Friday, January 29, 2010

Hiding Places

Brody has gotten in the habit of just putting his things all over the house. It seems that anytime we open up a drawer or cabinet, something is in there that doesn't belong. Last week, I found his Nike's in his kitchen drawer. I asked him to go put them in his room. I guess he figured this drawer was a good enough place for them.
I also found a car he had "parked" in another kitchen drawer.

One afternoon, I asked Brody to bring a diaper to me in the living room so I could change him, which he did. After I changed him, I asked him to take the dirty diaper and throw it away. He usually will take it and put it in his diaper champ. He walked away and then came back empty handed so I figured he had taken care of it. It wasn't until later that afternoon that I found the diaper in the toilet. I guess it makes sense to throw it in there! Haha!

In the past 2 weeks, Brody snatched both of our SD cards for our camera and hid them. Josh and I spent an hour and a half going through every drawer, basket, cabinet, and trash bag the other night trying to find it. We didn't find it. Every time I ask him where the blue card is, he says,"blue?" and points to the sky. Haha! We are probably going to have to go buy a couple more. Thankfully, I had copied all the pictures off of them onto our computer.

Hope you have a great Friday!

23 comments:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Brody makes me laugh - probably because I am not his mom! I am sure Evie will be doing these things soon. Hope you find your cord.

Mallory said...

Brody is too cute. The toilet thing is great! I guess you guys have power down there in AR? We missed the ice but got snow. Stay warm.

Megon said...

So funny!!!

Mary said...

aren't boys so fun? =)

bailey said...

that is too funny!

Sarah Wyland said...

Aw! Brody is such a cutie.

Todd and Courtney said...

That's so hilarious. Lauren still won't follow simple commands. She's in her own little world :) Enjoy the wintery weather!

r- m val said...

Go buy new ones, Murphy's law says as soon as you by them you'll find the others. Just don't open them for a few days, maybe just having purchased them will help them turn up! :)

Annie said...

Cute!! I keep finding toys in the laundry hamper and I just noticed that Blake threw his boots in the trash as well!! I guess he didnt like them :)

Erin said...

What a sneaky little man! I love that the diaper went into the toilet. He knows where the pee and poop goes thats for sure!

Hope you can find the cards. Check under the couch. I don't remember going through that with alex at all!

The Allens said...

That's so funny about the camera cards!

Hattie said...

We are going through the exact same thing at our house w/ Evan (14mos). I found his binkie in the toaster and we have been missing the remote to our tv in the bedroom for about a week. I can't find it anywhere! ha!

Amanda M. said...

That is so funny! My littlest one did that, too. She would just take stuff and put it wherever she felt it went best! They are SO funny! :)

Claire said...

Fun! Our little guy took his Dad's credit cards and hid them. We didn't find them until a year later. Needless to say, we ordered new ones.

Summer said...

LOL about Brody throwing the diaper in the toilet! Smart boy.... does seems like that is where is goes LOL!!

How funny he hides things everywhere! Kelcee once threw Greg's phone in the trash and we called it and heard it ringing from the trash bag in the garage....LOL

Thanks sooo much for your thoughts and prayers for me! It really meant the world to me

Summer :0)

Cara Beth said...

haha! That is too funny! I wonder if secretly he really knows what he is doing and really knows where he hid the cards... Hmmm...He is a smart little boy. You never know! Maybe he was thinking, "I'll hide these so momma doesn't take anymore pictures of me!" lol

Lesli said...

How funny!! Brody is sooo cute!! I know you feel, I swear I feel like I spend half of the day looking for things..lol.. Just today I found a bag of noodles in the fridge!! You know as soon as you buy a SD card, your old ones will show up!!

Have a great weekend!

Mallory said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoy yours every day because Brody is the cutest!

Kathleen said...

Here's an idea... buy a small cheap SD card and give it to him. Then watch what he does with it, if all goes as planned he will take the new card to wherever his little hiding spot is and lead you right to the others!

Levi's Mommy said...

Oh my goodness! What good memory you have! I remember doing that D-Now with you girls! Glad you commented back! Doug and Wade are still great friends. We are missing them while they are away. Small world - even bigger God! Enjoy the snow!

Julie said...

This is hillarious!! Hard for you to find where he puts things, but adorable still. He is just your little helper! :)

Angie said...

That's hilarious! Brody is just adorable, I'm sure he keeps his momma busy! Hope you had a great weekend!

Rebekah said...

Oh dear...I am already seeing this in our future. it is going to get worse before it better, huh?!?!