Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Here is a quick review of our weekend.......
This weekend we went to Branson with our church for the young couples' marriage retreat. It was a wonderful weekend away! We stayed at a great hotel that Josh and I have stayed at a few times. We heard great marital advice during sessions taught by members of our church staff. There were a lot of fun games, including a Couples Amazing Race, which we played with teams of 4 couples. We laughed a lot during that game! We also enjoyed spending time with our wonderful friends that we love doing life with. It truly was a GREAT weekend!
The pictures above are the only ones from Branson. The black bag is a gift bag each couple was given when we checked-in at the hotel. It had lots of snacks, waters, cookies, marriage books, and it also contained a few items that are pictured at the bottom right. I almost didn't post the picture. Lets just say they promote growing the nursery at our church. :) It was really funny and we were all given the same "gifts" at the marriage retreat 2 years ago so we have come to expect it.
One not so exciting thing that came from the weekend away was the stomach bug that Josh and 6 or 7 others from our group caught. Josh got sick mid-morning during the session Saturday. By the time we got home, his fever was 101. He was much better yesterday. No fever or stomach problems. He is back at work today and I am wiping down everything he even looked at while he was sick. Hopefully, Brody and I will not get it.
Last night, we celebrated my mom's birthday with my family. I cooked swiss chicken, roasted potatoes, salad and rolls and we had birthday cake. My mom's actual birthday was yesterday so I am glad we had time to celebrate last night. Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you so much and we are so thankful for all you do for us!

This was the cake after we destroyed it. It said, "Happy Birthday, Gigi!" It was so cute with the pink paisley all over it!

Finally, last night ended our 21 Day television fast. We made it to the bitter end without watching tv. It was very anti-climatic last night when we were finally able to turn it back on. I have realized how much more I can do when I am not parked on the couch all night long. Josh was glad to be able to watch the football games last night. He was keeping the remote pretty close to his body! :) This morning when Brody got up, I turned GMA on and he clapped. I think he may have missed the TV a little, as well. I may share with you soon some of the things that came from the fast. It was a great 3 weeks!I think I am about to call the doctor and take Brody to have his ears checked. He keeps rubbing one of them and he is getting in one last molar so it could be tooth related, but I would rather be safe than sorry!

Hope you have a great Monday!

26 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

I can't stop laughing! I saw the picture on the bottom right and was wondering if it was what I thought it was :)

Summer said...

LOL about the bottom right picture....I was wondering is that what I think that is LOL!!

I am glad you had a wonderful time....and Great Job on your TV FAST!!

I betcha your hubby was happy to watch the play offs last night and you probably will wanna watch the Bachelor tonight....Lots of Drama....

Summer

Jennifer said...

That cake looked like it was really cute...great job on the TV fast!!

The Smiths said...

What hotel did y'all stay in? We were thinking of going up there for spring break, it looks really nice!

Faith said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! So sorry to hear that Josh has been sick, and I really hope that Brody is okay. Have a great Monday!

Kari Beth said...

LOVE the gift bag that you received! Still trying to figure out what is in the bottom right corner...so if you feel like shooting me an e-mail I would greatly appreciate it! I'm dying to know! Glad y'all had fun. So sad that Aaron and I missed it. Maybe next year :)

Meg said...

The marraige retreat sounds like fun :) Hope you guys don't catch the bug!

Superchikk said...

Glad ya'll had fun. We enjoyed it last time, but just couldn't make it this year. It's just as well - Caedmon woke up with a fever on Saturday, so I would've been worried about him all Saturday. I'm glad Josh is better too. I've heard that stomach bug is quick - that's the only kind that should be allowed, in my opinion.

Good luck with Brody's ears. Caedmon faked us out - I took him to get his ears checked because he'd been poking at them and told me they hurt. You know what happened last time. So I got there and the doctor said his ears were perfect. Crazy kid. I wish you could just do a drive-thru ear check instead of having to do the whole appointment thing. Ugh.

Katie said...

I hope Josh feels much better this week and that you and Brody don't get sick either!!

Cara Beth said...

Glad you had a great little getaway!

Hattie said...

Glad to see y'all had a great weekend except for getting sick. A marriage retreat sounds fun. Happy Birthday to your mom!

April said...

What a blessing- I would love to do a couples' retreat sometime w/ my husband!

Kelly said...

Sounds like SUCH a fun weekend!
Your mom's cake looks so cute (and good!) Keeping Rick's in business!
I'm sorry Josh got sick - hope he is better and I hope Brody is okay.
And I would get SO much more done without TV. I really try not to watch it much. I watch GMA and then pretty much turn it off until late at night when we watch DVR. I'd love to hear things you learned during your fast!

Karen said...

I'm trying to figure out what is in that picture and I can't figure it out even with my glasses on! Glad you had a fun weekend! Your blog is always so fun to read even for someone who doesn't know you! I know my husband thinks I'm nuts to follow the blogs of these fabulous women whom I've never met...you, Katie, Hillary, Laurie, and Kelly.Keep up the great work!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

What a fun weekend! That's too funny about the gift bag. I love the cake for your mom, and the dinner sounded so good!! Sorry about Josh...hope he's feeling better, and Brody too! And hope you stay well! :)

Julee Turner said...

Wow! Yall really ate alot of the cake! Haha! Wish I could have been there! And I'm glad you are done with the fast and can watch tv now! I felt like the devil when I had it on at my house while you were there the other night! Haha!

Erin said...

Hope he doesnt have an ear infection. Thank goodness Alex has only had 2 in her life and she fought them both off on her own. Hope you stay healthy and dont get sick. Sounds like a fun retreat! What tv show did you miss the most?

Adge said...

the marriage retreat sounds like a good time.

A. Hilborn said...

Jen, the room you guys stayed in looks gorgeous! Can't wait to hear what you learned during your tv fast.

And about the 20 wks preggers comment...wow...that is so wild! I can't imagine that right now! Although secretly I can't wait :)

You guys are perfect parents, but....I'm thinking Aaron and I need just a weeeee bit more time! ha!

Heather said...

Glad to hear that you made it through the TV fast. I may need to do that as well. I have a serious addiction to the TV!

Amanda M. said...

Ugh - that awful stomach bug. We've had it go thru our home and I've heard from friends all over the country on Facebook that their families have gone thru it, too! Yucky - must be stomach bug season.
I would love to hear your thoughts on staying away from TV. I do hope you post about that!

Lindsey said...

TV Fast? I am so going to present that at our house...and blame you. HAHA just kidding. :)Glad you guys had a good weekend. I could stand to see your face sometime soon.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Great to hear that you had an amazing time.

prashant said...

I saw the picture on the bottom right and was wondering if it was what I thought it was

Work from home India

Junda Xu said...

20150721 junda
michael kors watches
replica watches rolex
replica watches for sale
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton sito ufficiale
gucci uk
louboutin
burberry outlet
air force pas cher
oakley sunglasses outlet
jordan femme
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin
ralph lauren polo shirts
michael kors bags
polo ralph lauren
ray bans
kate spade handbags
kate spade new york
louis vuitton
coach outlet store online
soccer outlet
jordan shoes uk
pandora jewelry outlet
michael kors handbags
gucci handbags
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
polo ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses sale
michael kors handbags
tory burch outlet
polo outlet
soccer shoes
louboutin pas cher
ed hardy uk
air max uk

fattoma said...

https://3kary.com/property-status/chalets-for-rent/
https://3kary.com/property-status/chalets-for-sale/
https://3kary.com/property-type/chalets/