Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Messy Monday

We have had a fairly uneventful day yesterday. It was freezing cold outside and all the snow and slush from Sunday refroze so schools were cancelled, which means MDO was cancelled. So we spent the day inside.

Brody spent his day making messes all over the house.I honestly have no idea how he is constantly into something, but he always is!

Yesterday, he rolled our house in toilet paper. Mixed up all the dirty clothes and clean clothes, so I didn't know which were which. He dumped make-up all over my bathroom floor. He hid my cell phone while it was on silent....I finally found it next to the toilet. He stole the SD card for our camera out of the computer...I still can't find it. He snuck away with his sippy cup of milk and then spilled some of it on his bedroom floor. He tore up books. He ran away with my Bible and tore the map out of the back. Good thing I don't use those. :) He drug things ALL OVER the house. It was seriously the messiest this house have ever been. He topped off the day by dumping dry cereal all over the floor and then stomping on it. I was letting him have some for a snack and I guess he figured it was easier to just eat it off the floor. I just let him play in his mess. I think he loved every minute of it!
Surveying the mess

Where did they all go?

He realized I caught him so he said "uh oh!"

"Yes, I made this mess! Are you proud?"

Drinking the empty snack container just hoping something would come out!

Little feet that are guilty of stomping all over the cereal.

"While I am at it, I should just dump the entire box out on the floor"....good thing I was watching! :)

I pray I find JOY on days like yesterday! I know that every day with him is a blessing, even if I spend all day cleaning up behind him! :)

16 comments:

Mary said...

oh yes, it has started...but they are so fun aren't they? :)

Summer said...

Oh girly,
Welcome to toddler-hood!! LOL
They are the cutest and oh so fun though!
Summer :0)

Lisa said...

That's our world too! Well, they are only 4 days a part =) BTW, footed PJ's melt my heart!
Oh, did I tell you that I got to meet Miss Perri and Leah??? We are IRL friends now, lol. Thanks to you I have met such a sweet new friend.

Cara Beth said...

He's so cute! I love his little smile!

The Williams' said...

So...this is what I have to look forward to? I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Kelly said...

Oh these snow days with toddlers are something else, aren't they? You just have to laugh and try not to watch the clock for bedtime. ha! I was so worn out after yesterday!
Brody is a mess!!! A really cute mess!

Erin said...

The messes, sometimes it isn't even worth cleaning up because they just go right back at it once it is clean :) He is so cute though, you can't stay mad at him for long ha ha!

Ashley said...

Aren't those days just the best!!!!!!????? Love it!

Crystal said...

Brody is just too cute!!! You will look back on these days and just laugh!!

Nina said...

I left you a little something on my blog today! :)

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

That is adorable--since it happened at your house of course. Ha. No, on a serious note, I can't seem to keep the house clean with little Miss. She just goes behind me and dirties what I just cleaned and more!! I am really struggling with it right now. So--just know you are not alone on days like yesterday. (c:

Tiffany Lockette said...

Oh the messes they will make but at the same time they are so cute. I can't help but laugh sometimes at the messes my daughter makes, the things she chooses to get into. Gotta love them. Just think, we were once just like them.

Kristi said...

Oh yes, they tend to find everything that is a "NO NO". You are better than me, sometimes I just laugh about it, but other times I find myself getting irritated and taking it away from them quickly. Just imagine if you had 2 of those running around!!! My life never has a dull moment.

The Wife said...

Such a good way to look at it! He is precious!

Nicole said...

Wow. You just totally described my days with my two year old son! LOL
Nicole

Southern Cinderella said...

too cute! Enjoy every moment!