Monday, February 15, 2010

Birthday Weekend

First, THANK YOU so much for all the sweet comments on my birthday post! It made my day to get so many sweet messages from my wonderful blog friends. I thought the post from Josh and Brody was super sweet. Josh is getting better at blogging and even knew how to change the font colors this time! Before long he will be blogging for us! :)
I had a wonderful birthday weekend! Josh did so many sweet things to insure that my day was extra special!
Friday night, Josh's parents kept Brody while Josh took me shopping and to dinner. After we shopped, we went to eat at PF Changs. I am so glad Josh made us reservations because the wait was 80 minutes and we were so hungry! Our dinner was really good! We got Cold Stone for dessert and then headed home and watched a movie. It was a great night!
Saturday, Josh and I woke-up on our own at 9:00. I'm not for sure the last time that has happened. We finally had to wake Brody up at 10 so that we could go eat breakfast at Rick's. I'm pretty sure he would have slept until noon if we had let him! My breakfast dates! Brody was still in his pajamas!

We just hung out the rest of the day. I got to take a nap for as long as I wanted, so that was a great and much needed birthday present! :)
That night, we went to my parents' house for birthday dinner with my family and Matt and Julee.

The cake table with all the cute Valentine's day decorations!The cake! It was so good!My mom ordered On The Border fajitas for dinner. They were sooooo good! We had a lot of food for 8 people but we also ate a lot of it! :)My mom got a balloon with my name on it! Haha! It was cute!Half-way to 50!!! :) This picture cracks me up! I asked Brody if he wanted to help me blow out the candles and as soon as I did, he started to reach for the fire, so I quickly blew them out and apparently, looked very scared in the process! Matt took this picture! I think Julee has an even better one on her camera. Julee, Me and Jill- We can't convince her to go blond with us! Haha! ;) Dad, Brody, Jill and BrandonMe, Mom and Jill

My parents gave Brody his V-day present while we were over there that night. They got him a vacuum cleaner. He has a thing for my parents' vacuum cleaner and loves for my dad to push it around the room, so they got him one of his own. He has been vacuuming all over our house. If only it really worked! :)His hair doesn't usually look this crazy, but when we got home I tried sticking it up all over his head! He loved it!

Hope you are having a great Monday!

27 comments:

Brittany said...

So glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday!! Your cake was beautiful! I really want to try to use paisley print on a cake! Great idea!! And I love Brody's hair...adorable!!

Mommarazzi said...

My two year old loves to push our kitchen vac all around--with it on--but somehow makes a mess in the process :)

Brody's hair is too cute! Boys are so much fun!

Summer said...

Jennifer,
You are Ha-larious....I am glad we have become "bloggy" friends!! That pic of you blowing out the candles is PRICELESS!! You look like OMG I have to hurry before he gets to the candles....YIKES....LOL
Funny Stuff....

Glad you had an AWESOME Birthday....You are sooo pretty and sweet and deserve it....YAY for getting a looong nap, and that cake looks super yummy!

Oh and I looooove Brody's all over spikey hairdo....

Have a Happy Monday
Summer :0)

Faith said...

What a fun celebration you had! Love all the pics. And, I had no idea that you were 25 and that I was older than you...I guess I just thought we were the same age =)

So glad you had such a great birthday!!

Superchikk said...

Looks like you had a busy weekend! Caedmon is envious of Brody's vacuum cleaner :)

Sara said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend. Josh's post was too sweet. I had one of those popcorn popper vacuums when I was a kid. Do you remember those? Can't wait to hear how you date night went.

Crystal said...

Glad you had a good weekend! Brody's hair is too funny in the last two pictures!

A Wedding Story said...

Looks like you had a great 25th birthday! I just found your blog and you and your sister are hysterical! I watched the poof video and literally cracked up! I tried to poof yesterday for church and to no avail my hair went as flat as a pancake before I entered the church doors. It may have to something do with my non-existent layers and off-brand hairspray :(

Better luck next time, right!?

Cara Beth said...

I love all of your pics! Your cake is soo pretty and that pictures of your big eyes cracks me up! I'm glad you had a great bday/vday! :)

Sarah said...

Glad your birthday was great! I love how your family is so close - reminds me of my family! :) Ava has that same vacuum and LOVES it. She drags it around with one hand, and her lawn mower that is similar, in the other!

Newlywed in the Suburbs said...

Love the cake! So pretty. And the vacuum is just too adorable :)

Lauren Kelly said...

Soooo glad you had such a wonderful birthday. I'm with Faith, had no clue you were only 25and that I was older than you, haha!!! But not by much you youngin, haha!! :)

Kimberly said...

Glad you had a nice birthday! that cake was so pretty!!!

Emily said...

Your birthday weekend sounded wonderful and looked awesome. I loved the "scared looked".. so funny!

Lincoln has the same vacuum cleaner as Brody. He got it for his birthday and he LOVES it. It must be a baby thing with real vacuum cleaners... Lincoln goes crazy when I get ours out and vacuum the floors.

Amanda M. said...

Looks like an absolutely WONDERFUL birthday weekend! That cake is SO pretty! :)

Karen said...

Hi Jen, I am so glad that you had such a wonderful birthday!!! What an adorable cake you had, love the paisley print!!!!

Katie said...

I am totally cracking up over your picture blowing out the candles!! I LOVE IT!! You are too cute! :o)

Katie said...

How cute is he with his little vacuum?? Adorable! Glad you had a great birthday!!

Lauren said...

Glad you had an awesome birthday! Brody's hair is so cute!!! What do you use to spike it up with?

Lisa said...

So cute!!! Love the pic of you blowing out your candles. I love Brody's hair all crazy like that.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!

Jenna said...

Happy birthday friend! I'm 7 months older than you! Ha! I've got to find that vacuum - Brayden has an obsession with all things vacuum!

Love the cake!!

Hattie said...

Baaaaahahahaha! That picture of you blowing out the candles is too funny! Glad to hear you had a great birthday weekend! That cake looks yummy too!

Jamie said...

Just wanted to share that we share the same birthday! Hope you had an awesome birthday!

Jenna said...

So glad you had a great birthday!!! Loved all the pics! And I especially love the candle pic...they should hang that up in schools when they teach fire safety!!!!

Love you my little 25 year-old friend!

Annie said...

Glad to hear that you had a nice b-day. Blake has a vacuum too that he LOVES....I often say.."man, if only that really worked!!"///oh well...maybe one day they will be able to use the real one!

Domestic Goddess said...

what a sweet birthday and family time! thats the best part about birthdays is sharing with the fam! i love that pic with your eyes! haha! so cute! have a great week!

Katie said...

Love your cake, Jennifer!

Half way to 50? You have a long time before you get there. ; ) That made me laugh!