment, I would love to hear about it! Email me or leave a comment on my blog letting me know if y'all enjoyed it. :)

Happy Dating!

21 comments:

Britt said...

Hi Jennifer!
I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and I love it! I'm so excited to try "The Great Date Experiment" and can't wait to see how it goes for you!! Keep up the good work and God bless :)

Crystal said...

I just printed off the first date! I am excited to watch the video tonight when I get home from work!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

I was so excited to hear about this yesterday and can't wait to participate. You know it seems like by the time we arrange someone to watch the kids, neither one of us wants to put the time into thinking about a creative date so we ALWAYS do dinner and a movie. Or dinner and walking around the mall or Target. So I am super psyched for something different!

Stephanie and Adam said...

This is the first time I have commented on your blog- but I just wanted to say that my husband and I did the great date experiment a few months back (after our daughter was born, when we really needed to commit time to each other) and we LOVED it. It was so much fun. I know you guys are going to love it as well!

Terri said...

Chuck and I are doing this right now! I see your church got it from NorthPoint Church in Atlanta where we used to go. We are doing theirs right now! We love it!!

Emily said...

How exciting! Thanks for sharing. I think I am going to tell my husband and see if he wants to participate too.

Mallory said...

Sounds like a LOT of fun! I'm going to tell my husband tonight and see if he's game. Are we supposed to do them every Sunday night? Or just when we have time during the week?

Aimee Bryan said...

Jennifer, I am up and running, you'll have to check me out. Jeff and I are doing the Great Date Experiment too! Have fun!

Lauren Kelly said...

What a great idea..... how fun!!! Can't wait to get the date updates!!!! :)

Linds said...

What a great idea! I am going to suggest this to my hubby tonight and hopefully we'll be doing it as well!

Bonita said...

I printed this off yesterday-- my husband and I might try it. We are currently following the LoveDare book. We are only on day 2, but I think this will be a great strenghtening tool for our marriage.

Jill said...

love this.... this is worth paying a babysitter and spicing things up!!!!

Hillary said...

What a great idea!! Josh (my Josh that is, ha!) need to do that!! I'm gonna get right on it!

Michelle said...

This looks so fun! Can't wait to try it out and hear all about your experience.

OK Fab Five said...

Hi Jennifer!!!

My husband and I are in our young 30's, married 10 yrs, and currently have 3 little girls and going out is a struggle to figure out what to do when we do get time out. I can't wait to follow along with this. Thanks

Faith said...

This is such a great idea! Although it's just Chad and I, and we do have the opportunity to "go out a lot, we don't always "date" like we should. And, after four years of ttc, we could use a little help to spice things up a bit =) We're in!

睡衣 said...

看看blog調整心情,又要來繼續工作,大家加油........................................

Shaunda said...

This is great! We are definitely on board. With a six month old baby boy, we can definitely use a little motivation & something to spice things up!

Julia said...

This sounds like so much fun! My husband and I have been looking for new and fun things to do for date night. We're looking forward to trying this!

The Dorns said...

My husband and I are doing the great date experiment tomorrow night. I read exclamation 1 and oh my Im nervous to shout in public but Im going to do. I plan on taking pics and video and blogging about it too. Thank you so much for sharing this idea.

Allie said...

We participated in the Great Date Experience and had so much fun with it. I am going to blog about it soon. We went on February 12th, because I had to work on Valentine's Day. Look on the Feb. 12th date on my blog www.lovinglifewithus.blogspot.com for our experience soon. I can't wait for the next one!