Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Great Date Experiment- Date 1

Sunday night, Josh and I participated in The Great Date Experiment through our church! If you aren't sure what it is, I blogged about it here.

We had such a great time together. It was fun to have someone else plan our date and to provide some fun questions for us to discuss while we were out.

Our first stop, after dropping Brody off at church, was Mimi's for dinner. According to the date "rules" we were supposed to let the waitress choose our meal. We could give her one stipulation, so we told her we wanted breakfast. I was so nervous and the entire time I kept thinking about how all I really wanted was their waffles. Guess what I got??!!!WAFFLES! I almost hugged her because I was so happy!! Haha!

She ordered Josh the crab and avocado omelet, which he really enjoyed.

The best part of the entire surprise dinner was when she brought us this little treasure.....It's their seasonal banana chocolate-chip muffin. It was heavenly! Point One was probably my favortie stop of the entire night!

Our next stop was supposed to be somewhere that we could do an activity and talk. One of the suggestions was bowling. We never go bowling and we sure don't go bowling on a whim, so we decided that since we were just a mile from the bowling alley, we should go! We bowled one game and had such a fun time! We took our set of questions in with us and talked about them while we bowled. Look at that form! Haha! I was a little nervous when he bowled because he would throw the ball wildly. I just prayed it wasn't going to go backwards and knock me out! ;)
Clearly, we have mad bowling skills.Look who didn't wear leggings and grandma socks this time! I was so proud! I did wear boots but at least I had jeans on this time!Yay for fun at the bowling alley!

Our last stop was at Wal-Mart to buy each other a surprise dessert. We each had a $2 limit. We split-up and agreed to meet back at the front door when we were finished. Clearly, we know each other well, because we both ended up on the ice cream aisle! Haha!


Josh hunting for ice cream for me!

I got him a little container of Ben and Jerry's. It was a flavor he had not had yet. Yes, I am holding peanut butter. We were out and since we were at Walmart, I grabbed some. Ha! Always multi-tasking.

We left Wal-Mart and went to pick Brody up at church, then headed home to eat our dessert! It was such a fun night! We are looking forward to the next 5 dates. I encourage you and your spouse to participate. There is not a timeline for these dates so you do them at your convinince. Let me know if you participate and what you thought about it!

This was just a funny picture from when we got home after our date. Our child is talented. He must take after me. :)

Happy Thursday!

31 comments:

Kubin's said...

How fun! I would love to talk my husband into doing this, but that might be a lot of talking. HA! Glad you had a good time!

Kubin's said...

By the way...LOVE the necklace!!!!

Miriam said...

So cute! Our church is doing the great date experiment too in Charlotte nc! Your post was such a spoiler because we haven't had a chance to do ours yet and it looks like so much fun! Btw doesnt yours have you dancing in the driveway? ( yes ok so ispoiled it for myself anyway because I read ahead. Hehe)

Summer said...

Sounds like fun!! I love your necklace sooo stinkin cute! Where did ya get it?? That is funny you had to leave your order up to the waitress....glad she read your mind and you got your waffles :0)

Yay you didn't wear leggings and bowling shoes....LOL....You are sooo funny

Glad ya'll had a great evening....

Kelcee did the same thing with her pacee's when she was little

Have a Happy Thursday
Summer :0)

Hattie said...

Sounds like a great date night! I don't know about the letting the waitress order for you! I would have no problem w/ it, but my picky eatin' hubby would hate the idea! Ha!

Kimberly said...

I don't know if I could let the waitress order for me. I am a really picky eater. I would have like your meal, but not your husbands. I did notice you were holding peanut butter. Mom's are always multitasking! Looks like a fun time!

Alisha said...

We are doing our first date this weekend! I am SOOO excited... even more now that I read this!! =) I just can't wait! haha! It looks like you guys had a blast. This is such a neat thing. We've been married about 3.5 years and dated 8 years before that so even though we don't have kids yet, we don't really put much thought into our dates anymore. We're both excited that that's changing now! =) Thanks for sharing!!
Alisha

*The Smiths* said...

Oh my goodness I love the Great Date Experiment! I totally feel like my husband and I are falling in love all over again! And it's fantastic that the dates are basically all planned out for us, all we need to do is follow directions. We've been loving it! Thanks for sharing!

Courtney said...

What a great date night. I can't wait to hear about all the other ones. I would have had a hard time letting the waitress order for me. So glad she did a good job!

morgan823 said...

The picture of Brody made me laugh out loud. SO CUTE!!! Looks like something my little girl would do.

bailey said...

That looks like so much fun! And it's really a great idea!! Brody looks so cute in the last picture!!

Linds said...

hahaha, that picture of your son is priceless! Totally a boy thing!

Jenna said...

I am dying at the 2 binkies!!! LOVE that!

And you and I are on the same wavelength with those muffins. It is my absolute favorite muffin at Mimi's!

Erin said...

Sounds like a blast. I need to try this with my husband as we really need some time alone!

Faith said...

Looks like y'all had such a good time! You look so cute in your new necklace, by the way =)

Heather said...

I love the date pics!!! And Avery Kate needs to try Brody's paci trick--she loves her pacis!!!!!

Mommarazzi said...

How fun!! My husband and I need to do this!!

Briana said...

Hey Jennifer! I found your blog via Kelly's Korner and think this is the cutest idea! I just printed off Date 1 and I'm so excited about it!

Karen said...

Such a cute idea, I am so glad you are blogging about it. This is a great time of year to go on new, fun dates!!!

Karen

Keeley Bug said...

I stumbled on your blog because of your post title. My husband and I are participating from Chattanooga :)! We are "scheduled" to go on our first date this weekend! I have a 14 month old, and look forward to spending time with my hubby! I hope you enjoy the rest of your dates!

Southern Cinderella said...

This is such a neat idea!! I know other people that are doing this and it's exciting to see pics from throughout the night and everything ya'll had to do!

*Love your necklace!!

Kelly said...

I think ya'll are about the cutest couple ever!

ScrappinAway said...

My hubby and I are doing our date #1 this weekend. I probably should not have looked at your post but I couldn't resist, teehee. Now I am really excited. Thanks for sharing this experiment, so happy to have found out about it!

Amanda M. said...

1) LOVE the necklace. 2) You two are like the cutest couple! Your date sounds like SO much fun! :)

Beth said...

What a fun date! I love the last picture, LOL

Ashley said...

Sounds like a blast! Love the bowling pics! Ya'll are too cute!

Mrs. McB said...

Sounds like you had a blast! We printed off the date and I think we are going to try and do this in the coming weeks. Sounds like a lot of fun!! :)

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Love it! It looks like you had a great time. I need someone else to plan our dates too. Our marriage has been on the back burner too long. We need to get the sizzle back!

We had a plumber visit our house yesterday to retrieve a shower ring that sweet Evie flushed down the comode - so watch out at your house.

Allie said...

We participated in this too and had so much fun. At first my husband did not want to participate in it. And he is so glad we did. He had so much fun and can't stop talking about it. I can't wait for the second date!

Amanda said...

Hi!!! I just found your blog today and I am so glad I did! Can't remember how I got here, but I managed to stumble upon this awesome post about The Great Date Experiment. Can't wait to tell my husband about it and start participating! I look forward to keeping up with your family now. :)

Heather said...

This looks like fun! I checked it out on your church's site... hopefully I can get my husband to do it! :)